BobJ Gear Silicone Cover

Search This thread

ConfuciusTse

Apr 17, 2011
BobJ Gear makes a fantastic silicone cover for many tablets including my older TF300. They are very thick and rugged while being reasonably priced. Basically it allows every tablet to be eventually designated for "kid duty". The TF300 has been tossed by my kid at least two dozen times and it survived each time thanks to the BobJ Gear. Needless to say, I HIGHLY recommend this case!

ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 (TF201T) and Pad 300 TF300 (TF300T) - BobjGear.com

The case for the TF701 has been downgraded from "We will start designing it" to "On hold" likely due to decreased sales of the tablet because of all the keyboard issues. Now I don't actually need this case yet, I plan to use the tablet for another year or two before passing it to the kids. But when that happens, I want this kid proof cover available! At this point, I don't know of any other silicone case available or even in the works for our TF701, so this may be the only option ever.

BOBj's WORKBENCH - BobjGear.com

So, if anyone else interested, please send an email to BobjGear@gmail.com and tell them to put the case for the TF701 back on their list of designs to release. Thanks!

Technojo

Oct 2, 2013
Just did. Hopefully, they will do it since there are not many "skin" cases out there. I saw the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF701T (2013) Carbon Fiber Skin Protector from Skinomi, but not sure that I want a "permanent" solution like that.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

They already answered me... ! But they probably won't make one :(

Hi Technojo,

No, did not make a case for the TF701T yet. We probably will not make one.

We want to keep everyone up to date on all our projects, so we have created our website page Bobj's Workbench, where you can see all our plans for future cases.
If we don't have what you are looking for there, then we are not working on it, and are not planning it.

We also don't post dates there, until we know when we will have a product available for you. But as soon as we are confident in a date, we post it on Bobj's Workbench for everyone to see.

Please visit Bobj's Workbench, whenever you have a question about our future product plans.

Gone_phishing

Jul 28, 2014
Fort Riley
Skinomi

Just did. Hopefully, they will do it since there are not many "skin" cases out there. I saw the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF701T (2013) Carbon Fiber Skin Protector from Skinomi, but not sure that I want a "permanent" solution like that.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

They already answered me... ! But they probably won't make one :(

I purchased the skin and screen protector. The carbon fiber has a really nice texture, and the fitting is just about perfect. It's not a complete cover though, you can see some of the original case, and the corner pieces are flimsy and require a hair drier to heat up and stick right(I'm a man) So I just cut them off. I'm not going to put my heat-gun up to a 500$ tablet!

It will protect from minor scratches from rough surfaces I imagine, but my knife cut right through it like butter, so it probably isn't meant to protect from very sharp objects. Still put it in a case though. Screen protector is of good quality though, perfect fit, however finger prints show up very visibly.