Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.64|| 2|15

Super noob here, so I just wanna make sure I do it right, so I download, then do I need to flash all over again my rom, gapps and kernel or can I just flash kernel? and do I need to wipe or not? and after flashing what do I do next?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Oh btw I am using Luquid Rom.

Just the kernel.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MissyKoneko

Steviemac12

Jan 22, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario
Hi ptmr3,

I just came to the GN2 from the Skyrocket. Wanted to say that when reading your threads, it is relaxing to see more people than average helping each other rather than sniping at them. As for yourself, you must be a pretty calm guy by nature, you always answer people and are respectful.

Glad to be in the midst of some very creative people.

Thank you for your work and dedication.

I will be trying the ForceKernel on my phone, I am running cm10.1, and have seen nothing in the thread to suggest that is not a good idea, so... Nandroid and flash for me.

Steve

ferris2375

Aug 27, 2010

?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in your original post. Nor do I see it in your link. Are really not going to answer the question?

I've read through this thread, aside from someone asking the same question, there is 0 explanation of what the difference between your two kernel versions are.

If you won't directly answer, how about quoting exactly which section in the OP of this thread details that information. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

2|15 --
Increased USB Charge Rate
Updated To Brand New Linux 3.0.64!

2|12 --
OC 1920
Added Lazy Governor
Added Lulzactive Gov
Added Hotplug Gov
Added Adaptive Gov
Added Zen Sched
Added BFQv5 Sched
Added SIO Sched
Added V(R) Sched
Set ReadAhead to 1024
Fixed Wonky Frequencies: No Issues With 3rd Party Apps Holding Freq
Voltage Edits
MORE

Come on dude... I told you change log... You said you read it and can't figure out what's new.... Do you think one version came out twice on 2 different dates?. I am sorry if this is offensive but if you can't see how a change log works you may want to avoid flashing anything

icd-evil

Dec 8, 2010
?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in your original post. Nor do I see it in your link. Are really not going to answer the question?

I've read through this thread, aside from someone asking the same question, there is 0 explanation of what the difference between your two kernel versions are.

If you won't directly answer, how about quoting exactly which section in the OP of this thread details that information. Thanks.

I HOPE that you're trolling.

ferris2375

Aug 27, 2010

Holy **** uptight much I'm not trolling. You have two different versions listed. What exactly in the change log references the version number of your kernels?

I should assume that each change log corresponds to a particular version? I'm flashing a kernel, it would be nice to know exactly what I'm flashing.

I've done this numerous times for a few years now... I've never had to guess if that's a running change log for the kernel in general or if there is a change log that goes with a version specifically. Nothing in either change log mentions 2.3 or 4.3.

Last edited:

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

Holy **** uptight much I'm not trolling. You have two different versions listed. What exactly in the change log references the version number of your kernels?

I should assume that each change log corresponds to a particular version? I'm flashing a kernel, it would be nice to know exactly what I'm flashing.

I've done this numerous times for a few years now... I've never had to guess if that's a running change log for the kernel in general or if there is a change log that goes with a version specifically. Nothing in either change log mentions 2.3 or 4.3.

OK let's look at this with some Intelligence... 2 comes before 4???? So 2.3 would cone before 4.3????
Which would also mean since there are 2 dates listed you could use the same logic to determine what corresponds to what...

Please don't flash them... I don't want to be responsible for you not thinking before doing as obviously you don't think before posting.

Once again I apologize if this harsh or offensive, but as I teach my 4 year old, make sure you pay attention to detail and think things through before making any decisions... (Or unnecessarily post silly questions that answer themselves)

ferris2375

Aug 27, 2010

I could use logic, or I could ask and be certain before I flash a kernel to my device.

It wouldn't take much to reference the version number of the kernel with the corresponding change log. It seems far more common for guys to only post their most current updated version. Apparently you post and link all versions as you update. Having never used any of your work I wasn't aware of that.

So yeah logic could of led to an educated guess to the kernel versions but I think it's ridiculous that you made an issue answering a simple question that was asked twice... someone besides me. Again why not have a concrete answer for something like flashing a kernel? You posted two versions with links and no description of either, with version numbers not referenced any where in your post. Nice job being condescending too, can't say I'm surprised you restored to that.

Last edited:

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

I could use logic, or I could ask and be certain before I flash a kernel to my device.

It wouldn't take much to reference the version number of the kernel with the corresponding change log. It seems far more common for guys to only post their most current updated version. Apparently you post and link all versions as you update. Having never used any of your work I wasn't aware of that.

So yeah logic could of led to an educated guess to the kernel versions but I think it's ridiculous that you made an issue answering a simple question that was asked twice... someone besides me. Again why not have a concrete answer for something like flashing a kernel? You posted two versions with links and no description of either, with version numbers not referenced any where in your post. Nice job being condescending too, can't say I'm surprised you restored to that.

