Cannot Root my Xoom

Search This thread

ramhuskies7

Jun 28, 2014
Can some one help me please im having trouble with rooting my xoom. i have downloaded and saved everything i was told i needed to root the device to the device and memory card but when i try to load the recovery console i get the android with the red x over it.

Any help is welcome.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Can some one help me please im having trouble with rooting my xoom. i have downloaded and saved everything i was told i needed to root the device to the device and memory card but when i try to load the recovery console i get the android with the red x over it.

Any help is welcome.
You can not flash a custom recovery from stock android recovery. Which is what the red x recovery is
Is your tablets boot loader unlocked yet?... No matter. Just download thisAIO_scripts_R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3.zip - 12.00 MB
It's my tool to do everything u need. Unlock boot loader, flash twrp recovery, and then twrp will root it also when you boot into recovery. Just Dow load the zip file. Plug your xoom into your pc and click the runme.bat and chose what you want to do.
sent from:)::§:::)

Reactions: ramhuskies7

ramhuskies7

Jun 28, 2014
I got into the twrp interface and loaded the omniROM 4.4.2 but it will not load past the omni screen now and give me an error saying could not mount Cache

ramhuskies7

Jun 28, 2014
Known issue on twrp there is no password just leave blank.
And you will need to ask your Rom related question in the Rom thread because I don't use that Rom and I don't know if it's bigPart Rom or not

Thanks. i ended up restoring it back to the factory through a process i found on another forum once everything updates to where it needs to be i am going to try and use your version to install the new ROM

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks. i ended up restoring it back to the factory through a process i found on another forum once everything updates to where it needs to be i am going to try and use your version to install the new ROM

Just remember to look at what ever Rom you choose. If it says requires bigpart. Look at the thread in the development section for the steps to make it compatible for bigpart. It's not hard just have to follow a few steps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any help is welcome.
    You can not flash a custom recovery from stock android recovery. Which is what the red x recovery is
    Is your tablets boot loader unlocked yet?... No matter. Just download thisAIO_scripts_R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3.zip - 12.00 MB
    It's my tool to do everything u need. Unlock boot loader, flash twrp recovery, and then twrp will root it also when you boot into recovery. Just Dow load the zip file. Plug your xoom into your pc and click the runme.bat and chose what you want to do.