[ROM] (Unofficial) [4.4.2] SlimKat Weekly 3.1 [Jewel] W/ New partitions

Search This thread

kfree

Nov 17, 2009
I absolutely love this ROM (especially coming from meanbean and an older stock rom).... but I have a few questions..

2 things I'm just curious about

1) I have google voice installed but I still get this dreaded " New Voicemail (3)" that I haven't had in a long time. I know that there were a few tricks to get rid of that but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'd honestly love to just remove the stock sprint voicemail apk but I can't seem to find it in all my apks.. if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

2) the meanbean rom had a really cool feature that was along the lines of 'wake screen on text message'.. I know the new versions have a wake screen on text message but they don't seem to show the picture (in my case, all my contacts are synced to facebook so I see their pictures) of the contact.. it was a really nice feature and I was curious if anyone has any options for how to get that going?

thanks again, and . great rom!!! keep it up.

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I've been working on this ROM, and I STILL haven't gotten it to build. It's been frustrating. Anyway, I noticed that someone posted Liquid Smooth up recently. If you like Slim, you'll probably like Liquid. Give it a shot. It's got a lot of the same features, and it's not as bulky as CM.

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I just finished compiling this ROM. I have no idea why it works now but it wouldn't before... Anyway, the file is:

Slim-Jewel-05042014.zip

Enjoy!

EDIT - Now that I'm actually booting it up, it looks like the hardware buttons (Home / Back / Recent Apps) don't function. But I do have WIFI and 3G working. On the downside, it says I'm "Roaming", but I think that's just a software mistake. Goblin, do you have any idea about the hardware buttons? Maybe I will send you my roomservice.xml after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDiesel

GoblinZ

Sep 15, 2010
I just finished compiling this ROM. I have no idea why it works now but it wouldn't before... Anyway, the file is:

Slim-Jewel-05042014.zip

Enjoy!

new format?

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Slim-Jewel-05042014.zip

Enjoy!

EDIT - Now that I'm actually booting it up, it looks like the hardware buttons (Home / Back / Recent Apps) don't function. But I do have WIFI and 3G working. On the downside, it says I'm "Roaming", but I think that's just a software mistake. Goblin, do you have any idea about the hardware buttons? Maybe I will send you my roomservice.xml after all.

Yep you have to tweak the hardware overlay in device/htc/jewel/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml

change line 38 to integer value 19 (for back/home/app switch)

make clobber and rebuild...also are you doing captains cherry pick for new partition format?

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
new format?

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Yep you have to tweak the hardware overlay in device/htc/jewel/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml

change line 38 to integer value 19 (for back/home/app switch)

make clobber and rebuild...also are you doing captains cherry pick for new partition format?

Yes, I did for this last build (which took me weeks). But I'm going to do a new repo sync except keep my old device/htc/jewel file, since Cyanogen recently updated their sources (and cherry pick won't work).

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I finally got around to trying this build. It's super smooth, and nice and light. I really enjoy it! So far I haven't run into any issues.

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
Last edited:
Reactions: ngtshde

ngtshde

Dec 1, 2010
Recently started using this ROM and love it. Very fast and stable. Slimmed it down a bit as well to my preference and it is going great. Any idea if there are plans for a 4.4.3 version?

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
Recently started using this ROM and love it. Very fast and stable. Slimmed it down a bit as well to my preference and it is going great. Any idea if there are plans for a 4.4.3 version?

I'm still trying to crank through the newest version, but it keeps giving me errors. GoblinZ might be able to pull through for you like last time.

smokeythebear3

Jul 3, 2009
I just updated to the new partitions and decided to use the modified hboot using firewater. Now my hboot is 2.10.5555. When I tried to flash this rom, it wouldn't let me because my hboot wasn't on 2.10.0000. Anyway to bypass this and still install the rom?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I just updated to the new partitions and decided to use the modified hboot using firewater. Now my hboot is 2.10.5555. When I tried to flash this rom, it wouldn't let me because my hboot wasn't on 2.10.0000. Anyway to bypass this and still install the rom?
#Blame@NaterTots

You can just change the assert in the updater-script to reflect your HBOOT version. The updated version of the new partitions patch allows for the Firewater HBOOT; it seems some people aren't up to date ;).