No issue was made, no condescension. Just simple guidance. I leave previous versions posted for those that want to tinker with older things, or like one over the other. Regardless. You asked a question. I pointed you to the answer... You asked again, I quoted your answer, you asked AGAIN and I broke it down for you... Now you are upset and being disrespectful. Please leave and do not use this kernel. Thank you

yankeesfan714

Jan 6, 2013

Is this kernel compatible with team asylum CM?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Reactions: redrider54

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro

You know, I asked before about the same thing, and got shut down the same way. What throws me off is that the time stamps on the two different versions are only minutes apart. So, other than the more recent post in which you finally explained what was going on, there was nothing to indicate which was which or whatever. The version numbers didn't correspond to their build dates, weren't mentioned in the OP or anywhere else, etc.

Frankly, it looked like you just pulled two random numbers out of your nether-regions, attached them to two arbitrary builds of your kernel, expected everyone to figure out wtf you intended, and acted like a douche when people asked for clarification. So, no, I will not be flashing your kernel any time soon - not if that's the kind of response I'm going to get for along you to clarify an obvious flaw in your version numbering "scheme."

I'd hate to imagine if I'd have asked about Bluetooth, or, God forbid, an ETA!

Good day, Sir.

Reactions: ferris2375

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

You know, I asked before about the same thing, and got shut down the same way. What throws me off is that the time stamps on the two different versions are only minutes apart. So, other than the more recent post in which you finally explained what was going on, there was nothing to indicate which was which or whatever. The version numbers didn't correspond to their build dates, weren't mentioned in the OP or anywhere else, etc.

Frankly, it looked like you just pulled two random numbers out of your nether-regions, attached them to two arbitrary builds of your kernel, expected everyone to figure out wtf you intended, and acted like a douche when people asked for clarification. So, no, I will not be flashing your kernel any time soon - not if that's the kind of response I'm going to get for along you to clarify an obvious flaw in your version numbering "scheme."

I'd hate to imagine if I'd have asked about Bluetooth, or, God forbid, an ETA!

Good day, Sir.

Whether you like my numbering "scheme" or not doesn't matter in the least to me. For a "programmer" to not be able to hit github and see what was done is your own deal. But regardless, there are two kernel versions, and there are two entries in the changelog.
Glad to hear you won't be using my work :D

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

Now that this bs has gotten nice and out of hand, I would appreciate if the off topic whining came to an end. Mods will he contacted if need be

Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warrior-Copy_zpsf4ecd29c.png

ForceKernel
    This Kernel Is Compatible with most AOSP based JB ROMS for this device-- (Not TW/Samsung Base)​

READ, READ, READ before downloading, flashing, or posting questions

Not all phones are created equal meaning some phones will not handle Overclocking or Undervolting as well as others.

Features
    Kernel Version 3.0.61
    OC to 1920
    4.7 Linaro toolchain
    Advanced Power Emulation
    Added Governors=
    -Lazy
    -Lulzactive
    -Hotplug
    -Adaptive
    Added Shedulers=
    -bfq
    -sio
    -vr
    -zen
    Default Scheduler= Cfq
    Default Governor= Pegasusq
    Default boot set to 1600
    Ramdisk Mods to support Custom Boot Animations

Github

In my GITHUB you can find my sources and code changes

Credits
    Samsung for Official Source Code
    Andreilux
    Faux123
    Cmenard
    Simone 201
    Gregkh
    Sarcastillo
    Cyanogen

Instructions
    TWRP Recovery HIGHLY Recommended!

-Download Kernel
    -Nandroid
    -Flash Kernel
    -Boot system and DO NOT TOUCH FOR 2-3 MIN

Changelog
    Code:
    6.8 2|25
    - Compatibility
    - Sound Work

5 2|25
    - bcmdhd
    - Sound Edits
    - Added Wolfson Audio (No control app yet)

2|15 --
    Increased USB Charge Rate
    Updated To Brand New Linux 3.0.64!

2|12 --
    OC 1920
    Added Lazy Governor
    Added Lulzactive Gov
    Added Hotplug Gov
    Added Adaptive Gov
    Added Zen Sched
    Added BFQv5 Sched
    Added SIO Sched
    Added V(R) Sched
    Set ReadAhead to 1024
    Fixed Wonky Frequencies: No Issues With 3rd Party Apps Holding Freq
    Voltage Edits
    MORE

HTML:
    Note To Donators!

Every donation is more than appreciated! To show my appreciation for my
     supporters, I will now begin listing every Donator in the OP as a special
     thank you. 

THANK YOU

Special Thanks To The Following Supporters Of This Kernel

Downloads

ForceKernel_6.8-- Download Here

ForceKernel_5-- Download Here

ForceKernel_4.3-- Download Here

ForceKernel_2.3-- Download Here

Now that this bs has gotten nice and out of hand, I would appreciate if the off topic whining came to an end. Mods will he contacted if need be

Have a great day

Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP>>6.8 || 1920mhz ||3.0.64|| 2|25

OK guys new plan. I will make a new kernel that is compatible with the new Mali edits. But Force kernel is much faster the way it is and will co tinue this way. If it works awesome, if it doesn't, flash my builds :)

No issue was made, no condescension. Just simple guidance. I leave previous versions posted for those that want to tinker with older things, or like one over the other. Regardless. You asked a question. I pointed you to the answer... You asked again, I quoted your answer, you asked AGAIN and I broke it down for you... Now you are upset and being disrespectful. Please leave and do not use this kernel. Thank you