Newb done something very stupid, possibly

Search This thread

mishy310593

Jun 11, 2014
Hi guys,

First time on XDA, however, I have read a fair bit and like the people :)

I started playing around with my phone a couple of weeks ago and I installed Cyanogenmod 11 with no problems. I then decided that I wanted to do a clean install to the update that was released a couple of days ago. So, I wipe ALL data. I thought that if I went into fastboot USB that it would allow me to just mount the phone to my computer and put the new ROM on the device. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the phone anymore through my computer, so I can't load the ROM onto it. Please help >.<

I have a HTC One (GSM)

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Boot into recovery. You should be able to adb push or adb sideload a Rom. There are lots of guides on it

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mishy310593

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Hi guys,

I started playing around with my phone a couple of weeks ago and I installed Cyanogenmod 11 with no problems. I then decided that I wanted to do a clean install to the update that was released a couple of days ago. So, I wipe ALL data. I thought that if I went into fastboot USB that it would allow me to just mount the phone to my computer and put the new ROM on the device. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the phone anymore through my computer, so I can't load the ROM onto it. Please help >.<

I have a HTC One (GSM)

Details sir.

Do you have HTC Sync Installed (drivers)?
Can you go into recovery and sideload a rom?

Reactions: mishy310593

mishy310593

Jun 11, 2014
Details sir.

I can go into recovery, yes. I have teamwin recovery installed. I don't have ANY data on the phone except the recovery software. I can go into ADB sideload, but it just hangs. I should have the drivers installed. When I go into device manager, it shows "android device".

Last edited:

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
You try sending a small .zip file over adb.. any small flashable .zip just to see if it makes it and loads up?

If it does load up on the device than its prob just the Rom size that's either causing it to hang up or slow transfer speed

mishy310593

Jun 11, 2014
You try sending a small .zip file over adb.. any small flashable .zip just to see if it makes it and loads up?

If it does load up on the device than its prob just the Rom size that's either causing it to hang up or slow transfer speed

Sorry, that was very ambiguous. What I should have said is that the file transfer and in the CMD it says that it was successful, but on the phone it says that it failed. I tried transferring cm-20140609-SNAPSHOT-M7-m7.zip. It comes up with this:

updating partition details...
Starting ADV sideload feature...
installing '/data/media/sideload.zip'...
checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/

mishy310593

Jun 11, 2014
I got it working :D the problem was the newest update from CM. I changed to the update in May and it worked straight away :D Kinda sad though because I was going to justify getting a new one because it was dead >.<

Thanks for the help guys :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boot into recovery. You should be able to adb push or adb sideload a Rom. There are lots of guides on it

Hi guys,

I have a HTC One (GSM)

Details sir.