Going down hill.........Now we movin up!..

Search This thread

immor2al

Jan 20, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood
Seems like the Dev support for this phone is going downhill fast, I was wondering if anybody new where to find the link for romracers 0.3 kernel could be found?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Last edited:
N

nrm5110

This is all I got

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332293224045.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332293224045.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 400

immor2al

Jan 20, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood
That's the response I expectected...but thanks for pointing to the 0.1 kernel! The 0.3 kernel (now called rom racers kernel was there) everyone is not a noob just cause they have a valid question...I've had this phone since the week it came out in November, I've rooted devices from a Nook Color to a Super Pad, and all those in-between. I actually exchanged my 4S for a skyrocket..(best thing I ever did) Ive flashed every rom and tweak for this device. I just get sick of idiots trying to make ppl look stupid for asking a valid question on these forums..:beer:

aaronv89

Jan 13, 2011
i would have to agree with you. i haven't had the phone for nearly as long as you have but from browsing around xda (specifically gs2 and here) i have to notice that by comparison development is much slower in this section.

disclaimer: this is by far not a complaint, just an observation. i love the development that IS currently taking place and am very appreciative of it.

N

nrm5110

What about search lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332294100776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332294100776.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 364

toyfj2k7

Feb 8, 2012
Ashland City
I think dev work is kinda slow on alot of phones right now. I know it has slowed down on my nexus s because a lot of them are waiting for the new sources of ICS to be released. A lot of the developers are doing great work. I think once ICS rolls out it will take off. IMHO.

Reactions: GeezyF.Ladies
N

nrm5110

I think dev work is kinda slow on alot of phones right now. I know it has slowed down on my nexus s because a lot of them are waiting for the new sources of ICS to be released. A lot of the developers are doing great work. I think once ICS rolls out it will take off. IMHO.

This is true nobody wants to support a large project on gb when ics is getting closer

immor2al

Jan 20, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood
Oh no! If I was misunderstood I apologize...I was not complaining at all...I know the hard work that goes into such things..I was merely expressing my feelings for a great device that is overlooked in most ways!

N

nrm5110

Oh no! If I was misunderstood I apologize...I was not complaining at all...I know the hard work that goes into such things..I was merely expressing my feelings for a great device that is overlooked in most ways!

EDIT: wasn't trying to troll you to hard bro but it was so open

Overlooked no its just hard to support a device if people don't own it the allure isn't there cuz lte isn't widespread so most have the gs2 and cm only has one Guy with one and its a work device for him

Last edited:

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
That's the response I expectected...but thanks for pointing to the 0.1 kernel! The 0.3 kernel (now called rom racers kernel was there) everyone is not a noob just cause they have a valid question...I've had this phone since the week it came out in November, I've rooted devices from a Nook Color to a Super Pad, and all those in-between. I actually exchanged my 4S for a skyrocket..(best thing I ever did) Ive flashed every rom and tweak for this device. I just get sick of idiots trying to make ppl look stupid for asking a valid question on these forums..:beer:

I do apologise. Kinda sounded like you were ranting on our devz. But now I'm confused about what kernal your looking for? Maybe I've missed something. Sorry again.

billownz

Dec 15, 2010
I wouldn't say activity is slowing. Although new releases are fewer now, there is plenty happening as far as cooperation and collaboration is concerned.

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
I feel pretty good about what we have now. ICS will come eventually, who knows when exactly but it will come. I have two other android phones and a tablet that all run ICS very smoothly. But I still choose this gingerbread runnin beast everyday over all the others. In my humble opinion, there will definitely be some frowning faces on the day ICS is officially released for our device.

aaronv89

Jan 13, 2011
Honestly its all just hype. ICS will come out and within 6 months we will be jumping to the next firmware. I think the community should put more focus on fully customizing and enjoying the capabilities of gingerbread. I really don't think we will be satisfied otherwise. That's why devs get turned off to making ROMs. They make something awesome and we use it for a week and then want more. So much greed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but......your kidding right? And the link for the kernal you want is in the op of the kernals thread in dev section

Very true, hopefully the best is yet to come...All this ICS madness is driving me nuts...but hence the fun in it as well!

Honestly its all just hype. ICS will come out and within 6 months we will be jumping to the next firmware. I think the community should put more focus on fully customizing and enjoying the capabilities of gingerbread. I really don't think we will be satisfied otherwise. That's why devs get turned off to making ROMs. They make something awesome and we use it for a week and then want more. So much greed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

I agree, I am enjoying my skyrocket to the fullest on nexusmod4.

its because everyone wants ICS.. and ppl are tired of the same old