[WIDGET][2.3+] Sense 4 Clock and Weather widgets (1x1, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4)

What grid size do you use on your device with qHD screen?

• 5x4

Votes: 204 55.6%
  • 4x4

Votes: 163 44.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sevastopol

Aug 10, 2011
Hello everybody.
This app was modified with intention to create the most accurate copy of clock and weather widgets from HTC Sense 4.
It is based on a free version of FancyWidgets 3.5.5
Modification will fit any screen size starting from QVGA up to HD

1x1, 2x1, 4x2 || 4x3 || 4x4 :

58865658.jpg
35648398.jpg
111ndf.png

Download latest version:
screenshot2012081910080.png
36676926.png

FancySense_OneX.apk ...........with Celsius indicators...........FancySense_OneV.apk

FancySense_OneX.apk ...........with Fahrenheit indicators...........FancySense_OneV.apk

FancySense_OneX.apk ...........without indicators...........FancySense_OneV.apk
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Special versions:
In different versions below only 4x2 clock is modified, all other widgets remain the same as in standard FancySense

S3 version

Unlike the standard version, clock here is 4x3 size
(perfect for SGS3' Touchwiz that does not support widget resizing)

FancySense_S3.apk with Celsius indicators

FancySense_S3.apk with Fahrenheit indicators

FancySense_S3.apk without indicators

Regular clock with date, location and condition text above the weather icon

In this post

Setting up the widget:
Basic install:
1) Install FancySense_.apk
That's all.

Advanced install:
1) Follow basic installation guide
2) If you want different clockskins and/or weather skin in high definition - download and unzip FancySense_stuff. You will find 3 folders there - Android, ClockSkins and WidgetLocker backgrounds. Copy the Android folder to your SD card and confirm overwriting
3) To get thin font on weather widgets, you need to flash this zip via CWM. This will replace DroidSansMono.ttf in /system/fonts folder. To undo this change flash this.

Further customization:
If you want multicolored clock skins welcome to this post

Some notes:
  • If you were using stock FancyWidgets, you need to remove it first. If you are updating between my versions you needn't do this in order to save all your settings.
  • If your widgets looks cropped, try Adaptive layout (in the Interface settings)
  • There are 9 clock skins (9 skins is the limit of the free version of FancyWidgets) in the Android folder. The rest of the skins is in the ClockSkins folder. FancySense won't allow you to choose more than between 9 skins at a time, so delete ones you don't need from Android/data/fancywidgets/clockskins and put there ones that you like.
  • Since I signed this app with test signature, you won't be able to use unlocker from Google Play. You can still buy it though to support Android Does.

Feel free to post any bugs or requests here. But please include following information:
  • what is wrong with your widget/what you want it to look like
  • name of your device
  • launcher that you are using
  • launchers' grid size
  • screenshot would be great too
Don't forget to click 'Thanks' if you like my work;)

Attachments

• fancy_font_revert.zip
    235.5 KB · Views: 1,920
  • FancySense_044_aluminium.apk
    4.8 MB · Views: 19,240
  • FancySense_S3_Fahrenheit.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 3,027
  • FancySense_S3_Celsius.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 10,911
  • FancySense_S3_no_ind.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 2,324
  • GalaxySense_04_Celsius.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 17,779
  • GalaxySense_04_Fahrenheit.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 3,980
  • GalaxySense_04_no_ind.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 3,196
  • FancySense_font.zip
    173.1 KB · Views: 2,068
  • FancySense_062_Celsius.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 43,774
  • FancySense_062_Fahrenheit.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 7,291
  • FancySense_062_no_ind.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,018
  • FancySense_stuff.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 11,249
  • FancySense_06_4x1.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 16,533
  • FancySense_OneV_Celsius.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 19,405
  • FancySense_OneV_Fahrenheit.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,800
  • FancySense_OneV_no_ind.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,287
Last edited:

Sevastopol

Aug 10, 2011
Because it's not FancyWidget's native stuff, indicators are part of my modification (and not the part I'm proud of, since it's just plain text).
Anyway, I've added version with Fahrenheit indicators, you can just install it without removing Celsius version, all your settings will be saved

Wozil

Jun 24, 2012
Aubagne
Thank you for this widget
How have the big sun, with the temperature front, I have not succeeded that

SvenKotten

Mar 12, 2008
Awesome! This is really great work. But could you help me with the following: I`d like to use it on my new acer a510 tablet. And when I have it in landscape mode it has not that nice portrait mode style. (Weather is located beside the clock, not under it) Can I force the widget to keep the portrait mode style while using it in the landscape mode?

Kind regards
Sven

Sevastopol

Aug 10, 2011
Thank you, and if i want animations, I have to pay "Fancy Widgets Unlocker"?
Unfortunately, unlocker won't work, because my modification and original app have different signatures

Awesome! This is really great work. But could you help me with the following: I`d like to use it on my new acer a510 tablet. And when I have it in landscape mode it has not that nice portrait mode style. (Weather is located beside the clock, not under it) Can I force the widget to keep the portrait mode style while using it in the landscape mode?

Kind regards
Sven
Well, that's kinda tricky. In order to help I need your screen resolution, dpi and number of rows/columns of your launcher.

Reactions: TTRpwnage

SvenKotten

Mar 12, 2008
Okay, let me see.. Screen res is 1280*800, dpi are 149 (is it the same like ppi?) And launcher: 7 rows, 8 columns.. isnt there something like a file where the setup is written down, i`m thinking of a simple flag where you can switch on and off wether it uses only the portrait mode or not..?!?

Sevastopol

Aug 10, 2011
Okay, let me see.. Screen res is 1280*800, dpi are 149 (is it the same like ppi?) And launcher: 7 rows, 8 columns.. isnt there something like a file where the setup is written down, i`m thinking of a simple flag where you can switch on and off wether it uses only the portrait mode or not..?!?
Well, try following versions. They look quite good In the emulator.

Attachments

• FancySense_tablet_Celc.apk
    5.1 MB · Views: 355
  • FancySense_tablet_Fahrenheit.apk
    5.1 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Quiksilver78

Jul 28, 2010
Czech Republic
Cease and Desist from HTC in 5,4,3,2,1...

LOL but all kidding aside, this is great work. Not sure exactly how to install it (just the apk?) and why it requires Fancy Widgets, no clue, but the effort is just great!

SrkeeOSK

Feb 10, 2010
Osijek
U8650

480x320 resolution

it seems there's no black bar uder temperature and location, so it's hard to read it on some wallpapers, am I the isolated case or someone else is experieng this.

everything great but no black bacground under location/weather/temeprature line.

Top Liked Posts