CyanogenMod 7.2 rc0 kang test build

Search This thread

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
Is there some ridiculous special way you need to proceed with to install this? I'm on the official Gingerbread, rooted, and am running CWM Touch and I cannot get any CM7 roms to install correctly, both when I'm installing from internal SD and external

no you should just wipe your phone from cwm the flash cm7 for p920 if your on gingerbread then i always like to wipe my phone again just to make sure

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
no you should just wipe your phone from cwm the flash cm7 for p920 if your on gingerbread then i always like to wipe my phone again just to make sure

Thanks for the help! Tried flashing the p920 and i got a ton of errors that i dont understand...lol. ill take a pic of it tonight and post it here when im done with work.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
Alright, so here's what I get every time I attempt to install anything in CWM. Installations always abort. I'm not sure if it's because of the recovery I'm using, which is the touch CWM recovery that is installed via the Windows recovery tool, but it's frustrating. Anyone have any ideas for me? Again, this is for the Thrill 4G on AT&T updated with official Gingerbread. FYI, the image of my issue is attached.

Attachments

• WP_000007.jpg
    WP_000007.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 114

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Alright, so here's what I get every time I attempt to install anything in CWM. Installations always abort. I'm not sure if it's because of the recovery I'm using, which is the touch CWM recovery that is installed via the Windows recovery tool, but it's frustrating. Anyone have any ideas for me? Again, this is for the Thrill 4G on AT&T updated with official Gingerbread. FYI, the image of my issue is attached.

Try downloading the right ROM first.
You are trying to install a P970 rom.
If your phone is a p970 then you are on the wrong forum

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p920

That's the one you want if you're on at&t's GB

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: sportsinger75

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
So I've experienced one issue with this build...callers seem to hear an echo of every word they say, which isn't apparent in the stock Thrill rom...any ideas?

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
Download getril app on the market.
Worked for me.

Hmmmm...tried it out, didn't seem to do a thing. Of course that could be because I didn't download the correct ril.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Also, I've experienced another issue after flashing this...when trying to return to my backed up nandroid, I can't seem to get past the LG logo at the beginning of boot...any ideas?

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Hmmmm...tried it out, didn't seem to do a thing. Of course that could be because I didn't download the correct ril.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Also, I've experienced another issue after flashing this...when trying to return to my backed up nandroid, I can't seem to get past the LG logo at the beginning of boot...any ideas?

Getril should say baseband and ril are matching.

Did you clear caches after restoring?
I had the same problem, but I had disabled the bootanimation, and then tried restoring a stock rom.
Solution was too re-enable bootanimation and then restore.

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA

I had the same problem, but I had disabled the bootanimation, and then tried restoring a stock rom.

Cleared caches and what not. How do you re-enable boot animation? Don't recall seeing that in CWM.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Cleared caches and what not. How do you re-enable boot animation? Don't recall seeing that in CWM.

Its a cm setting. If you didn't mess around with any cyanogenmod settings, then I'm not sure sure why it won't load.
Best option is to reinstall the rom via cwm

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA

Also, non of the recommended rils will match my baseband so is there another way to get the correct ril?

Top Liked Posts