[APP] Quick-Fix for "Cannot Connect to Camera" error for Epinters CM10/CM10.1

Search This thread

berickson1

Sep 15, 2012

I know this should go in Atrix development, but I am relatively new to the community and cannot post in the development section yet.

I have been frustrated by the camera connectivity issue that has been affecting Epinters CM10 ROM. Luckily, Epinter posted an easy solution to fix this without rebooting the device.. Looks like this works Epinters CM10.1 ROM based on comments in that thread (I have not tested it).

I decided that it would be a good idea to wrap this in a simple app that would allow a one-click fix!
This app requires root in order to kill the mediaserver process.

To Use:
1) Install
2) Open "Atrix Camera Fix"
3) Click "Run Fix!"
4) Grant Superuser permission
5) DONE!

If there is interest, I could create a one-click widget to do this as well.

Changelog:
Version 1.1:Added ability to kill the gallery/camera app (com.android.gallery3d)

Edit (Dec 11): Fixed typo. Thanks saldirai for letting me know!
Edit (Jan 1): Added changelog and updated apk
Edit (Mar 3): Seems to be compatible with Epinter's CM 10.1
Edit (Apr 12): Reports of working with CM 10.1/10.2 i9300 (International Galaxy S3) & CM11 sprint galaxy s3

Last edited:

thesummoner101

Sep 22, 2011
This would have been a nice addition few months back, but I personally haven't run into this issue since the early CM10 builds. Maybe because I started using Camera FX, but camera always works and is never laggy like before. Still thanks for your work, I'm sure it will definitely help someone.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

berickson1

Sep 15, 2012
This would have been a nice addition few months back, but I personally haven't run into this issue since the early CM10 builds. Maybe because I started using Camera FX, but camera always works and is never laggy like before. Still thanks for your work, I'm sure it will definitely help someone.

I still see this issue when using the stock camera, mostly after opening the camera multiple times in a relatively short period (~15 minutes) from the lock screen. I imagine that I can't be the only one seeing this. If this helps just one person, i'm happy!

thesummoner101

Sep 22, 2011
Haven't used the stock camera in a long while, I remember it being annoying to restart. I'm sure there are going to be people who will enjoy this.

Try camera360 from the play store. It's free and has lots of options. It doesn't crash either...

dblades

Sep 26, 2012
Aurora
Haven't used the stock camera in a long while, I remember it being annoying to restart. I'm sure there are going to be people who will enjoy this.

Try camera360 from the play store. It's free and has lots of options. It doesn't crash either...

I was using Camera 360, with Epinters CM10, but after the last update of camera 360, it wouldn't connect yesterday when I tried using it.

thesummoner101

Sep 22, 2011
I was using Camera 360, with Epinters CM10, but after the last update of camera 360, it wouldn't connect yesterday when I tried using it.

I have version 3.9 (2012 special edition?). Opened and closed it 4-5 times in about a minute and worked just fine...

berickson1

Sep 15, 2012
Updated to version 1.1

Updated app to version 1.1.
Added functionality to kill the default camera app when running fix. (com.android.gallery3d)

ar31791

Dec 9, 2011
My solution is to use tasker to run the shell command: kill -9 `pidof mediaserver`
On every screen wake. So every time I turn screen off and back on the cam is good to go.

Reactions: recurringintensity

berickson1

Sep 15, 2012
My solution is to use tasker to run the shell command: kill -9 `pidof mediaserver`
On every screen wake. So every time I turn screen off and back on the cam is good to go.

My app does exactly that and adds the ability to kill Gallery, as it sometimes hangs when the camera stops working. Essentially the same solution with different implementation

Reactions: ingelectronico

ar31791

Dec 9, 2011
Yeah I was pretty sure it did. I just wanted something a little more silent and automated. Useful regardless. Hopefully the new kernel devs will fix the problem with cameras entirely. :)

Note: although on the new alpha kernel the cam always connected for me, I still had problems where I would get "static" artifacts on the bottom of images. Running this fix solves that issue as well.

topikdinata

Dec 8, 2012
I know this should go in Atrix development, but I am relatively new to the community and cannot post in the development section yet.

I have been frustrated by the camera connectivity issue that has been affecting Epinters CM10 ROM. Luckily, Epinter posted an easy solution to fix this without rebooting the device.. Looks like this works Epinters CM10.1 ROM based on comments in that thread (I have not tested it).

I decided that it would be a good idea to wrap this in a simple app that would allow a one-click fix!

To Use:
1) Install
3) Click "Run Fix!"
5) DONE!

Works on me i9300 cyanogen mod 10.1. Thanksssss

Jamin_1

Aug 17, 2010
Benz Town
Yeahhhhhh:highfive:

I read about your app once a while ago and then I wasn't able to find your thread and today I finally did.

You should make this app more popular since it helps a lot. I'm running an international S3 with CM10.2 and cause of the lack of source codes by Samsung this app is more than welcome on my device.

Thank you again!

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
am using camera 360.. nd wen i try to click via front camera.. It says "cant connect to camera" even aftr dis fix.. Any solution ??

Have you bothered to read the thread?
Iif so, habe you tried the workaround provided?
Also which rom and version do you have?
Which kernel?
Not to mention the fact you revived an old thread, which may get you reported...

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To Use:
    1) Install
    3) Click "Run Fix!"
    5) DONE!

Changelog:
    Version 1.1:Added ability to kill the gallery/camera app (com.android.gallery3d)

Edit (Apr 12): Reports of working with CM 10.1/10.2 i9300 (International Galaxy S3) & CM11 sprint galaxy s3

I still see this issue when using the stock camera, mostly after opening the camera multiple times in a relatively short period (~15 minutes) from the lock screen. I imagine that I can't be the only one seeing this. If this helps just one person, i'm happy!

My app does exactly that and adds the ability to kill Gallery, as it sometimes hangs when the camera stops working. Essentially the same solution with different implementation