CyanogenMod + Wii Controller IME works!

Search This thread

ronii1123

Jun 30, 2010
Massachusetts and stuff
I just wanted to inform those who did not know or test this, but CyanogenMod 6.1 works with Wii Controller IME. I just finished playing Kirby on Gameboid. :p

My apologies if anyone has recently posted about this, I just got over excited and wanted to share.

You Need:
CM 6.1
Wii Controller IME
Wii Controller
Happiness and a child within you to play the classics

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950721 Video of me using it somewhere in this post.... The first post to be exact since I started that thread to... lol

Last edited:

jwood55812

Jul 19, 2010
Duluth
Nice! Hopefully, and presumably this will work with CM7 whenever it comes out because it uses a different Bluetooth stack?

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
Ok... so now I will have to play with porting the cm bt stack to cog.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Ok... so now I will have to play with porting the cm bt stack to cog.

dg messed with bluetooth stacks a while back and every time reverted back to the samsung stack.

cyanogen is good but as far as i can tell has problems on galaxy s phones. cm7 should be better and i believe there is a port out there somewhere of a cm7 beta

dagreek05

Aug 14, 2010
The steps to installing that port are ridiculous though, will wait till they have a stable version out.........probably 2012, yeah i can complain.......i know its not easy and they arent being paid........just takin so long because no one wants to do it....and i dont blame them lol. Still someone should post a video about being able to use Wiimote with Cyanogen on Cappy.........will probably be featured on android central or Engadget........its big news since there isn't:p a video showing it off at all

ronii1123

Jun 30, 2010
Massachusetts and stuff
Hmm

The steps for me are as follows:

Flash to stock

Flash reoriented kernel 3.5

Flash CM 6.1 BETA 3

if rebooting occurs then reflash the kernel

then all is well :)

And would you guys like me to upload a video of it working?

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
The steps for me are as follows:

Flash to stock

Flash reoriented kernel 3.5

Flash CM 6.1 BETA 3

if rebooting occurs then reflash the kernel

then all is well :)

And would you guys like me to upload a video of it working?

a video would be great...
it may re-spark some interest in getting this to work for other roms.