[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 Gone Gold Please See Final Thread

Search This thread

coolj478

Oct 17, 2010
What is the vanilla framework addon? Do I need to install that before installing the 10 percent baytery theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Edited for spelling

SonicMetal15

Nov 5, 2010
Google Servers Down?

After upgrading to the final release, I can't connect to the Google servers when adding my account...Anyone else having this problem?

lordloki77

Oct 11, 2010
hey Ang, when you say it is overclocked out of the box, is it relying on the overclock.ko stuff? (in other words, if i want to return it to non-overclocked, or O/C it differently, can i still use the droidx/2 overclock by jrummy?). my guess is yes, but figured i'd ask.

broken42

Nov 7, 2010
West Lafayette, IN
I don't believe that it means it comes stock overclocked, my Droid X/2 OC still shows the clock scaling settings is still set to stock for the device
CAP201011130223.jpg

I think what they mean by that is that there is a script you can run that comes installed with the ROM to overclock.

zehkaiser

Sep 13, 2010
My phone died going from RC3 to Gold. Force closes on gapps, the framework, and lots of apps. I did a format of cache and data before the upgrade. Should I SBF and then install? I used a nandroid to go back to RC2.

lordloki77

Oct 11, 2010
I don't believe that it means it comes stock overclocked, my Droid X/2 OC still shows the clock scaling settings is still set to stock for the device
CAP201011130223.jpg

I think what they mean by that is that there is a script you can run that comes installed with the ROM to overclock.

yeah, i believe you are right, i just wanted to confirm.

on an unrelated note, after moving up to 2.1final, i seem to be having major rebooting issues... i'll diagnose and report back. (and these arent the fun quasi-reboots that don't go all the way back to M. these are full kernel panic.)

i am tentatively wondering if it is my clock state with droid x/2 -- ULV 1.1 on boot (never had a problem with it before) -- i need to go to bed for now. im going to change the clock state for now and see if it helps.

anyone else want to try 2.1final with 1.1 ULV? let me know how it goes? (might not want to do it on boot)

Last edited:
A

Angdroid

The build.prop was left default so the system version shows verizon. You guys can modify how you like. I believe it was the cause of some bugs.

The ROM is ready to OC out of the box. You an use recovery to flash the pre-made oc files from the fisson/addon floder or you can open up terminal and type overclock.

The stock framework is the 10% increments without the numbers. If you want numbers you can flash the framework file from the add on folder.

Decided not to go with 2.2.1 yet. I want to work with it some more and see what new features can be brought over to Vanilla Fission.

Myself and the team are taking the weekend off and we will have more info on Monday.

lordloki77

Oct 11, 2010
so something funky must have happened when i upgraded to 2.1 final. my phone is uncontrollably rebooting now, and a nandroid back to a previous state didn't help. time for an sbf, let's hope it works.

imronburgundy

Dec 31, 2008
That's strange. No rebooting here. All I did was nandroid back to 2.2 before flashing this rom. Strange though.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

TWong1200

Nov 13, 2010
It's running great for me so far. Anyone running themes on this yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk