[Q] Problem with Flashroot in fastboot mode

Search This thread

b3rsam

Aug 16, 2013
Tiblisi
www.bersam.org
Hi everybody,

I own a Xperia L C2105 Unlocked with latest Stock Rom on it. I wanted to install a custom CWM enabled kernel. So with FlashTool, Started phone in fastboot mode (volume key up) and get led blue on... also FlashTool logged this message:

07/026/2014 00:26:52 - INFO - Device connected in fastboot mode

So i just clicked on Flash icon and choose that "fastboot mode". everything just looking great. but after if i do anything in that mode i get this:

07/027/2014 00:27:27 - ERROR - This action can only be done in fastboot mode

I'm sure I've unlocked my phone and I'm sure I'm on fastboot mode but somehow, Flashroot doesn't allow to using this.

I'm Using Flashtool Version 0.9.14.0 built on 12-02-2014 22:45:00, on Linux 3.13.5, I thought maybe this problem is with Linux version cause i didn't find same problem on forums before...

any idea how to solve this problem? maybe it's java version problem?

Last edited:

lollomura

Mar 4, 2014
fastboot

Hi everybody,

I own a Xperia L C2105 Unlocked with latest Stock Rom on it. I wanted to install a custom CWM enabled kernel. So with FlashTool, Started phone in fastboot mode (volume key up) and get led blue on... also FlashTool logged this message:

07/026/2014 00:26:52 - INFO - Device connected in fastboot mode

So i just clicked on Flash icon and choose that "fastboot mode". everything just looking great. but after if i do anything in that mode i get this:

07/027/2014 00:27:27 - ERROR - This action can only be done in fastboot mode

I'm sure I've unlocked my phone and I'm sure I'm on fastboot mode but somehow, Flashroot doesn't allow to using this.

I'm Using Flashtool Version 0.9.14.0 built on 12-02-2014 22:45:00, on Linux 3.13.5, I thought maybe this problem is with Linux version cause i didn't find same problem on forums before...

any idea how to solve this problem? maybe it's java version problem?

What option have you selected for flashing kernel? Maybe hotboot? Have you tried both?

b3rsam

Aug 16, 2013
Tiblisi
www.bersam.org
What option have you selected for flashing kernel? Maybe hotboot? Have you tried both?

Here's all i do, First open Flashtool:

Then add phone, in fastboot mode... Flashtool log it too. and choose to flash using fastboot mode:
Pqnhd1u.png

Then, Choose "Select kernel to Flash":
7l0mm7m.png

And I got the error:
LvPnD3u.png

I choose other options as well, nothing work in fastboot mode.

lollomura

Mar 4, 2014
Ok, i think you should do The same steps in The photos but you do all with phone disconnected until flashtool ask you to connect (you start the procedure and a window Will pop up n ask It )

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app

b3rsam

Aug 16, 2013
Tiblisi
www.bersam.org
Ok, i think you should do The same steps in The photos but you do all with phone disconnected until flashtool ask you to connect (you start the procedure and a window Will pop up n ask It )

Same error, actually i think there is no difference. because when i do this, no instruction (pop up) shown, same error as i attached device nor i deattach the device! but fastboot devices show correct device! no idea what is the problem.

lollomura

Mar 4, 2014
It's strange, i think you did something wrong... The connect message have to popup. You Will START flashing procedure with phone disconnected

underd0g

It's strange, i think you did something wrong... The connect message have to popup. You Will START flashing procedure with phone disconnected

Popup will only happen when we want to unlock bootloader, not flashing the kernel.

@b3rsam
Try choose "Reboot into fastboot mode (via Fastboot)" and then flash the kernel after device is connected in fastboot mode.
Or try power on your device, wait until Flashtool identify your device. Then use Flash icon and Select Fastboot mode.
Select"Reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)", wait until your phone boot in Fastboot mode, and select kernel to flash.
Hope it works :)

b3rsam

Aug 16, 2013
Tiblisi
www.bersam.org
Popup will only happen when we want to unlock bootloader, not flashing the kernel.

@b3rsam
Try choose "Reboot into fastboot mode (via Fastboot)" and then flash the kernel after device is connected in fastboot mode.
Or try power on your device, wait until Flashtool identify your device. Then use Flash icon and Select Fastboot mode.
Select"Reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)", wait until your phone boot in Fastboot mode, and select kernel to flash.
Hope it works :)

Didn't worked, anyway thanks for your workaround... Actually i tested Windows version and worked without problem. So this should be tagged under Linux Version of FlashTool problem. i thought it might be driver or something, but fastboot in linux identify correct devices.