[ROM][KK][4.4.4][KTU84P] DarkCM 20140620-UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

jfbs

May 24, 2012
DarkCM is a free, community built after-market firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Original Project Source

Downloads
Install at your own risk
  • Latest md5sum: 3b6c5b2e344d9b0cce77281407661faa
  • ================== Previous ==================
  • 20140509 md5sum: f6e53bba287d44b9a62ac66f5e5680d4
  • 20140411 md5sum: c76887ce394c30e36bc76a00d4332f0a
  • 20140329 md5sum: 7effd0e1355823126de1fcba2d58671c
Code:
Changelog: 
DCM 4.2
Update to Android 4.4.3_r1.1 (KTU84M)
Remove Listview and Interpolator
Rework HALO UI and drawables
Update TRDS for dialer from SlimRoms
Apps: Add blacklist interface from PA

DCM 4.1
Remove Blur (Cause Keyguard issues)
SlimPIE
Allow legacy widgets at Lockscreen
Archidroid Optimizations V3 (Compiled with Pure LINARO Toolchain)
Circle SideBar
App PEEK detection Support Like in PA Rom
Inline with CM sources

DCM 4.0
Fast Charge Tile
Music Tile
Floating windows (Halo, Long Press from Notification Bar, Long Press from SlimRecents, Long Press from Recent)
Google Recent UI
Reworked Settings Options Inline with CM
Warning Battery Low Option Like PA
Works for HOVER
Blur Lockscreen (Without Radius at the moment)
APP System Remover 
Peek Wake timeout Option (Only for Supported Devices)
Clock Font Style
Clock Color Style
Clock Options reworked
Smart Pull-Down - Any Notification
Navring last app toggle
Driving Mode
Breathing missedcall/sms/voicemail

Install Instructions
- First time flashing DCM to your Galaxy Exhibit (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Boot into existing recovery and create a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.4 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
  3. Reboot recovery into at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.4 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
  4. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache, format: data, system, and cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache, data, system, and cache.
  5. ** Optionally back-up sdcard0 before install and format it in recovery if experiencing install issues **
  6. Install the ROM (without gapps)
  7. Reboot system
  8. After system boots, boot back into recovery and install KK Google Apps.
  9. Wipe dalvik-cache and cache. Reboot.
- Upgrading from DCM, or CM11
  2. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache and format cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache and cache.
  3. Install the ROM
  4. Reboot
Known Issues
Do not use ART with latest
Do not enable KSM
Netflix isn't working with latest

Credits
arco
jocala
davidteri91
Madridii
Christopher83
AriesVE DevConnection Team
SlurmsMcKenzie's Boot Animation
TripFX, det0xx, feedmenomnom19, danny8, and skyrmion's testing feedback

kernel source

Last edited:

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
Standing in the middle of nowhere
just installed it and everything seems to be fine. Installed with twrp 2.3.6.0 wiped everything but sdcards. installed rom first did first boot, rebooted flashed pa-gapps 3-16 build you posted. works good so far and no issues that im aware of but havent tried everything yet. thanks for the nifty dark themed rom. keep up the awesome work jfbs and ill do a deep test later and report back tomorrow.

Nitro Lopez

Jun 10, 2012
Indiana
wow! i'm impressed with this rom. was a bit fishy at first, but when it got settled in its almost magical..! great job!!

danny8

The hard work you must have put into this ROM really shows. It is almost magical, as corny as that might sound.

I'm having the same external SD storage problem as I had using latest Ancora CM11 build. For example, I cannot make a Titanium Backup for any application. Det0xx informed me this is related to AOSP upstream. (I suppose one can work around this problem by using internal storage.)

I wonder, does everybody else have this same problem using external storage? I wonder if I need to do something additional, like reformat my card, flash a different kernel, or change from using TWRP 2.7 to something else.

Another comment regarding TWRP: I was going to do a clean install of this DarkCM ROM, but when I did the wipe in TWRP 2.7, I got a "failed" message for /data.

Any comment is appreciated. And all the ROM creation work is much appreciated, too.

Sent from Samsung Exhibit II using XDA Premium app. Peace!

Nitro Lopez

Jun 10, 2012
Indiana
The hard work you must have put into this ROM really shows. It is almost magical, as corny as that might sound.

I'm having the same external SD storage problem as I had using latest Ancora CM11 build. For example, I cannot make a Titanium Backup for any application. Det0xx informed me this is related to AOSP upstream. (I suppose one can work around this problem by using internal storage.)

I wonder, does everybody else have this same problem using external storage? I wonder if I need to do something additional, like reformat my card, flash a different kernel, or change from using TWRP 2.7 to something else.

Another comment regarding TWRP: I was going to do a clean install of this DarkCM ROM, but when I did the wipe in TWRP 2.7, I got a "failed" message for /data.

Any comment is appreciated. And all the ROM creation work is much appreciated, too.

Titanium Backup is also a bust for me, nothing good on it works besides being able to open up, but that's no biggie I keep backups on my laptop then just transfer them over when I flash new roms.

