[Q] May have softbricked phone, need help

Search This thread

macaronimancer

May 7, 2014
I was interested in upgrading to Kitkat, and when I used Odin to flash it, it all went smoothly, said complete, then when it restarted it only gets to black screen after the samsung splash. I'm not sure what to do from here, was hoping one of the wizards here would know.

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
I was interested in upgrading to Kitkat, and when I used Odin to flash it, it all went smoothly, said complete, then when it restarted it only gets to black screen after the samsung splash. I'm not sure what to do from here, was hoping one of the wizards here would know.

Are you trying to update to the rooted 4.4.2 build by Beanstown? If so you have to be rooted on 4.3 and flash his odex or deodexed build with safestrap 3.65. Then boot to download mode and flash the firmware with odin. If you tried to just flash the firmware it's not going to work.
Follow the direction in this threads op.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2740466

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ***

Reactions: macaronimancer

macaronimancer

May 7, 2014
Are you trying to update to the rooted 4.4.2 build by Beanstown? If so you have to be rooted on 4.3 and flash his odex or deodexed build with safestrap 3.65. Then boot to download mode and flash the firmware with odin. If you tried to just flash the firmware it's not going to work.
Follow the direction in this threads op.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2740466

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ***

I'm currently trying to get it back to normal, I think I'm on the right track. I'll update when this is done.

macaronimancer

May 7, 2014
thanks a ton, That's the resource I needed. I flashed it back and I'm back in business. Now on to rooting. There's tons of stuff on here to help me with that though. +1 internets for you sir.:good:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Reactions: BlakMajick

Top Liked Posts