VZW Announces ICS Devices

Search This thread

Rlin5741

Aug 27, 2011
....and Droid 3 is missing. Could still be coming down the pipeline, but it looks like we are out of luck for the first wave (not that surprising).

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/03/bl2012-03-06.html

I know I have forwarded this theory before - but at first glance, the list does only have devices (among all manufacturers) that are well over 512MB of RAM - I think Dinc2 is the lowest at 768MB. I may be wrong - don't have all specs memorized.

Last edited:

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
I know I have forwarded this theory before - but at first glance, the list does only have devices (among all manufacturers) that are well over 512MB of RAM - I think Dinc2 is the lowest at 768MB. I may be wrong - don't have all specs memorized.
It's because the people at motorola that make these decisions don't even know what RAM is and haven't even heard of kernel or XDA-forums.
They think... Hm..1024 is more than 512.. lets not give 512 mb phones ICS.

If they'd at least unlock the damn bootloaders so people like hashcode can do it for them ffs

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Part of me wants to never buy another motorola device, but this keyboard is just too nice. Motorola does a good job on the hardware but between the bloatware and the locked bootloader the software part can be disappointing. So we have an os released less than 6 months after our device was released and motorola basically says screw you. Verizon is just the messenger here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DRELUXOID

Mar 6, 2012
Some of those phones are almost the same hardware as the droid 3 so I'm hoping that those vzw roms can at least be reverse engineered to figure out what's still missing in the cm9 alpha, like the camera.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Rlin5741

Aug 27, 2011
Reporting the full Motorola update schedule site: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

interesting that bionic and d4 are still listed as evaluating. But even in best case, that droid 3 is only left out of the ics fun for the first rollout (vzw does say more updates are coming, and droid 2 did get updates almost 2 years after release), it looks like it will be a while - even some brand new devices that were in the vzw press release are scheduled for q3...

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Droid 3 is one of the best phones with android and qwerty and motorola dont plan to update to ICS?? Motorola in software decisions sucks!!! They never listened to the users

Reactions: slayer621

rblanca

Dec 12, 2011
It don't mean that droid 3 will never has ICS... just it not going to be on this first group... I'm sure in a couple of months we will see it on the list.

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
It don't mean that droid 3 will never has ICS... just it not going to be on this first group... I'm sure in a couple of months we will see it on the list.
Well if they wait much longer:
A) people have upgraded to a newer phone
B) all people who actually care about having ICS rather than gingerbread already use hashcode's ICS

rblanca

Dec 12, 2011
Well if they wait much longer:
A) people have upgraded to a newer phone
B) all people who actually care about having ICS rather than gingerbread already use hashcode's ICS

I think that in Q1 of 2013 we might have an oficial ICS support, i don't believe sonner than that...

First it's motorola who decide, if our droid 3 can have ICS, then VZW if it will have.

Motorola should still be evaluating if ICS will going to run fine on our Droid 3 and if it's they will update his "ICS Update Schedule" and VZW his own.

Cya

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
I think that in Q1 of 2013 we will have an oficial ICS support, i don't believe sonner than that...

First it's motorola who decide, if our droid 3 can have ICS, then VZW if it will have.

Motorola should still be evaluating if ICS will going to run fine on our Droid 3 and if it's they will update his "ICS Update Schedule" and VZW his own.

Cya
Well I don't think it'll take hashcode 'nd crew 1 year to fix hw codecs/video recording and some bug fixes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Droid 3 is one of the best phones with android and qwerty and motorola dont plan to update to ICS?? Motorola in software decisions sucks!!! They never listened to the users