[ROM] insanity ii cm ics & insanity ii cm jb

Search This thread

enel_

Aug 28, 2009
Be careful with the new bootloders the break the USB jig, I downgraded my wifes to older bootloaders after she flashed an ICS ROM which contained bootloaders. However if you ask trojan he will beg to differ as he bricked his ;p

Yeah I heard about these new bootloaders and because of that I didn't flash anything Sammy ICS related. I think I'm fine with my old GB bootloader and a working usb jig :D. Ooooo sh*t, poor trojan :(

AHAHAHAH ;D:D

Well enel_ radio/modem can be installed separately from rom, this means you can have a KG1 which is GB on ins#68 or having a newer.. your discretion

I know that and I'm going to do so, no Sammy ICS flashing :D

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
I have NEKI2 modem right now which in my country seems the better, you should gather some feedback for yours

darkneill

Aug 20, 2011
Before I flash insanity ROM, I flashed Sammy official ics ROM. In that case I have the ics bootloader?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Before I flash insanity ROM, I flashed Sammy official ics ROM. In that case I have the ics bootloader?

The easiest and safest way to get from stock ROM to Insanity/CM9 is to flash "Ressurection ROM" from the first post of the CM9 general discussions thread (wich contains the correct bootloader):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419102

Follow the noob-proof ODIN method (under Instructions). And then flash Insanity and GAPPS from CWM. (remember to remove Vending.apk, googleservicesframework.apk and marketupdater.apk from GAPPS prior to flashing it).

Last edited:
Reactions: darkneill

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
All,

Please note there is an updated version of insanity.

New Version - 069 - 685c419c5ea072a5a5ad7f080981f783
2d2n9mo
insanity ii cm 069
Changes:
NEW - SuperSU
UPDATE - su
REMOVED - SuperUser
Bugfix : Users with no preference wrongly see expanded (android_frameworks_base)
Openvpn binary fully compatible with Android ICS API (android_external_openvpn)
Revert "ime: Add mdpi-specific dimensions" (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)
Settings: Remove redundant ProfilesSettings file (android_packages_apps_Settings)
stagefright: limit 7x27a meta mode check to QCOM_HARDWARE (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base: enable meta mode for 7x27a video encoder (android_frameworks_base)
Added option to select location of saved videos / photos (android_packages_apps_Camera)
Camera: Don't try to set focus/metering areas when none exist (android_packages_apps_Camera)
LGE*RIL: Skip data-call format conversions unless it's a non-ICS RIL (android_frameworks_base)
galaxys2: name emmc "internal" again, switchablepair takes care now (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
MountService: Account for switchable vold pair (android_frameworks_base)
galaxys2: sdcard is always our primary storage and none is removable during power on (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
msm7x27a audio: Remove support for the tunneled formats (android_hardware_qcom_media)
QualcommNoSimReadyRIL: Support radio state in new generation rils (android_frameworks_base)
galaxys2: fix permissions on /dev/input/* (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
galaxys2: change storage description for internal sdcard to sdcard (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
galaxys2: use internal storage by default (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
qcom-audio: Exclude if TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO (android_hardware_qcom_media)
ime: Add mdpi-specific dimensions (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)
drawable: fix ugly gradient on dark holo background (android_frameworks_base)
galaxys2: fix global environment defines for storage (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
Build stage2 initramfs into kernel. (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
Phone: Add LTE+GSM to the list of valid network modes (android_packages_apps_Phone)
galaxys2: inline kernel building (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
galaxys2: switch mountpounts of sdcards to match cm standard (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
galaxys2: use opensource sensor hal, new auto brightness values (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
vold: fix handling of discs with multiple majors on DirectVolume::getShareDevice() (android_system_vold)
galaxys2: set vold.post_fs_data_done during boot for device encryption (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
Bluetooth: Add MAP Profile features (#3857). Fixup problems with the SDP records - probably prevented several units from working. the changes introduced in sdptool.c should probably be back-ported to gingerbread. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)
Remove the deprecated heapsize preference (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Settings TTS: Default sample play failed for PicoTTS (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Update to upstream bash 4.2 (android_external_bash)
Merge upstream 4.86 (android_external_lsof)
Bluetooth: Add MAP Profile features (#3857) (android_packages_apps_Mms)
Bluetooth: Add MAP Profile features (#3857) (android_packages_apps_Email)
Bluetooth: Add MAP Profile features (#3857) (android_packages_apps_Bluetooth)
Bluetooth: Add MAP Profile features (#3857) (android_frameworks_base)
DevicePolicy: Fix lockNow() failing to turn off screen (android_frameworks_base)​

darkneill

Aug 20, 2011
first time I got myself into kernel panic mode with build 69 . Make me panic .... Iam the one make the phone panic haha.

frater

Aug 10, 2005
Coming from checkrom (gingerbread) this was the first ICS I've tried. It looked promising, but when I tried to add my exchange account I was unable to.

After I pressed 'add account', there were no types to choose from.
Of course I did a factory reset.

Did I miss something?

I then flashed wanamlite from which I'm now sending this message. The accounts were working on that one.

frater

Aug 10, 2005
I just reflashed this ICS (this time 69) and am having the same problem.
Did a factory reset with CWM and installed the ics-gapps from which I removed the framework (vending.apk was already gone, is that correct?)

I am now still unable to add an Exchange Account.
Can't even find an email app.

I really need email and hope to know soon how it's solved or I have to reflash again....

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
I just reflashed this ICS (this time 69) and am having the same problem.
Did a factory reset with CWM and installed the ics-gapps from which I removed the framework (vending.apk was already gone, is that correct?)

I am now still unable to add an Exchange Account.
Can't even find an email app.

