[GUIDE] How to make your regional firmware an .FTF file

Search This thread

leajian

Apr 17, 2011
Shin Sekai
github.com
Okep. I assume you have the latest FlashTool installed already...

1) Get this (SEUS) : http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/sony_ericsson/models/seus/7572.html
2) Flash your phone with the latest software available using SEUS.
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Sony Ericcson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs\
4) Copy the 2 largest files you'll find there to C:\Flashtool\leajian (I assume you created there a folder called leajian)
5) Run FlashTool
6) Click Advanced > Decrypt Files
7) Source folder : C:\Flashtool\leajian
8) From Files, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Files to convert
9) Click OK
10) Wait patiently till it finishes...
11) From Folder list, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Firmware content
12) On Device write the model [ex. Xperia X10 Mini(E10i)], on Version write the firmware version and/or the Android version [ex. 2.1.1.A.0.6 (Eclair_2.1)], on Branding write the region and your name if you wish [ex. Greek (by Leajian)].
13) Click OK
14) On Device Selection choose the device it is for (ex. E10i)
15) Wait very patiently...
16) When it finishes the .ftf file is located on C:\Flashtool\firmwares
17) SHARE IT ON XDA!!!

Last edited:

SmG67

May 2, 2012

On my computer it's C:\ProgramData\...
Win7-64bit :)

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

11) From Folder list, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Firmware content

you say: move the 2 files to firmware content, but after decrypting i've got about 9 files in the folderlist

And it asks locked or unlocked bootloader after device-selection, is that option dependent on your device, or the loader.sin?
I guess the stock firmware would have a locked bootloader, but i unlocked my device, so which one do i have to choose?

And the X10Mini modelnumber is E10, not E20 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: leajian

leajian

Apr 17, 2011
Shin Sekai
github.com

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

you say: move the 2 files to firmware content, but after decrypting i've got about 9 files in the folderlist

And it asks locked or unlocked bootloader after device-selection, is that option dependent on your device, or the loader.sin?
I guess the stock firmware would have a locked bootloader, but i unlocked my device, so which one do i have to choose?

Sorry, I didn't know for 64bit based systems, don't own one. I think is quite obvious though. :)

Of course you deselect the 2 files from the beggining! :eek:
You need the decrypted content only.

As for the bootloader question, you choose locked, because the truth is that bootloader was never unlocked, only patched. And device selection is for letting FlashTool know which loader.sin it must include. :D

And, indeed it's E10 :p

Thanks for questions, we clarified some misunderstandings for other users too. :)

Reactions: SmG67

twins.7

Nov 4, 2010
if I want to back to stock, from unlock bootloader should I relock the bootloader first?

Thx,

jnightz

Dec 8, 2010
I got my x10 mini already updated and rooted, so SEUS can't update.
Can't I do that with my phone contents, or with a xrecovery backup?
I could simply use the xrecovery restore but what if I change the kernel to nAa, I must have a backup of my kernel (x10 mini 2.1.1.C.0.0) if I want to restore it later.

SmG67

May 2, 2012
I got my x10 mini already updated and rooted, so SEUS can't update.
Can't I do that with my phone contents, or with a xrecovery backup?
I could simply use the xrecovery restore but what if I change the kernel to nAa, I must have a backup of my kernel (x10 mini 2.1.1.C.0.0) if I want to restore it later.

The point is, if you've updated your phone, the files necessary are already downloaded onto your computer in the folder specified in the tutorial. Go from there :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Get this (SEUS) : http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/sony_ericsson/models/seus/7572.html
    2) Flash your phone with the latest software available using SEUS.
    4) Copy the 2 largest files you'll find there to C:\Flashtool\leajian (I assume you created there a folder called leajian)
    5) Run FlashTool
    6) Click Advanced > Decrypt Files
    7) Source folder : C:\Flashtool\leajian
    8) From Files, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Files to convert
    9) Click OK
    10) Wait patiently till it finishes...
    12) On Device write the model [ex. Xperia X10 Mini(E10i)], on Version write the firmware version and/or the Android version [ex. 2.1.1.A.0.6 (Eclair_2.1)], on Branding write the region and your name if you wish [ex. Greek (by Leajian)].
    13) Click OK
    14) On Device Selection choose the device it is for (ex. E10i)
    15) Wait very patiently...
    16) When it finishes the .ftf file is located on C:\Flashtool\firmwares
    17) SHARE IT ON XDA!!!

Sorry, I didn't know for 64bit based systems, don't own one. I think is quite obvious though. :)

Of course you deselect the 2 files from the beggining! :eek:
    You need the decrypted content only.

As for the bootloader question, you choose locked, because the truth is that bootloader was never unlocked, only patched. And device selection is for letting FlashTool know which loader.sin it must include. :D

And, indeed it's E10 :p

Thanks for questions, we clarified some misunderstandings for other users too. :)
    if I want to back to stock, from unlock bootloader should I relock the bootloader first?

Thx,

No :) Never mess with your bootloader again, unless you want to take your phone for repairs under warranty, in that case, flash back to stock first and then relock the bootloader.