Reactions: smokeythebear3

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
#Blame@NaterTots

You can just change the assert in the updater-script to reflect your HBOOT version. The updated version of the new partitions patch allows for the Firewater HBOOT; it seems some people aren't up to date ;).

Or, if you're like me and like to live on the edge... You could just delete that line in the updater-script altogether.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I've got a new build for you as of 6-15.

It's located under my Slim-Jewel folder

The only problem I know about is that there isn't any launcher loaded with this thing by default (Slim is right!). I don't know how that happened, but it must have been a source problem. I did see there was updates to Nova Launcher in the new release, but evidently it's not all worked out.

Proposed Solution: Just install the Play Store, and then get to it as fast as you can. Once you do, you can install your own launcher from there.

Last edited:

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I now have a Slim 5.10 (4.4.4) Build posted. The only quirk is with the install process...

For a "Clean Flash"...
1) Install GoblinZ's previous, 2) wipe, 3) install new .zip

For a "Dirty Flash"...
1) Install GoblinZ's previous over your own, 2) install new .zip, 3) wipe cache / dalvik

Last edited:

Luna_Sky

Jul 24, 2012
Running SK now and loving it especially since getting the phone re-flashed to Page Plus! However, the 3 backlit keys began to not... well... stay backlit. It was random at first and now, the last hour or so I've been messing around with the ROM & setting things up, I've noticed they haven't lit up again. Is there a setting that changes this? Or maybe it is another problem? Curious if this problem is known.. Did some Googling and came up with nothing. :confused:

Edit: Annnnddd I figured out..

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKAT 4.4.2

slimbeanop2.jpg

Installation instructions

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest SlimGapps 4.4.x or other 4.4 specific gapps
    3. In recovery, full wipe, and manually format /system
    4. Flash ROM and the gapps you want, reboot

Note 1: This rom comes with DPI set at 245. This will make the fonts/icons smaller than usual there are many ways to change this to the stock 320... Edit: The latest builds have a DPI adjuster in Settings/Interface/

Note 2: Superuser comes disabled by default! Please find the Dev Tools app in your app drawer, select Developer Options then look under "Debugging" for Root Access. select apps only or apps and ADB. (Btw ART is working great on this rom, if you would like to test it it is under Select runtime)

Note 3: Build's based off the new partition layout

YOU MUST FLASH AND RUN CAPTAINTHROWBACK'S SENSE 5 4.3 UPDATE ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS

Or have used the RUU from HTC to upgrade to 4.13

REQUIREMENTS:
    -HBOOT 2.10
    -RECOVERY WITH NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
    -FLASH AND BOOT INTO THE SENSE 5 4.3 ROM FIRST OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!

see Captain_Throwback's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Also once you do update everything you will need to do the HTC Unlock to be able to flash your recovery. Don't worry, you will still be S-Off, if you already were.

I have to say it again DO NOT FLASH THE BUILDS FOR THE NEW PARTITION LAYOUT UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SENSE 5 4.3 upgrade! You must actually flash the rom not just the recovery. You have been warned.

Changelogs can be found on the slimroms website
    http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/news

Download Links: There are 2 versions of each build at the moment. I'm not sure how long I'll support the old Partition layout so it would be a good thing to upgrade to stay current. PLEASE pay attention to what you are downloading and Flashing.

SlimKat Weekly 3.2

2/27/14
    New Partition layout. w/ DPI On the Fly, Notification Reminders - http://d-h.st/Ugw

If you want to test something you can flash these new Blobs which will make it so your Baseband shows up in About Phone - Thank @Captain_Throwback for these. - http://d-h.st/Kdj

2/20/14
    Old partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly

New Partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly

2/18/14
    Old Partition Layout DPI set @ 320

New Partition Layout DPI set @ 320

These files have been removed since they are no longer on the hosting site. If someone is looking for them let me know and I'll put them back up.

SlimKat Weekly 2.8 RC3
    http://d-h.st/IWi

New features
    -Opensource Dialer added
    -SlimPie is back!
    -lots of stability tweaks, Slim believes this will be the last RC!

Tweaks I added to this build:
    -set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.
    -added cLock app from CM

SlimKat Weekly 2.6 RC2
    http://d-h.st/9ai

Tweaks I added to this build:
    -cherry picked "clear all" button to recents
    -cherry picked Network Speed Indicator to status bar settings
    -set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.

