[Q] Hboot won't unlock

Search This thread

Balask

Feb 8, 2013
Okay so I used the SuperCID apk and it converted my CID to a bunch of Twos and then I used the HTC unlock method to unlock my phone. But after I select root my phone I'll void the warranty it boots into Android mode where I reboot it into recovery it says locked. It doesn't say relocked or unlocked it simply says locked like it never unlocked my phone even though it had just said it unlocked it maybe 2 minutes prior. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Can you try to explain what's happening a little bit better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Balask

Feb 8, 2013
Can you try to explain what's happening a little bit better.

Okay so I ran the SuperCID from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36976137 and it changed my CID to 22222222.
I then do "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" that I got from HTC and then select Yes on the prompt.
It then boots into normal android mode and then it goes through the normal setup. I then enable the debuging mode and then do
"adb reboot-bootloader" it then reboots into bootloder locked.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Okay so I ran the SuperCID from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36976137 and it changed my CID to 22222222.
I then do "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" that I got from HTC and then select Yes on the prompt.
It then boots into normal android mode and then it goes through the normal setup. I then enable the debuging mode and then do
Is there a way for you to take a video of when you send the unlock token and click yes on your phone. Because I'm really not sure what's going wrong.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com

Keep flashing it until it unlocks sometimes it takes 20 times

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
If you do a factory reset first from bootloader then unlock, it will work first time every time.......it'll wipe your SD tho. Once you have a custom recovery flashed don't use that method anymore tho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
For me. I had to turn phone completely off. Then boot into HBOOT/Fastboot in order for the unlock to work. Make sure fast boot is unchecked in the power options before turning off.

Balask

Feb 8, 2013
In about three minutes this video should show a HTC DNA not unlocking even with SuperCID change and the correct file to unlock the phone with.
Code:
youtu.be/6P7mQ0rP-ms

Balask

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks a lot turning it completely off actually did the trick. Now my next question is since I had to put on a custom recovery to install Super User now do I install a stock recovery so that it can do over the air updates now that I have S-Off. If it updates my stock rom with OTA will I have to flash a custom rom to root it again or will SU still be there because its S-Off?

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks a lot turning it completely off actually did the trick. Now my next question is since I had to put on a custom recovery to install Super User now do I install a stock recovery so that it can do over the air updates now that I have S-Off. If it updates my stock rom with OTA will I have to flash a custom rom to root it again or will SU still be there because its S-Off?

I'm not sure why'd you want to take the ota, but yes, you'll need the stock recovery if you want to take it. Then you'll need to install a custom recovery and install a superuser package.

Having s off has nothing to do with superuser or the ota.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app