[BOOT & DOWN ANIMATIONS(EVEN SOUND)][TeamDART] For ONE X (Taking requests)[118 today]

Search This thread

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Re: [BOOT & DOWN ANIMATIONS(EVEN SOUND)][TeamDART] For ONE X (Taking requests)[118 to

The zips are all meant to be flashed from a pc it looks like. They are going to the correct folder if your on a sense Rom, but the file name of the animation is "spc_bootanimation.zip" and it needs to be "bootanimation.zip". Looks like a batch file being used from the evo Lte. So, best thing to do with these is.

Download
Extract contents
Go into the extracted /animations dir.
Find spc_bootanimation.zip
Rename to bootanimation.zip

Sense roms- copy bootanimation.zip to
/system/customize/resource/

Aosp roms- to /system/media/

****or you can use adb to push files****

Delete or overwrite original bootanimation, or rename to bootanimation.zip.bak if u want to save it

Reboot

Edit-

They are pc batch files, and can't be flashed thru recovery, except the ones posted throughout the thread that say recovery flashed. I apologize for mis-information, so, only time they need a manual install is with aosp roms or if you don't have a pc near to run the batch file.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Thought you guys might find 18th's post helpful to find where the animations go

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thought you guys might find 18th's post helpful to find where the animations go

Thanks, I forgot he had posted that. :p

Look like the location is the same but the names may have changed. I found the following in there:

hTC_bootup_one.zip
hTC_downanimation.zip

Adding .bak to each and renaming my preferred animations did not work. Not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:
Reactions: InflatedTitan

inphamous36

Aug 8, 2012
Baltimore
Re: [BOOT & DOWN ANIMATIONS(EVEN SOUND)][TeamDART] For ONE X (Taking requests)[118 to

Thanks, I forgot he had posted that. :p

Look like the location is the same but the names may have changed. I found the following in there:

hTC_bootup_one.zip
hTC_downanimation.zip

Adding .bak to each and renaming my preferred animations did not work. Not sure what the problem is.

Are you in sense?

Ones for sense are just bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip boot sound is htc_boot.mp3

I move them out of /system and into a backup folder on my sdcard. After you put them in don't forget to change permissions.

Sent from my viper infused HTC One Ex El

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
Are you in sense?

Ones for sense are just bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip boot sound is htc_boot.mp3

I move them out of /system and into a backup folder on my sdcard. After you put them in don't forget to change permissions.

Sent from my viper infused HTC One Ex El

Yes, CR JL. What are the correct permissions?

Edit: Fixed names and permissions, still no joy.

Edit2: The new names above ARE correct. I changed back and with the permissions fixed, they work.

Last edited:

'busa

Sep 19, 2012
I tried manually renaming my bootanimation.zip and copying another in its place, but it won't let me. How do I set permissions to rename and copy to the /system/media folder?

EDIT: I managed to get permission to write to /system and replaced the bootanimation,zip but nothing happened. I get the same old "android" boot animation that replaced my CM10.1 boot animation after downgrading to 1.09... :(

EDIT2: I tried and tried to change my boot animation, but couldn't, so I dirty flashed CM10.1 and that restored the CM boot animation. If anyone can still help me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
I tried manually renaming my bootanimation.zip and copying another in its place, but it won't let me. How do I set permissions to rename and copy to the /system/media folder?

EDIT: I managed to get permission to write to /system and replaced the bootanimation,zip but nothing happened. I get the same old "android" boot animation that replaced my CM10.1 boot animation after downgrading to 1.09... :(

EDIT2: I tried and tried to change my boot animation, but couldn't, so I dirty flashed CM10.1 and that restored the CM boot animation. If anyone can still help me, I'd appreciate it.

These names worked for me with rw-r-r and placed in /system/customize/resource:

hTC_bootup_one.zip
hTC_downanimation.zip

Reactions: 'busa

'busa

Sep 19, 2012
These names worked for me with rw-r-r and placed in /system/customize/resource:

hTC_bootup_one.zip
hTC_downanimation.zip

Yeah, but you're on CleanROM. I'm running CM10.1. I don't even have /system/customize. My /system/ directory contains the following folders:

addon.d
app
bin
etc
fonts
framework
lib
lost+found
media
tts
usr
vendor
xbin

media contains a file called bootanimation.zip, but replacing it did nothing for me...

'busa

Sep 19, 2012
Did you set permissions correctly?
It does rename/replace the files. I did it from within ES File Explorer.

EDIT: Fixed. Partially. I now know to look at properties of files and set proper permissions within ES File Explorer. Thanks!

Last edited:

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Can I get the droid DNA animation?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I get the droid DNA animation?

Funny lol, im working on the Droid DNA right now for splash screens. Ill see if i can pull the boot any from one and convert it over
    I have a request, could u make the stock boot and down animation but invert backroind to black and change HTC green color to jelly bean blue it would b so awesome if anyone could do this

Okay, here's what should be a doable request.

Take the HTC One X invertedstock animation that's already created. Split it right before the "quietly brilliant" bit transitions into the "HTC One" bit.

In between, insert this video

from 2:56 to 3:08.

I need this to go with this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38288295&postcount=441

:cool:

We will take a look and see what we can come up with. Can someone get me the stock boot and down animations?
    The zips are all meant to be flashed from a pc it looks like. They are going to the correct folder if your on a sense Rom, but the file name of the animation is "spc_bootanimation.zip" and it needs to be "bootanimation.zip". Looks like a batch file being used from the evo Lte. So, best thing to do with these is.

Download
    Extract contents
    Go into the extracted /animations dir.
    Find spc_bootanimation.zip
    Rename to bootanimation.zip

Sense roms- copy bootanimation.zip to
    /system/customize/resource/

Aosp roms- to /system/media/

****or you can use adb to push files****

Delete or overwrite original bootanimation, or rename to bootanimation.zip.bak if u want to save it

Reboot

Edit-

They are pc batch files, and can't be flashed thru recovery, except the ones posted throughout the thread that say recovery flashed. I apologize for mis-information, so, only time they need a manual install is with aosp roms or if you don't have a pc near to run the batch file.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

The flashable versions are all here:

http://goo.im/devs/kevinrocksman/Bootanimations/ONEX/Flashable

It's hard to find unless you manually enter the URL and then navigate in goo manger.