OEM Acer Travel charger kit @ Walmart - $15

Search This thread

sephv1

Feb 12, 2011
So the A500 that I had bought this week did not come with the charger. Just in case anyone was looking for a replacement, the Walmart's near my house have the A500 travel charger kit in the stores. Online the price is $22 but in the store it was only $14.99! I thought it was a pretty good deal since usually power supplies for for $25-30 in B&M stores usually.

Online the cheapest i could find was the $22 at Walmart anyways for the OEM one. eBay has some, but they are mostly all knockoffs from China.

Here's the link: walmart.com/ip/Acer-A500P01/16560714

The cord is pretty short, which I think is the norm for these. Comes with the US, EU and UK adapter plates.

If you go into the store and give the clerk the number below, they should be able to find it for you. In my store it was near the other tablet accessories, small section.

Hope this helps someone.

mfpmax

Feb 8, 2009
Florida
Just picked one up yesterday, wish it was a slimmer design though...however for someone brave enough they can make the cable longer instead of the stock short cable.

phonegunner

Oct 17, 2009
I am planning on taking this power supply (the one I bought from Walmart as a spare) and modifying one of the included adapters (probably the US one since it is the lowest profile) taking off the AC prongs and re routing a long AC side cable to where the adapter attaches to the transformer making it look more similar to a laptop adapter with a cord at each end...

This way I could still use it with the standard adapters and also have a lower profile power supply to carry in the case (without having to remove the adapter)

Ted...

Last edited:

frankws

Aug 14, 2011
I must have a retarded Walmart where I live. They had no idea what I asked for, the dude just kept showing me iPhone accessories. Can you guys hook me up with a Walmart sku or something?
You must live in Oklahoma.
I once stopped at a Subway shop in Oklahoma to get a sub.
When asked what kind of cheese I wanted, I said "Provolone."
The girl said "what" and I again said "provolone."
She said, "provolone, what's that?'
True story.

Reactions: mtmerrick

kpfx

Feb 2, 2009
San Antonio
Awesome find - San Antonio

Thanks a million! You just saved me two weeks of not being able to use my Iconia!

I just got back from a trip and I think that I left the interchangeable plug part at the hotel. I was just about to order a new power supply on eBay (avg $14) but wasn't too happy about the idea of waiting two weeks for the thing to ship in from China.

Found one here at the Walmart in San Antonio for $14.95.

gccromeo

Sep 10, 2011
Thanks brother. I've been having a hard time finding one on the internet (Amazon). I found mine in Charleston, SC.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Maybe the reason for the short cord is so you dont accidentally trip over it. I'd feel pretty dumb breaking my tablet all because I trip on it's long charge cord. And this thing charges pretty quick IMO, so it's no big deal to put it down for a short time while it charges.

bwassef

Oct 11, 2008
I am showing $14.99 online

Screenshot2012-01-20at90126PM.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the A500 that I had bought this week did not come with the charger. Just in case anyone was looking for a replacement, the Walmart's near my house have the A500 travel charger kit in the stores. Online the price is $22 but in the store it was only $14.99! I thought it was a pretty good deal since usually power supplies for for $25-30 in B&M stores usually.

Online the cheapest i could find was the $22 at Walmart anyways for the OEM one. eBay has some, but they are mostly all knockoffs from China.

Here's the link: walmart.com/ip/Acer-A500P01/16560714

The cord is pretty short, which I think is the norm for these. Comes with the US, EU and UK adapter plates.

If you go into the store and give the clerk the number below, they should be able to find it for you. In my store it was near the other tablet accessories, small section.

Hope this helps someone.
    I must have a retarded Walmart where I live. They had no idea what I asked for, the dude just kept showing me iPhone accessories. Can you guys hook me up with a Walmart sku or something?

The UPC code from my receipt is 088448399945, they should be able to look that up, I would imagine.
    You must live in Oklahoma.
    I once stopped at a Subway shop in Oklahoma to get a sub.
    When asked what kind of cheese I wanted, I said "Provolone."
    The girl said "what" and I again said "provolone."
    She said, "provolone, what's that?'
    True story.