Two Random Flip Cases with Magnets on Ebay [Review]

Search This thread

PuppetSin

May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
Just bought these two Flip Cases to try out:

Black Leather Rotating Stand Flip Case
$T2eC16Z,!ygE9s7HJ-ZiBQ)(8CyeEw~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leather-Rotating-Stand-Flip-Case-Cover-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-II-N7100-/190768597692?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c6ab1cabc&_uhb=1

My Review:

Contents: Plastic Case box; Flip Case; x1 included Screen Protector

Build Quality: Synthetic leather, flexible with a nice texture feel to it. The magnet on the flap is nice due to it's length it stays in position when you close the case. There is a hard shell casing for the phone that you would just slide the GN2 right in. The screen protector on the other hand is a simple cheap build quality item I would suggest something better, it however covers about 90% of the surface and leave's a few centimeters of spacing at the edges.
The padding itself in the inside feel's cheap it can get dirty; it uses the same type of cloth as you would find in a glasses case.
3.5/5

Fit: Nice a slim fit, if you stacked two credits cards on each other that's the thickness around the case. Phone fits nice not bulky it just fits very well. Slides in a pocket with ease and stay's put and easy to take out.
5/5

S-Pen Access: Very hard to take out unless you have nails, if you don't use the S-Pen often this won't be much of an issue.
2.5/5

Protection: Good overall protection, on the negative side the top and bottom edges of the phone is exposed however the hard casing that fits the phone provides protection at the corners. The magnet also stays in place due to it's length it doesn't pop the phone case open so easily in my pocket (it fits in my pocket as well) and stays put.
3/5

Overall Opinion: This case is quite nice for it's price tag $9;
4/5

------------------

Black Dolce Matrix Pouch Case Cover Stand
$T2eC16VHJG8E9nyfnfK3BQmtMQYPKg~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-DOLCE-MATRIX-POUCH-CASE-COVER-STAND-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-NOTE-2-N7100-ACCESSORY-/330825025753?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4d06b548d9&_uhb=1

Contents: Plastic Wrapped Case; Flip Case

Build Quality: Hard plastic casing, interior has a silky texture for protection from scratches to the screen. The front cover & flap is a little flimsy and hard to align to the magnet to close the case. Magnet is not too strong but wish it would be bigger for more accurate magnetic case closing like the Black Leather case above.
2/5

Fit: Very slim fit to the phone and barely add's much thickness. Front cover sticks out a bit when closed at the magnet end. Having the phone in stand formation the grip on the sily interior holds the phone up by friction.
4/5

S-Pen Access: Very hard to take out unless you have nails, if you don't use the S-Pen often this won't be much of an issue.
2.5/5

Protection: Decent protection, unlike the Black Leather casing there is more cover area for the bumper's on the top and bottom of the phone. Front cover easily opens due to weak magnet so it won't do too well for a fall. This case is more for scratch protection while storing away via pocket/bag.
2.5/5

Overall Opinion: For $14.95 it's not worth it at that price point, the Black Leather at $8.95 has a much better build. However if your looking for a simple case to protect the screen during storage this would be for you.
2.5/5
------------------

They should be coming in by the end of the week I'll be posting a review about these once I try them out! :cowboy:

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
First one looks like original Note, although their title says Note 2. I would double check with a seller to be sure its not a typo.

rwa66

Aug 5, 2007
Caketown
I confirmed with the seller that it is indeed for the Note 2, but I will know for sure once I get my hands on em :cool:
It looks like I have the second one but without the fancy print. I like the case very much. It's good protection without adding a lot of bulk.
One drawback though, it is very difficult to get the pen out of the Note while using this case. But I don't use the pen anyway so for me it is not a big problem.

Reactions: PuppetSin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I confirmed with the seller that it is indeed for the Note 2, but I will know for sure once I get my hands on em :cool:
    It looks like I have the second one but without the fancy print. I like the case very much. It's good protection without adding a lot of bulk.
    One drawback though, it is very difficult to get the pen out of the Note while using this case. But I don't use the pen anyway so for me it is not a big problem.