[Q][SOLVED] Samsung ATIV S FS Full Access Issue

Search This thread

sandro1900

Feb 9, 2014
Hello,

I had some problem while enabling the FS full access with my Samsung ATIV S (OS version 8.0.10211.204).

Here are the steps I followed:

1 - first dev unlock and then interop unlock the device
2- I installed the SamWP8 Tools and I turned on the Full FS access
3 - I followed the suggestions that can be found on the various forum's threads but still I can't get access to the phone's disk (the disk seems to be empty)

Just a side note: I'm working with a Windows 7 OS and I'm virtualizing a Windows 8.1 pro + WP8 SDK - this should be a problem, since I can sideload xaps without any error.

Can someone please assist me with the solution of the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sandro.

** Update ** I solved the issue by upgrading the OS from GDR1 to GDR2, following @MauzaoFilho and @Randοm Hero's suggetions - the device first downloads and installs the GDR2 than, if you want, it will allows the uprade to the GDR3. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

MauzaoFilho

Oct 25, 2011
Try to update your system to version GDR2, I think this is a problem of incompatibility between the interop unlock with the GDR1 and FS.

Randοm Hero

Jan 25, 2014
Are you running software on the PC that interacts with the phone (eg windows media player syncs, etc.)? If yes, turn that program off.

Randοm Hero

Jan 25, 2014
No, everything is turned off.

My problem now is: can I directly update my device to GDR3 - now I have GDR1 - while preventing the interop-unlock ?

Thanks

I think first you have to update to GDR2, then GDR3 (someone confirm this, please). If you Interop-unlock GDR2, then yes, you can indeed prevent your phone from unlocking, using the SamWP8 Tools & following the instructions in this thread