Unrooted CM10 for 6 year old kid?

Search This thread

rfrayer

May 5, 2012
Is it possible to unroot my nook hd+ and still keep cm10? I'm wanting to give the device to my step son but I can see him royally fubaring a rooted tablet and I would hate to stick him with stock firmware.

pumpjack

Dec 30, 2013
Eagle Pass
To root or not to root...that is the question.

Is it possible to unroot my nook hd+ and still keep cm10? I'm wanting to give the device to my step son but I can see him royally fubaring a rooted tablet and I would hate to stick him with stock firmware.

The short answer is no. :( The long answer is yes, :) - if you dual boot it using the SD card install of CM10, and then just take the chip out to prevent CM10 from booting. There is no way I know of to have a dual boot in EMMC and you probably wouldn't want to do that if you could. It has to be either or, realistically.

My son (11) has a Nook HD and he is still on the Nook OS, even though he is trying to convince me to root and install android so he has access to more games. I won't do it because he has enough games available through B&N and Google Play to last him for a long time. And we are able to better control his use if he is using stock.

If you want to restore to stock, there are plenty of methods in the forums for doing so.

Good luck!