Random Apps Killed.

Search This thread

Tialis

Oct 24, 2011
Hi all,

Since yesterday night my phone has been getting REALLY nasty... It basically kills apps randomly (generally apps not in the android market I think... but may be not related). I open the app, and after a few seconds the app is closed and the nasty message "XXX app was closed" (In spanish, so don't know exactly which is in english exactly).

I don't know if it is related only to cyanogen mod (I'm running CM10.2 on HTC one S. S-off) or to any kind of update on the android market or something... but the use of my cell phone is now horribly restricted.

I checked it is not related to the apps, because I deleted/reinstalled/used older versions and nothing was changed.

Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Thank you!

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
Hi all,

Since yesterday night my phone has been getting REALLY nasty... It basically kills apps randomly (generally apps not in the android market I think... but may be not related). I open the app, and after a few seconds the app is closed and the nasty message "XXX app was closed" (In spanish, so don't know exactly which is in english exactly).

I don't know if it is related only to cyanogen mod (I'm running CM10.2 on HTC one S. S-off) or to any kind of update on the android market or something... but the use of my cell phone is now horribly restricted.

I checked it is not related to the apps, because I deleted/reinstalled/used older versions and nothing was changed.

Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Thank you!

I suggest you using cm11 now is much better compared to cm10.2 and are you on kernel 3.4? cause i had it on the 3.0.8 kernel.
If you prefer cm10.2 i suggest you reinstalling the latest version available from the scratch with a clean install. This always solves issues if they are not related the the ROM itself. If the issue remains let me know i will try to help you!
Have a nice day
-phoenixita

Tialis

Oct 24, 2011
I suggest you using cm11 now is much better compared to cm10.2 and are you on kernel 3.4? cause i had it on the 3.0.8 kernel.
If you prefer cm10.2 i suggest you reinstalling the latest version available from the scratch with a clean install. This always solves issues if they are not related the the ROM itself. If the issue remains let me know i will try to help you!
Have a nice day
-phoenixita

I am always a bit reluctant to use non stable releases... as I'm not a "pro" user and I just want to have something usable...

Is it really working well CM11 on HTC One S? It's kind of cool that we can still get new versions with our "old" phone...

I re-installed CM 10.2 from scrath and the problem seems to have dissapeared... but I just cannot understand what was the problem... and It's a bother if CM users need to reinstall everything from time to time...

Thank you for your help! :)

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
I am always a bit reluctant to use non stable releases... as I'm not a "pro" user and I just want to have something usable...

Is it really working well CM11 on HTC One S? It's kind of cool that we can still get new versions with our "old" phone...

I re-installed CM 10.2 from scrath and the problem seems to have dissapeared... but I just cannot understand what was the problem... and It's a bother if CM users need to reinstall everything from time to time...

Thank you for your help! :)

CM11 is working well on One S but i've not tested it since I'm on Beanstalk 4.4 based on cm. Maybe some apps was conflicting normally clean installs are required only if you want to update your ROM.
There's no problem man :) You're welcome.

have a nice day again.
-phoenixita