[Solved] Sprint GS4 Stock SecPhone.apk Needed PLEASE!

Search This thread

0Gravity

Jan 6, 2009
Hi All,
I REALLY screwed up and need some help....I have a stock rooted Sprint GS4 running 4.3 MK5, and I was out looking for a mod to allow incall recording, I followed a link on here that said it had a fix for this and it worked on the Sprint version of my phone, so I did a Full Titanium Backup thinking that would restore my phone if I had any problems, but it has been a while since I have played around with roms and mods and forgot about doing a Nandroid Backup....anyway... the file I flashed was supposed to replace my SecPhone.apk with a modded one that Increases call volume and allows for call recording....so I flashed it, but when I rebooted I know get an error that reads "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." with an "OK" button, when I hit the ok my whole system is very slow and unstable or just plain non responsive!
So I am looking for a fix, maybe someone has the stock sprint version of that SecPhone.apk that I can put back on my phone? Or the link to a modded APK that will give me what I was looking for to begin with?
At this point my phone is totally unusable so hopefully I can come up with a fix soon!
Or does anyone have a link to a stock 4.3 MK5 rom I can flash back on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
Mike

Last edited:

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Hi All,
I REALLY screwed up and need some help....I have a stock rooted Sprint GS4 running 4.3 MK5, and I was out looking for a mod to allow incall recording, I followed a link on here that said it had a fix for this and it worked on the Sprint version of my phone, so I did a Full Titanium Backup thinking that would restore my phone if I had any problems, but it has been a while since I have played around with roms and mods and forgot about doing a Nandroid Backup....anyway... the file I flashed was supposed to replace my SecPhone.apk with a modded one that Increases call volume and allows for call recording....so I flashed it, but when I rebooted I know get an error that reads "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." with an "OK" button, when I hit the ok my whole system is very slow and unstable or just plain non responsive!
So I am looking for a fix, maybe someone has the stock sprint version of that SecPhone.apk that I can put back on my phone? Or the link to a modded APK that will give me what I was looking for to begin with?
At this point my phone is totally unusable so hopefully I can come up with a fix soon!

Mike

Download a flashable zip file for a stock ROM for your device and pull it from there. That is the simplest and fastest way to get it bro. Another option is to use Moblile Odin to flash a stock tar, without wiping data and cache. I do it whenever I encounter a problem and it works fine.

Reactions: 0Gravity

0Gravity

Jan 6, 2009
Download a flashable zip file for a stock ROM for your device and pull it from there. That is the simplest and fastest way to get it bro. Another option is to use Moblile Odin to flash a stock tar, without wiping data and cache. I do it whenever I encounter a problem and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply...Can you point me in the right direction as to where to find a stock Sprint 4.3 MK5 rom...I have been looking and searching for a while now and am coming up empty.

0Gravity

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for all the Help guys....I flashed the Tar file this morning and all is well....I was surprised to see all my programs and setting still intact (except for root of course)....Now to just find a working solution for the Call recording and Hotspot....worse case I will just flash the TriForce Rom but I wanted to keep it primarily stock for now until I get used to the new phone.

MANY Thanks Again!
Mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep, I also found it at SamMobile, downloading it now.... One question, when I load this tar file is it going to break my root? If so I will just have to root it again correct?

Yes and yes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Hi All,

Mike

Thanks for the reply...Can you point me in the right direction as to where to find a stock Sprint 4.3 MK5 rom...I have been looking and searching for a while now and am coming up empty.

SamMobile.com for the .tar file. You can find your MK5 somewhere here on XDA. I'm sure of that.
    Thanks I'll take a look for the tar file, because I'm having 0 luck finding anything here.

I didn't spend much time looking for it here but I found it at SamMobile. Check SPH-L720T for your model number.