[Q] HTC Magic radio and SPL change

Search This thread

Dabar23

May 4, 2012
Belgrade
Hi guys. I need some help with my HTC Magic.
I have Magic 32A, (now) with radio 3.22.
I have rooted phone, and installed CyanogenMod, but I am not satisfied. I want to return to stock rom with HTC Sense.

The thing is, I had radio 6.35 but had to flash to 3.22 because of cyanogen mod.
Can I flash it back to 6.35 and put some newer stock rom for HTC Magic? Can flashing back to 6.35 cause some troubles?

Thanks for your time and answers

onemanshow85

Apr 25, 2012
The Hague
if the radio is the only thing you needed to change for CM then u can flash it back to 6.35. wipe your CM ofc cause according to your story it's not compatible with radio 6.35.

first determine the type of ROM you want, and then find out what version SPL and radio it requires.
superwipe your CM ROM and then flash your SPL and/or radio to meet your new ROM's requirements. Then flash your new ROM.

Reactions: Dabar23

5[Strogino]

Sep 23, 2009
Moscow
If you have hboot 1.33.2010 ENG S-OFF now, you can simply change to [new radio] combo and back too.
Use Fastboot Commander to do that. It has option to change by batch (hboot, radio, custom recovery), so you can do it safe and quickly.

Fastboot Commander: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824435

Note: only for Magic 32A (users with MT3G v1.2 with 3.5" audiojack - DON'T flash 6.35 combo)

Reactions: Dabar23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if the radio is the only thing you needed to change for CM then u can flash it back to 6.35. wipe your CM ofc cause according to your story it's not compatible with radio 6.35.

first determine the type of ROM you want, and then find out what version SPL and radio it requires.
    superwipe your CM ROM and then flash your SPL and/or radio to meet your new ROM's requirements. Then flash your new ROM.
    If you have hboot 1.33.2010 ENG S-OFF now, you can simply change to [new radio] combo and back too.
    Use Fastboot Commander to do that. It has option to change by batch (hboot, radio, custom recovery), so you can do it safe and quickly.

Fastboot Commander: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824435

Note: only for Magic 32A (users with MT3G v1.2 with 3.5" audiojack - DON'T flash 6.35 combo)