Loud speaker problem ??? clicking noise ??

Search This thread

dk_iceman

Jan 24, 2009
Denmark - Sundby Mors
Hello

I have just notiched that when im holding the loudspeaker up to my ear i can hear a clicking noise not very loud I can only hear it when holding it against my ear...

have somebody notiched that ??

I am on Android Revolution HD rom 3.6.2 I have also tried 4.1.3 and it makes the same clicking sound

I am on Radio

Radio_10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2

Does this mean anything ??

hope anybody can help.. thanks

stampern22

Oct 20, 2010
I just started having this same problem. Just rooted my phone and installed Android Revolution HD 6.5.2 XE. I have the Regular Sensation 4G. It worked great for a couple days, now anything that normally plays through the device speaker just makes a very very quiet ticking noise. You have to hold your ear almost to the phone to hear it. Headphones and earpiece work fine. I tried flashing the non XE rom, but got the same issue. I read through 8 pages of searches and didn't find any resolution, just a few other people that had what sounded like the same issue. Has anybody fixed this without replacing the phone?

Bouchang

Dec 3, 2013
I just started having this same problem. Just rooted my phone and installed Android Revolution HD 6.5.2 XE. I have the Regular Sensation 4G. It worked great for a couple days, now anything that normally plays through the device speaker just makes a very very quiet ticking noise. You have to hold your ear almost to the phone to hear it. Headphones and earpiece work fine. I tried flashing the non XE rom, but got the same issue. I read through 8 pages of searches and didn't find any resolution, just a few other people that had what sounded like the same issue. Has anybody fixed this without replacing the phone?

I have JUST got the exact same problem, in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the rear speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, all ROMs. Thus I have also just ordered a replacememt speaker and will post the results.

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
I have the exact same problem with mine s4 active :(

I have JUST got the exact same problem, in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the rear speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, all ROMs. Thus I have also just ordered a replacememt speaker and will post the results.

bluefender

Jun 30, 2010
wales
Redmi Note 9 Pro
disassemble phone and make sure the speaker is seated correctly, if it's seated correctly then you might have a duff speaker, alternatively try a bog standard rom aka default one, and see if it works

Bouchang

Dec 3, 2013
disassemble phone and make sure the speaker is seated correctly, if it's seated correctly then you might have a duff speaker, alternatively try a bog standard rom aka default one, and see if it works

[UPDATE] New speaker arrived, took everything apart, swapped speakers, rebuilt, booted up, pressed the volume up button- 'no sound'! Pressed the volume up button with ear to the loudspeaker and there it is again- quiet clicking sound, best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a mini tazer! Took everything apart again, checked connections over and over (bearing in mind the loudspeaker just has two pins that rest directly on to the circuit board itself- I.e not hard to check), rebuilt, rebooted, same problem! Did a nandroid of my current and flashed a stock ROM,,, SAME PROBLEM! :mad:

Either the replacement speaker is also duff, or I am seriously missing something. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Bouchang

Dec 3, 2013
in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the REAR speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, ALL ROMs.

I'm stumped, love my old Sensation too so I'm relying solely on vibration to no miss calls. As I said, across the board..
I had Sultan's CM11 but had bugs so i reverted back to my nandroid of Albinoman's CM10.3, which is when it happened! Which made me think it was software related, but I've tried all ROM bases since to rule out all variables and it persists. Switching the loudspeaker and still there, checking the motherboard and all other connections and nothing makes a difference. Possibly the new speaker is also a duff?

Bouchang

Dec 3, 2013
did you do a full wipe, i would try going back to the basic ruu rom that came with the phone before giving up, although you will lose root, woth a try
as you could root again, have a go

I Always do a full wipe when I flash any ROM. I backup all apps and data with Titanium, then enter 4EXT to make a nandroid of current ROM, then do a full wipe- system, cache, Dalvik, before I try a new ROM, time consuming I know but that's probably one of those OCD'esque things I do. And I've taken similar consideration in trying to rule out what this could be. I'll try one more time your suggestion!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe the phone rubs against your ear produces those clicking sounds...:D
    did you do a full wipe, i would try going back to the basic ruu rom that came with the phone before giving up, although you will lose root, woth a try
    as you could root again, have a go