[FAQ] User signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mmorpheus1

Aug 7, 2010
A Galaxy Far Far Away!!!
I have recently added a sig and have not been able to see it :(
I have made more than 10 posts so is it 10 posts from when you added your sig or 10 posts alltogether ??

Thanx :cool:

Edit : Nevermind ... It has just appeared after i made this post lol ;)

Last edited:

salfordscripteR

Jun 29, 2011
Great idea!

I was abit confused at first when i couldnt find it, but now i see why. its a great idea and i may have to consider doign this for some of my own forums :D

4WildJokers

Mar 19, 2012
Knoxville
I was going crazy trying to figure this out. The post limit thing is a great idea. Most forums on other sites are crowded with B.S. threads. This helps new members to find the information for themselves instead of just posting a question to have someone else that has already researched the issue answer the same questions 5 million ( rough estimate lol ) times.

Last edited:

letard

Apr 2, 2012
New Plymouth
Used the search function to get here.
Used search for what i really wanted and could not find it. and found out had to wait for 10 posts.
abit disappointing but good way to stop noobs.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Spam and should be dealt with. Spartan deleted every post like this when he closed the thread and now it starts again.

* iTouched Epic

This thread was supposed to be relating to discussing the sig, not spamming to be able to add one or get ten posts. I've reported the non contributory posts before. I think this thread is better served as a helpful tool for those with genuine questions, but a mod should be responding to the reports from this thread and deleting obviously spammy comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way I can add my own signature on here? I heard that it is in USER CP but the option isnt there ...:confused:

Moderator Edit - Here's the answer from svetius
    This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature
    i wonder if how does this help in stopping spam ..... anyways .... whatever you feel is good should be good someways

People / Bots were Posting generic messages, like "Thanks this is great" or in some cases, actual responses based on words in a thread. The post it's self was not spam (although pretty pointless), but the users signature would contain 3-4 links to an online company of varying levels of trustworthiness.

We used to find one or two of these bad boys a day. Because they didn't create new threads, nor did they make it obvious to the casual observer, they were getting away with it.

I have not seen one of the so called "signature spammers" since the rules were put in place.

Dave
    Thread Closed

Here's the answer from svetius

This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature

If you need further help with a user signature, please go here:

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly]How to make a good signature[Noob Friendly][GUIDE]

Thank you,

mf2112
    XDA Senior Moderator
    I had the same question...this is an excellent way to manage spam users. Good job, looking forward to delving more into this forum and getting a signature!
    I was a bit upset at not being able to have a signature. Thanks Daveshaw for explaining. Its indeed a great way to stop spammers.