Reactions: danny8

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
Netflix

Has anyone tried Netflix on this ROM? I haven't flashed it yet, but I have had issues (not smooth and sometimes stalling) on the two CM11 ROMs with Netflix. Not a deal breaker, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

jfbs

May 24, 2012
@danny8 I use 2.7 to install this rom without any issues wiping cache/dalvik/system/data. I switched twrp back to using the model number, so if it happens again, will you post a log? Not sure about tibu, haven't used it for some time, but my cm11 builds from 1/31 to 3/22 were compiled with linaro. This rom and 3/26 were compiled with gcc to get ART working again which may be the culprit preventing your tibu.

edit: also, I'm able to read and modify external sd with es file explorer and haven't formatted external since Dec.

@wrusry I tried netflix today with this rom and see that playback it unstable. Switched to 3/26 and watched a movie for ~30 min. without any defects. I'll try looking into this for next build.

Last edited:

danny8

I hope you continue to develop this ROM as time permits.

I'm currently using your CM11 0402 build, and it is excellent. But the DarkCM app appearances are awesome.

Last edited:

atscntsc

Dec 13, 2012
Bangkok
@wrusry I tried netflix today with this rom and see that playback it unstable. Switched to 3/26 and watched a movie for ~30 min. without any defects. I'll try looking into this for next build.

I installed the latest build of DarkCM (20140411) and Netflix now appears to be running well after setting the Maximum CPU frequency to 1305 Mhz. :good:
Thank you jfbs for providing this ROM. It has been my daily driver for a couple of weeks now. :highfive:

Reactions: wrusry

cjbrigol

Nov 17, 2009
Troy
Damn this rom is great.

This was my mom's old phone, and since she had no use for it, I took it figuring I could find some neat stuff to do with it. I had no idea it could work so well! Thanks a lot for this.

I'm looking to turn this phone into a sort of big smartwatch/wriststrap/accessory thing. Do you guys have any ideas on where to go/start to do that? What type of apps should I download? I have google music and runkeeper and I've already used it to track my jog so I could leave my Note 2 home. Just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkCM is a free, community built after-market firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Original Project Source

Downloads
    Install at your own risk
    • Latest md5sum: 3b6c5b2e344d9b0cce77281407661faa
    • ================== Previous ==================
    • 20140509 md5sum: f6e53bba287d44b9a62ac66f5e5680d4
    • 20140411 md5sum: c76887ce394c30e36bc76a00d4332f0a
    • 20140329 md5sum: 7effd0e1355823126de1fcba2d58671c
    Code:
    Changelog: 
    DCM 4.2
    Update to Android 4.4.3_r1.1 (KTU84M)
    Remove Listview and Interpolator
    Rework HALO UI and drawables
    Update TRDS for dialer from SlimRoms
    Apps: Add blacklist interface from PA

DCM 4.1
    Remove Blur (Cause Keyguard issues)
    SlimPIE
    Allow legacy widgets at Lockscreen
    Archidroid Optimizations V3 (Compiled with Pure LINARO Toolchain)
    Circle SideBar
    App PEEK detection Support Like in PA Rom
    Inline with CM sources

DCM 4.0
    Fast Charge Tile
    Music Tile
    Floating windows (Halo, Long Press from Notification Bar, Long Press from SlimRecents, Long Press from Recent)
    Google Recent UI
    Reworked Settings Options Inline with CM
    Warning Battery Low Option Like PA
    Works for HOVER
    Blur Lockscreen (Without Radius at the moment)
    APP System Remover 
    Peek Wake timeout Option (Only for Supported Devices)
    Clock Font Style
    Clock Color Style
    Clock Options reworked
    Smart Pull-Down - Any Notification
    Navring last app toggle
    Driving Mode
    Breathing missedcall/sms/voicemail

Install Instructions
    - First time flashing DCM to your Galaxy Exhibit (or coming from another ROM)?
    2. Install at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.4 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
    3. Reboot recovery into at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.4 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
    4. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache, format: data, system, and cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache, data, system, and cache.
    5. ** Optionally back-up sdcard0 before install and format it in recovery if experiencing install issues **
    6. Install the ROM (without gapps)
    7. Reboot system
    8. After system boots, boot back into recovery and install KK Google Apps.
    9. Wipe dalvik-cache and cache. Reboot.
    - Upgrading from DCM, or CM11
    2. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache and format cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache and cache.
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Reboot
    Known Issues
    Do not use ART with latest
    Do not enable KSM
    Netflix isn't working with latest

Credits
    arco
    jocala
    davidteri91
    Madridii
    Christopher83
    AriesVE DevConnection Team
    SlurmsMcKenzie's Boot Animation
    TripFX, det0xx, feedmenomnom19, danny8, and skyrmion's testing feedback

kernel source
    4.4.4 ready to compile

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 utilizzando Tapatalk
    :) Great to see this rom here
    I'll be glad to show my support, but I don't know where I should hit thanks. I certainly appreciate all the stuff you have done. I suppose I'd better get on it and download the files before they're gone.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using xda premium

Break his meter here for a start. Leechers gonna leech, so i'll leave remote stuff.
    I'll try being as fair as possible one last time with this group. Asked you guys to thank davidteri for his time and effort. It appears only one person took the initiative to press a button. Building one last version before removing local sources. If you'd like to try the latest with 4.4.3, then show your support. Otherwise, enjoy the silence.