Here for a friend

Search This thread

berger34

Jan 22, 2010
Hello again,

its been over four years since i was here last. had an HTC hero that came with 1.5 (those were the days). moved on to iphones but anyways.

Have a co-worker who is middle eastern and doesn't quite have a grasp on our language or all this rooting stuff so I came here to ask for him.

He has the acro S, build 6.2.b.1.96 (i think i wrote it right) and I believe its on 4.1.2; he is looking for an an official/unofficial kitkat rom. does such a thing exist, i have browsed this site and all I see are custom ROMs (that's the norm) but he is convinced by rooting and loading a custom ROM that puts him at risk for some malicious files being added to his device by the creator of the ROM. he can't be convinced otherwise.

Also, if there is no stock kitkat rom that he can load, what is the next newest rom he can load ?

sorry for the ramble, thanks for the help, and if theres an easier way to root like a one-click job, id appreciate the insight.

deedwar

Aug 26, 2008
Bendigo
goo.im
Hello again,

its been over four years since i was here last. had an HTC hero that came with 1.5 (those were the days). moved on to iphones but anyways.

Have a co-worker who is middle eastern and doesn't quite have a grasp on our language or all this rooting stuff so I came here to ask for him.

He has the acro S, build 6.2.b.1.96 (i think i wrote it right) and I believe its on 4.1.2; he is looking for an an official/unofficial kitkat rom. does such a thing exist, i have browsed this site and all I see are custom ROMs (that's the norm) but he is convinced by rooting and loading a custom ROM that puts him at risk for some malicious files being added to his device by the creator of the ROM. he can't be convinced otherwise.

Also, if there is no stock kitkat rom that he can load, what is the next newest rom he can load ?

sorry for the ramble, thanks for the help, and if theres an easier way to root like a one-click job, id appreciate the insight.

No such thing im afriad. I make a few of the different ROMs here and if your friend is paranoid about people messing with the ROM and adding things that they shouldnt im afraid he has to stick with the 4.1.2 official version as that is the latest.

This also needs to be moved to the general section as it isnt a development thread.

Reactions: teddy0209

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again,

No such thing im afriad. I make a few of the different ROMs here and if your friend is paranoid about people messing with the ROM and adding things that they shouldnt im afraid he has to stick with the 4.1.2 official version as that is the latest.

This also needs to be moved to the general section as it isnt a development thread.