[GUIDE] Repair Xperia SP's aluminium frame

Search This thread

Gamer R

Jan 19, 2012
Hi there,

Here's a small guide which will help you all to repair your phone's aluminium frame , the inexpensive way using household products. At times people tend to drop the phone which causes the aluminium frame to chip off. Follow my steps carefully, and you'll be able to repair the damage.

NOTE: Do it at your own risk. I'm not responsible for the damage caused.

Things required:

- Toothpaste (Not gel based) (Preferably Sensodyne)
- Black acrylic paint
- White Glue (mainly used for Art & Craft projects)
- Cotton Swabs
- Tape (Scotch Tape or Cellophane tape)
- A solution of equal amount of Rubbing alcohol and distilled water. (For cleaning purpose)

Procedure:

Take bowl and mix 2 parts of Toothpaste with 1 part of White Glue and 1 part of black paint. This way you'll obtain the colour for the black frame. For white frame add 1/2 part of black paint only. You'll have to adjust the above ingredients a little bit to obtain the right colour.

For reference

Black Frame
2qmkxmr.jpg

White Frame
9t36v5.jpg

Tape up the sides of the back panel and screen leaving the affected area.
You'll have to add atleast 2 layers of tape.

Take a cotton swab , put the paint mixture and dab it on the affected area. Leave it overnight so that the paint dries off.

Using the rubbing alcohol solution, wipe off the excess paint.

And voila !, the frame is repaired.

Robbie5

Dec 12, 2013
paint

what about just the paint, i have the black version, it's not that visible but the paint is kinda grey on the sides and the frame under is black, is there any method to cover that little black area to make it greyish again ?

Gamer R

Jan 19, 2012
@zeusrazvy
Well I had repaired my phone this way a week before making this thread. So , I didn't really thought of making a thread in the first place. But when I had it, I was really late to click the pictures and show my tutorial in a pictorial way for better understanding

prabhav.3892

Sep 6, 2012
Bangalore
@zeusrazvy
Well I had repaired my phone this way a week before making this thread. So , I didn't really thought of making a thread in the first place. But when I had it, I was really late to click the pictures and show my tutorial in a pictorial way for better understanding

can you show the pics of your phone how does it look after repairing it by this technique.

and is it permanent or fades away with time?

Last edited:

Jeik

Jun 27, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 13
@Marionette hey man did you tried it yet?
I dont know what glue to buy,and I forgot to buy the rubbin alcohol Dx
I am probably going to the mall today,and will see if I can buy the remaining ingredients.
Can I buy the white glue for sticking wood parts(it is hard as rock when it hardens),it is called "drvofix" in meh country,and use it for the mixture?
Thats the only hard,white glue I know of.

Last edited:

prabhav.3892

Sep 6, 2012
Bangalore
I am probably going to the mall today,and will see if I can buy the remaining ingredients.
Can I buy the white glue for sticking wood parts(it is hard as rock when it hardens),it is called "drvofix" in meh country,and use it for the mixture?

According to the OP that should do the work.

Reactions: Jeik

Gamer R

Jan 19, 2012
Maybe a Xperia Logo of the same size and resolution printed on a Sticker Paper and cutting it out with precision, pasting it on the back of the cover along with some masking tape around the sides of the template and spraying the template with a Silver Car Paint should work, I think.

Car Paint is available in spray cans at car care shops.

Note - I haven't tried this out. It's just a thought.

Reactions: Furrydaus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Here's a small guide which will help you all to repair your phone's aluminium frame , the inexpensive way using household products. At times people tend to drop the phone which causes the aluminium frame to chip off. Follow my steps carefully, and you'll be able to repair the damage.

NOTE: Do it at your own risk. I'm not responsible for the damage caused.

Things required:

- Toothpaste (Not gel based) (Preferably Sensodyne)
    - Black acrylic paint
    - White Glue (mainly used for Art & Craft projects)
    - Cotton Swabs
    - Tape (Scotch Tape or Cellophane tape)
    - A solution of equal amount of Rubbing alcohol and distilled water. (For cleaning purpose)

Procedure:

Take bowl and mix 2 parts of Toothpaste with 1 part of White Glue and 1 part of black paint. This way you'll obtain the colour for the black frame. For white frame add 1/2 part of black paint only. You'll have to adjust the above ingredients a little bit to obtain the right colour.

For reference

Black Frame
    2qmkxmr.jpg

White Frame
    9t36v5.jpg

Tape up the sides of the back panel and screen leaving the affected area.
    You'll have to add atleast 2 layers of tape.

Take a cotton swab , put the paint mixture and dab it on the affected area. Leave it overnight so that the paint dries off.

Using the rubbing alcohol solution, wipe off the excess paint.

And voila !, the frame is repaired.
    can you show the pics of your phone how does it look after repairing it by this technique.

and is it permanent or fades away with time?
    God bless the OP,I am going to try this,and post pictures of BEFORE-AFTER if it works for me. :)
    thanks man i need to work on this too

you got black one or white one?

white
    I will buy the ingredients tommorow :p

According to the OP that should do the work.
    Im going to the mall in 6pm,watch a movie,then return and buy the glue and rubin alcohol on the way back.

wow..the road must be long, or the movie so long :p