I really need email and hope to know soon how it's solved or I have to reflash again....

No, vending.apk is not gone in latest gapps!
It's been renamed to.. Ah, it just slipped my mind.. Renamed to something strange anyway. See the changelog at rootzwiki for the exact name and delete that APK too;-)

For exchange you have to go through the insanity app and install email and exchange.. They are not included in this ROM.

Good luck mate

Sent from my mind using telepathy

frater

Aug 10, 2005
Partially found it!!

I needed to add "email" with the package "nitrality"
Adding "Exchange" gave a "package rejected" message.

I'm now able to add an exchange account, but it doesn't finish the provisioning. It doesn't even contact my server as I can see in the log of the server (Zarafa)

I think I need to add that "Exchange" with "nitrality" first, but I can't because it say "package rejected" each time I try to install it.
It does so with most packages, but not all (I was able to add email)

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

According to this page http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps
it's

phonesky.apk

I will delete that app and load that patched gapps.zip with CWM after a wipe.

But if I still can't add that exchange I'm still %&&^@%

As I said... there's NO communication at all between my server and the phone....
It just waits forever to check the "server settings"

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Partially found it!!

I needed to add "email" with the package "nitrality"
Adding "Exchange" gave a "package rejected" message.

I'm now able to add an exchange account, but it doesn't finish the provisioning. It doesn't even contact my server as I can see in the log of the server (Zarafa)

I think I need to add that "Exchange" with "nitrality" first, but I can't because it say "package rejected" each time I try to install it.
It does so with most packages, but not all (I was able to add email)

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

According to this page http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps
it's

phonesky.apk

I will delete that app and load that patched gapps.zip with CWM after a wipe.

But if I still can't add that exchange I'm still %&&^@%

As I said... there's NO communication at all between my server and the phone....
It just waits forever to check the "server settings"

The best way to go is to download CM9 nightly, and then extract the Email.apk and Exchange.apk from system/app (within the nightly) and push it (copy it) to the system/app folder on your device. Remember to change permissions to 644 or fix permissions in CWM.

As for Vending.apk; it is correct that this has been renamed to Phonesky.apk in latest GAPPS, so the three files to remove is: Phonesky.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and MarketUpdater.apk

frater

Aug 10, 2005
I went back to Wannamlite (where Exchange worked immediately).
It takes me some time before I have everything setup as I want it even though ActiveSync & Titanium Backup helps me.
I will probably wait a while before I reflash as I also want to use my phone.
I'm not at all satisfied with wanamlite... It depletes my battery within 4 hours, so I will probably reflash as soon as I see an alternative.
I wasn't even satisfied with Checkrom... That one even lasted 10 hours.

I might try that procedure when I have time and fast Internet.
Thank you for these tips.
Maybe the OP sees this message and he knows what's wrong.

Why is the email-app excluded anyway?
Isn't it one of the basic things you want to do on a smartphone?

ActiveSync/Exchange is (alas) the only multiplatform protocol that supports mail / contacts and agenda. I'm not that keen on Microsoft and that's why I'm running Opensource Zarafa on Linux which provides Activesync.

BTW....
Does anyone know how to get the Activesync provisioning changed in Android or CM9?
In other words... How open is this opensource?

The provisioning has been enhanced since Exchange 2007 (before Android) and they are still not supporting it. iPhone doesn't do any better nor did Windows Mobile 6.5, but still....
The enhanced provisioning makes use of an "SRV DNS-record" which describes the server address it needs to connect to. No SRV-record is queried by Android.

I'm not a Java programmer, but I saw the source and it was clear there were a lot of steps missing. A shame really. I even mailed to author of that program (Marc Blank) but never got any reply.
Probably marketing strategy for which we have to suffer (again and again) :(

http://www.java2s.com/Open-Source/A.../com/android/exchange/EasSyncService.java.htm

Last edited:

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Why is the email-app excluded anyway?
Isn't it one of the basic things you want to do on a smartphone?

Insanity is what insaity is, because Nitr8 wants it to be like this. The things that is taken out is because he does not use them, and therefore does not need them to be in his ROM, you and all of us who may have other preferences need to tweak the ROM to our liking i.e. adding mail and exchange. I personally use gmail, so I do not need exchange, but adds gmail instead, and my mailing needs are satisfied.

Reactions: Eddiemc and buzzboy

forgetmyname

Oct 18, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
> Openvpn binary fully compatible with Android ICS API (android_external_openvpn)

This is greatly appreciated, because this did not work on the last GB release.

How does the speed of CM69 compare with the last GB Insanity release?

Last edited:

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
I can't seem to get some of my basic applications to install on the latest insanity 69. like Foursquare, Facebook... etc... in Goole Play Store on the browser it say's incompatible with your phone... any ideas???

aDEO

Jul 28, 2007
Bruxelles
www.adeo.hit.bg
I can't seem to get some of my basic applications to install on the latest insanity 69. like Foursquare, Facebook... etc... in Goole Play Store on the browser it say's incompatible with your phone... any ideas???

Hello,

1. Change your screen DPI to 240.
2. Clear the cache of Google play application
3. Instal what you want
4. Revert back your DPI
5. Perform step 2 again

Regards,
aDEO

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Hello,

1. Change your screen DPI to 240.
2. Clear the cache of Google play application
3. Instal what you want
4. Revert back your DPI
5. Perform step 2 again

Regards,
aDEO

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

No, this is not the way to go.

You need to reflash insanity and GAPPS (use gapps from 20120317, because the latest gapps will delete your vending.apk), but prior to flashing GAPPS remove vending.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and MarketUpdater.apk. This will make all apps compatible in market with the default 182 dpi in insanity.

Reactions: crazyscow

Top Liked Posts