[Q] Am I being SCAMMED with this M919 purchase?

Search This thread

bogdan109

Apr 22, 2013
IN THE UNIVERSE
Click on menu button to the left of back button and click on the firmware browser. See what is last one and download. I hope to help you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

guruqu

Oct 28, 2007
It says "Sorry, no data available."
Model: SGH-M919 CSC: CHM

If we assume it's a legit T-Mobile M919, whose firmware is thoroughly screwed up by some jerk.
ATM, it doesn't accept most of the T-Mobile firmware flash through ODIN. (Giving secure check fail error).
Is there anyway to forcefully restore everything back to "Stock Setting"?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
It says "Sorry, no data available."
Model: SGH-M919 CSC: CHM

If we assume it's a legit T-Mobile M919, whose firmware is thoroughly screwed up by some jerk.
ATM, it doesn't accept most of the T-Mobile firmware flash through ODIN. (Giving secure check fail error).
Is there anyway to forcefully restore everything back to "Stock Setting"?
Try flashing with another computer. Yes you can force flash but if Odin rejects the firmware there is a reason for it. Force flashing will most likely brick it.. Just because it says M919 on settings or at the start of the firmware does not mean its an M919, trust me I've seen many cases like this, not with the M919 but that's what this case also seems like. Unfortunately without back ups or correct firmware there is no way to go back to "stock"

guruqu

Oct 28, 2007
Can i make a nand backup than try my luck? If things go south i can restore to where i am now. But i guess if i screw up bootloader i wont be able to even odin anymore which would require hardware flash i guess? Any softer work around? Would taking picture of back of my phone help determine actual type of my phone? Many thanks

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Can i make a nand backup than try my luck? If things go south i can restore to where i am now. But i guess if i screw up bootloader i wont be able to even odin anymore which would require hardware flash i guess? Any softer work around? Would taking picture of back of my phone help determine actual type of my phone? Many thanks

Making a backup won't recover it if you brick it. I mean it will probably hard brick, not soft brick, which can be easily fixed most of the time. Taking a picture on the back is not a sure way to know either at times, it will say whatever they sold it as, but what model does it say? Maybe you can talk to mobiletech videos, the guys that do jtags and see if they know anything about it or if they can fix it. That's the safest way I can think of right now

guruqu

Oct 28, 2007
I would like to try my luck force flashing TMO Stock M919 rom. The worst case it hard bricks I'm going to send in for JTag repair anyways. Currently my download mode always rejects TMO stock firmware MDL and others to be flashed. Is there a work around? Best.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I would like to try my luck force flashing TMO Stock M919 rom. The worst case it hard bricks I'm going to send in for JTag repair anyways. Currently my download mode always rejects TMO stock firmware MDL and others to be flashed. Is there a work around? Best.
I would send it in instead, or at least speak with them, that way they can have an idea of what they are looking at instead of just sending a brick with no real idea what device it is

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Have you tried using another cable and usb port? This happened to me before, I was going insane, then I read about changing usb cable and used another usb port, then it worked. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't know, still seems odd to me I've never heard of MC6 firmware