[Q] Ripped off contact on phone middle frame

Search This thread

Damm79

Jun 4, 2014
I got an gt-s5830i with gingerbread 2.3.6 comes with the factory system. The phone get broken, so touch screen and the cover from behind where the battery is. So for couple days the back was covered with tape to avoid the dust and the sand going in on the battery, mainboard etc, dont do that is a really bad idea!!! The tape get ripped off with the handling getting part of a flex cable that looks like black patch frm outside and inside got a little copper plate. The phone works fine and i dont see where this part affects the device. Only the headphones are working strange about not aligned contact cause i don´t use the original phones. Can somebody say what is this part and how can affect the device???
I found nothing on the service manual about this, if is a kind of ground circuit, or interference filter. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• phonepart.jpg
    phonepart.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Damm79

Jun 4, 2014
I think that was network strip..like antena

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Probably yes, but i can make phonecalls and use the wifi, even sometime i got 3G connection, maybe is enough with the tiny part that remains on the phone???.i ask cause i gonna replace the touch screen cause is really broken, and was thinking if i buy this strip and not all the middle case. I found 3 pictures to have a better idea where this strip got contact to the mainboard, to clear was for function this strip has. Follow the red arrows. Is amazing to have so quick answer, i will keep looking thanks!!!:laugh:

Attachments

• xfxMsvA.jpg
    xfxMsvA.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 8
  • dvCrJIV.jpg
    dvCrJIV.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 10
  • YEHWOAx.jpg
    YEHWOAx.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 9

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Probably yes, but i can make phonecalls and use the wifi, even sometime i got 3G connection, maybe is enough with the tiny part that remains on the phone???.i ask cause i gonna replace the touch screen cause is really broken, and was thinking if i buy this strip and not all the middle case. I found 3 pictures to have a better idea where this strip got contact to the mainboard, to clear was for function this strip has. Follow the red arrows. Is amazing to have so quick answer, i will keep looking thanks!!!:laugh:

One is display strip..one is speaker strip...and one is screen digitizer strip...i already changed my screen digitizer with new screen digitizer....and about that strip which is for network.... there is no connection with screen digitizer with network strip..

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2