[Q] How to root Galaxy note 2 N7100XXUENA3?

Search This thread

Cypher_SGN2

Apr 25, 2014
Hello, I've tried to root my phone by various method available but in vain.. :(
After I did it with CF root and Odin, I got security message on the phone when trying to open superSU (unrespond close).
Also, when verify the root access through rood checker, it says wasn't root properly..

Please help..anyone able to do it?
I've already increase my binary count to 2 and knox to 1. :/

See my phone details attached..

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-11-12-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-11-12-54.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 98

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
Hello, I've tried to root my phone by various method available but in vain.. :(
After I did it with CF root and Odin, I got security message on the phone when trying to open superSU (unrespond close).
Also, when verify the root access through rood checker, it says wasn't root properly..

Please help..anyone able to do it?
I've already increase my binary count to 2 and knox to 1. :/

See my phone details attached..

Thanks
As far as it goes I think after rooting it with CFroot you should update the SuperSU from the Playstore.

Cypher_SGN2

Apr 25, 2014
Fail to intall DN3

As far as it goes I think after rooting it with CFroot you should update the SuperSU from the Playstore.

Hello, I was trying to update my note 2 with DN3 kitkat rom today.. But didn't work! :/

I rooted the phone. I got correct root access.
Then followed the instruction to flash the ROM.
After reboot, I could hear the welcome sound(new) and saw the samsung animated logo..then it stuck there. I waited for some 15mins, but nothing happened, only the animated samsung logo.

I saw an issue in TWRP.. saying there was a problem with permission. I don't know what was it. I tried to fix permission, but it failed. o_O

After nothing worked, now I am in the process of recovery from kies. :(

Perhaps I didn't have the right step by step guide; from rooting the phone to flashing it. :/

If someone could please help, would be great!.. I really want to flash my phone for the DN3 custom rom.

Thanks.

madman_cro

May 14, 2009
Why do you need to root when flashing custom rom? It is already prerooted. You only need recovery.

Cypher_SGN2

Apr 25, 2014
Why do you need to root when flashing custom rom? It is already prerooted. You only need recovery.

As per rooting instruction, it is mentioned that the device must be rooted before flashing a custom rom from stock rom. o_O
While installing the recovery the device is rooted or another way that I tried was to root by CFroot first, which was successfully done then I got the super user access to install a recovery like TWRP,,

nikhilsnigam

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai
As per rooting instruction, it is mentioned that the device must be rooted before flashing a custom rom from stock rom. o_O
While installing the recovery the device is rooted or another way that I tried was to root by CFroot first, which was successfully done then I got the super user access to install a recovery like TWRP,,

+1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

optimusPRIME

Oct 3, 2011
Pune
WWW.Google.com
As far as i know for latest 4.4.2 stock roms,

Try to flash philz advance recovery(md5.tar) through odin & then flash su.zip from recovery.

Done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app