SlimKat 4.4.x Gapps
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

SuperSU
    http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Gapps are the same and can be found here. The AIO gapps will work very well with TRDS if you use it:

And huge thanks to @Captain_Throwback and @xHausx for working on the parttion layout and @GoblinZ for helping me, help him.

There really is no reason to not update your Firmware, Hboot and recovery to have the new layout. It uses the storage the same way as newer devices and allows you to format your SD card to a different format if you desire.

Reminder: Any previous backups you have will not work on the new layout. But this is a great time to clean up your SD card and start fresh which will probably make things quicker in the long run.

Screenshot's Post #3
    SlimPie is in all builds from 2.8 and up. :)

Kernel Source :https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_jewel
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960

Support:

This rom comes with an app for slimusers irc. It links to freenode channel #slimusers feel free to visit if you would like to chat, keep in mind this is an unofficial build.

Thanks: I can not express enough that these types of projects can not be done without the support of the community. :highfive:

• I personally never would have tried compiling Roms from source with out the help from those in #htc-evo-4g-lte
      So Thank you so much to all of them.
    • deck's tireless work made the CM kernel and device tree that this and many other roms for this device are based on.
    • MeestaAytch, xHausx, CaptainThrowback, GoblinZ and everyone in the #htc-evo-4g-lte channel for all of their support and info along the way.
    • mikshepard for posting the instructions for porting this rom to our device.
    • The entire SlimRoms staff for all of their hard work in making this rom and apps.
    • Please don't hesitate to let me know if someone was missed here, send a PM or catch me in freenode and ill get you in there :eek:

EDIT: @ocarinaz64 has been kind enough to continue building SlimKat for Jewel. His builds can be found here. Please read the "Read me" link he has there and be sure to thank him!!
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B02ZZ1GsXhMkY3ZlM1k5Nm5mYlU&usp=drive_web

Thank you, goblinz. It's fu*&ing great you're supporting this device. You don't even have it, correct? You've been putting mass time into compiling it to share. We should donate. I haven't yet, I know. But still, your time and work is so super appreciated. Thank you. A lot.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nope I'm still rockin a Jewel X) probably will till that m8 surfaces. I don't have any donate stuff setup, I think that belongs to the full time devs that make these roms, I'm just doing this for fun :cyclops: Long as people still are interested in this device ill keep building for it.
    SlimKat Weekly 4.9

I went ahead and built an intirim build and have been running this for a couple days straight.

http://d-h.st/Pyd

enjoy
    New Partition Layout Version PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST!!

YOU MUST FLASH AND RUN CAPTAINTHROWBACK'S SENSE 5 4.3 UPDATE ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS

REQUIREMENTS:
    -HBOOT 2.10
    -RECOVERY WITH NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
    -FLASH AND BOOT INTO THE SENSE 5 4.3 ROM FIRST OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!

see captain throwback's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Also once you do update everything you will need to do the HTC Unlockto be able to flash your recovery. Don't worry, you will still be S-Off, if you already were.;)

DOWLOAD:

I have to say it again DO NOT FLASH THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SENSE 5 4.3 upgrade! You must actually flash the rom not just the recovery. You have been warned.

So this is SlimKat3.1 for Jewel with new partition layout:

http://d-h.st/ZYv (DPI already set to 320 for Jewel)

Gapps are the same and can be found here. The AIO gapps will work very well with TRDS if you use it:

And huge thanks to @captainthrowback and @xHausx for working on this and @GoblinZ for helping me, help him. ;)

There really is no reason to not update your Firmware, Hboot and recovery to have the new layout. It uses the storage the same way as newer devices and allows you to format your SD card to a different format if you desire.

Reminder: Any previous backups you have will not work on the new layout. But this is a great time to clean up your SD card and start fresh which will probably make things quicker in the long run.
    I just looked on Slim Bean's website and they say their sources are now up to 3.6. I was wondering, is there a reason we're still on the 3.2 build? Not that we really need to be that bleeding-edge, but I was just wondering.

To that regard, I fully appreciate your work NaterTots, and I would be willing to try and help out. But so far, I haven't gotten a successful build ported to this device. I think my local_manifests file isn't set up right. Would you mind sharing yours with me? Even if you do plan to make updates to this forever yourself, I do want to try and build it myself once, just for the achievement.

I'll see what I can do. I just put in a new hard drive and was working on getting the build environment back up. Hopefully soon I can get an update for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app