Free pen with Best Buy's Reward Zone

Search This thread

kcchen

Mar 7, 2005
Nice find. Wish they made this more widely known. Now to find my original receipt... Or maybe just cash in on a backup pen.

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Soooo if I took my receipt up there along with this coupon, could I get my money back but still keep the pen?

Blu3Fr0g

Gumby, they should honor that considering Best Buy's Customer service policies and the rewards card is their card. I had to go round and round with Sprint and it was a nightmare to get my Flyer activated because I am on a grandfathered phone plan and while it shouldnt effect the upgrade it did. When all was said and done, as an existing Data Plan customer I was not elligible for a free pen, so the store manager said if I bought two accessories, the dock and the pen, he would discount them 25% and then credit me the remaining amount I paid for the pen.

trees812

Oct 5, 2010
I think it's worth a try, although technically it says not valid for previous purchases on it. If it doesn't work, most stores should still allow you to use a coupon for a recent purchase with receipt. Just return the pen and re-purchase, since the pen should fall under the 30 day return policy.

I found this coupon RIGHT after I placed the order for the Flyer and the pen for a store pickup after work. Will have to go in and talk them into applying this coupon for me as well.

gotmilk702

Jun 28, 2011
Las Vegas
Gumby, they should honor that considering Best Buy's Customer service policies and the rewards card is their card. I had to go round and round with Sprint and it was a nightmare to get my Flyer activated because I am on a grandfathered phone plan and while it shouldnt effect the upgrade it did. When all was said and done, as an existing Data Plan customer I was not elligible for a free pen, so the store manager said if I bought two accessories, the dock and the pen, he would discount them 25% and then credit me the remaining amount I paid for the pen.
Are you talking about the Flyer or View? Does the US version of the Flyer have the SIM card slot? If you activated it with GSM, what kind of subsidy are they offering? I just purchased the Evo View, but I'd consider the Flyer instead depending on the GSM subsidies, I just didn't really know that thing had a SIM card slot.

dstrauss

Feb 17, 2006
Best Buy is being horsey about this one. Not only did they point out the "Not valid on previous purchase." but when I pointed out I would just bring back my pen and rebuy, they nearly laughed as they pointed out the preceeding sentence: "Items must be purchased on the same receipt." So unless you could bring back both the Flyer and Scribe, you lose. Way to go Worst Buy...

gotmilk702

Jun 28, 2011
Las Vegas
Just found that there is a coupon for a free Scribe pen with the HTC Flyer purchase at Best Buy. Log in to your Reward Zone home and the coupon is available for print on the front page. It ends July 2, so only couple more days. Says it only works in stores. Enjoy!

No log in is required to print:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/offersandpromotions/coupon/0900a76f800309de

Hmmm this is good to know; one reason I went with Sprint and Evo View was for the free pen. Does this thing have a SIM card slot? Even though I have Sprint, I'd almost rather have the Flyer with a pay-as-you-go SIM card for emergencies than a service plan with Sprint.

trees812

Oct 5, 2010
Hmmm this is good to know; one reason I went with Sprint and Evo View was for the free pen. Does this thing have a SIM card slot? Even though I have Sprint, I'd almost rather have the Flyer with a pay-as-you-go SIM card for emergencies than a service plan with Sprint.

Unfortunately, the Flyer only has a SD card slot under the removeable cover where the camera is. Unless the bottom piece is also removeable, has anyone tried it?

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Best Buy is being horsey about this one. Not only did they point out the "Not valid on previous purchase." but when I pointed out I would just bring back my pen and rebuy, they nearly laughed as they pointed out the preceeding sentence: "Items must be purchased on the same receipt." So unless you could bring back both the Flyer and Scribe, you lose. Way to go Worst Buy...

They were a PITA with me on this as well. Luckily I was within my 14 day return window. Nothing to stop you from returning both and re-buying them right back with the coupon.

chAz15

Nov 30, 2007
CHI-TOWN
Thank you very much! Within my 14 days, walked in tonight and got my $80 back! Woohoo...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

dj3102

May 13, 2010
My Best Buy let me have the pen three weeks after I had the flyer. Guess its the employee/manager you get. Thanks for the heads-up on this one.

trees812

Oct 5, 2010
Just hit the thanks button :D

The coupon expires today (7/2). It should still work, but now it asks for login, so you might have to login to rewardzpne to print it.

johnchad14

May 1, 2010
Sure, though it did expire yesterday. Not sure if you'll be able to talk your way past that. I totally decided to wait for a 10" HTC tablet. Then of course went out last night and bought a flyer, wups!

Top Liked Posts