Google Now Easter Eggs

Search This thread

akhan47

Oct 21, 2012
Haven't seen this anywhere but I thought I'd start a thread listing the Google Now easter eggs people come across. I don't know how long these have been around but here are the ones I've tried so far:

Instead of "OK Google" you can use "Hey Google", "OK Computer", "OK Jarvis", "OK Glass" (thanks to @manpildo) or "Listen Google" (thanks to @gd6noob).

saying "Make me a sandwich" - responds "What? Make it yourself" or "Poof, you're a sandwich" (thanks to @Dani897)

saying "Sudo/Sudu, make me a sandwich" - responds "OK" (thanks to @mempf & @Dani897)

saying "Beam me up Scotty" - responds "I cannot do it captain, I don't have the power" (in a terrible Scottish accent)

asking "When am I?" - responds "The present, of course. Tardis functionality is still under development, sorry."

asking "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" - responds "A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

asking "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" - responds - "Did you mean airspeed velocity of African/European unladen swallow?" (thanks to @Matt1408)

asking "Who are you?" - responds "Searching for oneself can take a lifetime, but a good place to start is classic rock." (thanks to @Matt1408 & @EmperorX)

asking "What is the nature of the universe?" - responds "The universe is a spheroid, 705 meters in diameter" (thanks to @RacerX780)

asking "What is your favourite colour?" - responds "It's hard to pick just one." (thanks to @ggreenwood334)

asking "What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?" - responds - "The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42." (thanks to @akash3656 & @corythug)

saying "Do a barrel roll" - makes the search results page roll like on web.

saying "Askew or "Tilt" - gives you a tilted search results page like on web. (thanks to @FirmShark & @Dizzi800)

If I'm missing any please inform so I can add them ;)

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Haven't seen this anywhere but I thought I'd start a thread listing the Google Now easter eggs people come across. I don't know how long these have been around but here are the ones I've tried so far:

Instead of "OK Google" you can use "Hey Google", "OK Computer" or "OK Jarvis".

saying "Make me a sandwich" - responds "What? Make it yourself"

saying "Beam me up Scotty" - responds "I cannot do it captain, I don't have the power" (in a terrible Scottish accent)

saying "When am I?" - responds "The present, of course. Tardis functionality is still under development, sorry."

saying "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" - responds "A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

saying "Do a barrel roll" - makes the search results page roll

wonder if it responds to "HAL"

edit: i have android 4.2 (my nexus is in transit, can't wait) and i think the make ma a sandwhich answer is better. i asked it and it's repsonce was "pffft you're a sandwhich"

edit 2: doesn't look like the op is updating the original post..

a few more that appear later burried in the thread are

"lions and tigers and bears?" - "oh my!"

"how can entropy be reversed?" - "insufficient data for meaningful answer."

"up up down down left right left right" - "cheat mode unlocked! unlimited free google searches!"

(in engilsh uk language) "tea, earl greay, hot." - "sorry, this is not a replicator. support for the hyper text coffee pot protocol is still in beta."

"what is the best smart phone?" - "you will have to decide for your self" or "no one phone is right for everyone"

most others are either the normal features of google now, or a random coincidence. i don't know what the algorith is for guessing the words you say but if everything is clear the search will open on the "g" of google. so any "g" word will work in place of google. many words that start with c or k or j such as computer or K.I.T.T. (like night rider) or jarvis may also work intermitently because depending on the speaker they can osund similar to a g but i don't believe it's ever an easter egg but more an ironic coincidence.

Last edited:

N-Forced

Sep 28, 2010
Nice! Didn't know about any of these, the make me a sandwich comeback is pretty hilarious. Wonder how much more there are that haven't been discovered yet.

samagon

Jul 28, 2008
Houston
Another response for 'make me a sandwich' is "OK, you are a sandwich".

These are out course, not unique to the n5.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

evostudios

Mar 23, 2012
My Nexus 5 comes tomorrow! I hope "OK, Jarvis" works, I'll use it so much more than "OK, Google"

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

manpildo

Dec 21, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Wow, I didn't know GNow had easter eggs :D

Ok Jarvis doesnt work.. but Listen Google does!

My Nexus 5 comes tomorrow! I hope "OK, Jarvis" works, I'll use it so much more than "OK, Google"

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app
It doesn't respond to how you would normally pronounce Jarvis in English, but it does if you pronounce it "Yarvis" - though inconsistently, at least for me.

Last edited:

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything.

Try it

Someone already said that one I just saw, oops

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instead of "OK Google" you can use "Hey Google", "OK Computer", "OK Jarvis", "OK Glass" (thanks to @manpildo) or "Listen Google" (thanks to @gd6noob).

saying "Make me a sandwich" - responds "What? Make it yourself" or "Poof, you're a sandwich" (thanks to @Dani897)

saying "Sudo/Sudu, make me a sandwich" - responds "OK" (thanks to @mempf & @Dani897)

asking "When am I?" - responds "The present, of course. Tardis functionality is still under development, sorry."

asking "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" - responds "A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

asking "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" - responds - "Did you mean airspeed velocity of African/European unladen swallow?" (thanks to @Matt1408)

asking "Who are you?" - responds "Searching for oneself can take a lifetime, but a good place to start is classic rock." (thanks to @Matt1408 & @EmperorX)

asking "What is the nature of the universe?" - responds "The universe is a spheroid, 705 meters in diameter" (thanks to @RacerX780)

asking "What is your favourite colour?" - responds "It's hard to pick just one." (thanks to @ggreenwood334)

asking "What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?" - responds - "The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42." (thanks to @akash3656 & @corythug)

saying "Do a barrel roll" - makes the search results page roll like on web.

saying "Askew or "Tilt" - gives you a tilted search results page like on web. (thanks to @FirmShark & @Dizzi800)

Great one!

Try

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right

Google will answer: "Cheat code unlocked, free unlimited Google searches."

Confirmed!
    Ask Google Now "What does the fox say?"

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    "OK Google"
    "What is an upper decker?"

Lol. Your welcome ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
    Try