Dual SIM standby for the Samsung Galaxy S2

Search This thread

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
Hey guys,

I mentioned this on another thread but thought it deserved it's own...

So I have a dual sim adapter for sim switching on my galaxy s2 which im happy with but noticed a new product I'd not seen before called Gmate which seems to let you have 2 sims actually active on your phone at the same time.

I emailed the website to see if it was compatible with the Galaxy S2 and they confirmed it was...Obviously this got me excited so I've ordered one!

This is the item and company I've ordered it from...

http://www.magic-sim.com/product-details.php?Product=13

I only ordered it today so can't confirm if it does what it claims to do yet but as soon as it arrives I'll give it a whirl and report back. Hopefully it's going to be as good as it looks! :)

alijanismayilov

Sep 10, 2010
Aberdeen
Hey guys,

So I have a dual sim adapter for sim switching on my galaxy s2 which im happy with but noticed a new product I'd not seen before called Gmate which seems to let you have 2 sims actually active on your phone at the same time.

I emailed the website to see if it was compatible with the Galaxy S2 and they confirmed it was...Obviously this got me excited so I've ordered one!

I only ordered it today so can't confirm if it does what it claims to do yet but as soon as it arrives I'll give it a whirl and report back. Hopefully it's going to be as good as it looks! :)

Thanks for info. It would be nice if you would give us a feedback as soon as it will be with you.

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
Right so this has been an unbelievable service...

Ordered yesterday and the MAGICSIM Gmate arrived this morning. Took all of 5 mins to install and it's an incredible device. So so impressed.

It's well built and easy to use and best of all I have 2 sim cards active on my galaxy s2 now.

I can confirm that both sims can receive and make calls, SMS and browse the web.

Couldn't recommend the product or the service highly enough.

Hope this info helps guys!

manmad

Apr 30, 2011
Alken
Right so this has been an unbelievable service...

Ordered yesterday and the MAGICSIM Gmate arrived this morning. Took all of 5 mins to install and it's an incredible device. So so impressed.

It's well built and easy to use and best of all I have 2 sim cards active on my galaxy s2 now.

I can confirm that both sims can receive and make calls, SMS and browse the web.

Couldn't recommend the product or the service highly enough.

Hope this info helps guys!

Awsome! Could you make some pictures of it? I dont think i really understand what it is...

It is a 2nd device that enables your phone to have 2 sims active at same time?

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
Yea that's exactly what it is. Both sims are now active.

Yea I can take some pics later. Any specific picture requests?

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
You charge it off a USB cable to your computer. Well I can't say for definate how long it lasts as I've not ran it dead yet but according to the manual it lasts around the same time as my Samsung battery.

aeron16

Jan 16, 2006
I am also keen on ordering! However, I usually use my sgs 2 with either a Bluetooth headset or my Metawatch / Bluetooth watch.

Can you try using it simultaneously with a Bluetooth headset?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
I was driving my car yesterday using a Bluetooth headset alongside the Gmate and it worked well. Didn't find any issues or problems with it.

Hope that helps!

aeron16

Jan 16, 2006
Thanks! That's great! Looks like I should order one too! :) cheers pal!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
No problem... I've been on the quest for a product like this for a long time so I understand the need to make sure it's what you're after!

Decreate

Apr 3, 2009
I've recently started to use the gmate as well; however I find that it would just suddenly disconnect from time to time. To get it reconnected I would normally have to switch off my bluetooth and than swith it back on again...:confused:

cicciobellomo

Oct 12, 2005
Varzi
I bought a MagicSim 3g dual sim and this is my experience:
- After installation i had no problem. It worked like a charm in STK mode and in 007 mode
- With original samsung battery, there is no way to close properly the phone cover, using a battery replacement, a little bit slimmer, the cover close properly after some efforts.
- After some days (3 days) MagicSim stops working, maybe due to some battery changing. Maybe I damaged the mailard.

I will not buy it again

Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I bought a MagicSim 3g dual sim and this is my experience:
- After installation i had no problem. It worked like a charm in STK mode and in 007 mode
- With original samsung battery, there is no way to close properly the phone cover, using a battery replacement, a little bit slimmer, the cover close properly after some efforts.
- After some days (3 days) MagicSim stops working, maybe due to some battery changing. Maybe I damaged the mailard.

I will not buy it again

Cheers

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
Had one before I got the Gmate and only had good experiences with it so I can't share your woes. Was a useful little device for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Not had any issues here, and yes you can use a headset at the same time