[Q] Gnabo Rom V3 - Wi-Fi on N8000

Search This thread

Chieftain486

Jun 8, 2014
@Mikyno
First of all, big thanks for your work, your ROM is great!

Now, to the questions part. First time I upgraded to Gnabo Rom V2 from stock 4.1.2, and I did't change bootloader. I just flashed from CWR Gnabo V2 ROM + SU, so after the reboot Wi-Fi detected networks but couldn't connect. Then I flashed Wi-Fi-Fix for N8013 (http://xdaforums.com/atta...7&d=1401120355) and everything was fixed and worked almost perfectly (could not start(find) Wi-Fi-access point to share 3G-internet).
Now, as V3 was released, I tried the same route, but it was different from the start - I couldn't even activate Wi-Fi, and above-mentioned Fix did nothing.

Questions are:
1) Do I have to update the bootloader to make Wi-Fi work with V3 ?
2) What version of bootloader I need to use for my N8000 ?
3) Will it be possible to downgrade(restore from backup) back to 4.1.2 with the new bootloader ?
4) Will it be possible to restore the old stock bootloader after using the new one ?
5) Does Wi-Fi access point work on Gnabo V3 ?

Last edited:

stratism

Sep 20, 2011
1) No you do not need to update bootloader

But you do need to install the WiFi fix and also the kernel for v3 in order to allow the wifi to work.

Stratos

Reactions: Chieftain486

Chieftain486

Jun 8, 2014

But you do need to install the WiFi fix and also the kernel for v3 in order to allow the wifi to work.

Stratos

Thanks for the answer.

In the Gnabo V3 topic there is a link to kernel (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2764247&d=1401120355) , but it somehow confusing: the file name states, that it is for N8000 (Stock-GT-N8000-leaked-KK-Boot.img-CWR-installer.zip), but then there's a description for this link there, and it says "Kernel for N8013 (and N8010 maybe?)".

In the Gnabo ROM topic people always mention this link for N8010 and N8013 ... Is it OK to use that kernel for N8000 ?

Also, please help me understand - flashing the kernel is only affecting the ROM-part ? If I flash it, will it be possible to restore old backups (made from CWR) ? It's the "Boot.img" part of the file name that bothers me. I somehow afraid that if it changes bootloader it will be impossible to restore from older backups (made with the stock loader). I really hope that my concerns are unfounded, but I'd like to be sure :)

Last edited:

stratism

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the answer.

In the Gnabo V3 topic there is a link to kernel (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2764247&d=1401120355) , but it somehow confusing: the file name states, that it is for N8000 (Stock-GT-N8000-leaked-KK-Boot.img-CWR-installer.zip), but then there's a description for this link there, and it says "Kernel for N8013 (and N8010 maybe?)".

In the Gnabo ROM topic people always mention this link for N8010 and N8013 ... Is it OK to use that kernel for N8000 ?

Also, please help me understand - flashing the kernel is only affecting the ROM-part ? If I flash it, will it be possible to restore old backups (made from CWR) ? It's the "Boot.img" part of the file name that bothers me. I somehow afraid that if it changes bootloader it will be impossible to restore from older backups (made with the stock loader). I really hope that my concerns are unfounded, but I'd like to be sure :)

That is correct. You can use the kernel for N8010. I do also have the N8010 but somehow it is "shown as" N8013...

Reactions: SandeshSnow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stratos
    Thanks for the answer.

That is correct. You can use the kernel for N8010. I do also have the N8010 but somehow it is "shown as" N8013...