[Q] Battery problem

Search This thread

aymenseb

Jul 12, 2013
Well, have been so many months reading this forum, I had never need to post anything cuz everything was on there. Now I´m facin a problem, my Galaxy Note 1 GT-N7000 from 2 weeks battery level drops fastly, like 1% per minute, when was at +-5% the screen starts flickering. Then, this problem continued until it just didnt charge. I bought a new battery and works for 2 days, then the same problem. Did a factory reset, reinstall ROM, calibrate battery, clean caché, data... EVERYTHING for discard software issue, im using Android 4.1.2 Stock ROM with Root acces.

Firts I thought it was the battery, after getting the new one (seems to be original) and the problem continued I think about the USB mini port. Then I switched my uncles GT-N7000 battery, and his battery works fine on my phone, the only detail is that it didnt reach 100% and it was connected for hours, it just reach 92% and when reached 61% it stops for some 30 minutes. Meanwhile my Note's battery on his phone reach 100% but the charge just lasts for 90 minutes.

My questions are:

Can my phone be damaging all the batteries that get connected with it?

Can it be the USB mini port with a short circuit or may it be my motherboard?

PS: Te performance of the device is OK, smooth, fast, opens everything (camera, flash, sounds great), its just the battery level and uncharging. Its out of warranty Would thank any help or suggestions.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Your battery is old. You need to change it to new one and everything will be OK:)

He changed it already. Read the OP please.

Well, have been so many months reading this forum, I had never need to post anything cuz everything was on there. Now I´m facin a problem, my Galaxy Note 1 GT-N7000 from 2 weeks battery level drops fastly, like 1% per minute, when was at +-5% the screen starts flickering. Then, this problem continued until it just didnt charge. I bought a new battery and works for 2 days, then the same problem. Did a factory reset, reinstall ROM, calibrate battery, clean caché, data... EVERYTHING for discard software issue, im using Android 4.1.2 Stock ROM with Root acces.

Firts I thought it was the battery, after getting the new one (seems to be original) and the problem continued I think about the USB mini port. Then I switched my uncles GT-N7000 battery, and his battery works fine on my phone, the only detail is that it didnt reach 100% and it was connected for hours, it just reach 92% and when reached 61% it stops for some 30 minutes. Meanwhile my Note's battery on his phone reach 100% but the charge just lasts for 90 minutes.

My questions are:

PS: Te performance of the device is OK, smooth, fast, opens everything (camera, flash, sounds great), its just the battery level and uncharging. Its out of warranty Would thank any help or suggestions.

I suspect a hardware issue, you'll have to go to Samsung Service Centre to check it out... use Triangle Away and unroot before sending it to repair though.

Sent from the one and only Note 2 w/ AOSB
Sent from dat small country named Singapore.
Smack that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Reactions: aymenseb

FabreFaction

Oct 22, 2009
www.endoftheinternet.com
Yes a dodgy USB daughter board can damage your battery.
The daughter board manages the charge rate under the oversight of the kernel.

I have replaced the daughter board on my N7000.
See here for the full story.
There are a lot of cheap copies out there that don't work well.

The safest solution is to get it replaced at a Samsung Service Centre.
If you're under warranty, flash a stock ROM and unroot.
If you're not under warranty then just unroot.

Last edited:
Reactions: aymenseb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your battery is old. You need to change it to new one and everything will be OK:)

He changed it already. Read the OP please.

My questions are:

I suspect a hardware issue, you'll have to go to Samsung Service Centre to check it out... use Triangle Away and unroot before sending it to repair though.

Sent from the one and only Note 2 w/ AOSB
    Sent from dat small country named Singapore.
    Smack that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    Yes a dodgy USB daughter board can damage your battery.
    The daughter board manages the charge rate under the oversight of the kernel.

I have replaced the daughter board on my N7000.
    See here for the full story.
    There are a lot of cheap copies out there that don't work well.

The safest solution is to get it replaced at a Samsung Service Centre.
    If you're under warranty, flash a stock ROM and unroot.
    If you're not under warranty then just unroot.