[j] [ q] Xposed Framework & Gravity Box

Search This thread

2000hardwell

Sep 25, 2013
Anyone knows how to install the xposed and the gravity box module on the xperia j without bootlops, force closes or something?

Sent from my ST26a using XDA Free mobile app

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
You must be doing something wrong then.

1.You need to be rooted
2.Install the newest xposed framework
3.Enable it
4.Download gravitybox module from it.
5.Enable it and reboot.

You did it like this?

2000hardwell

Sep 25, 2013
Of course i did, few times. I have a st26i though.
I wonder if it's because you have a version.

sorry but I think it does not work on stock roms because I read on this page:
Gravitybox http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.gm2.gravitybox the module does not fit stock roms (or so I think), here is the text:
DOES NOT support ROMs vastly modified by device manufacturers (HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz, MIUI, Lewa, ...)
this only works on AOSP roms you You used the stock rom?

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
sorry but I think it does not work on stock roms because I read on this page:
Gravitybox http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.gm2.gravitybox the module does not fit stock roms (or so I think), here is the text:
DOES NOT support ROMs vastly modified by device manufacturers (HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz, MIUI, Lewa, ...)
this only works on AOSP roms you You used the stock rom?
You mean stock rom or stock based rom?
Oh well, it doesn't matter, it worked on stock sony jb and it works on seraphic now.

2000hardwell

Sep 25, 2013
You mean stock rom or stock based rom?
Oh well, it doesn't matter, it worked on stock sony jb and it works on seraphic now.

well I started the process, I installed xposed, but when entering framework to start me appeared a warning that said that my device could not start after that and if I did not know how to fix my phone not make this but either way make a backup. The trouble is I have no backup, but I think you can solve with flashtool and pc companion, you know how to backup without recovery? my Rom is 11.2.a.0.31 jelly bean and I have unlocked the bootloader

Last edited:

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
well I started the process, I installed xposed, but when entering framework to start me appeared a warning that said that my device could not start after that and if I did not know how to fix my phone not make this but either way make a backup. The trouble is I have no backup, but I think you can solve with flashtool and pc companion, you know how to backup without recovery? my Rom is 11.2.a.0.31 jelly bean and I have unlocked the bootloader
Yes, if you have no backup you can fix your phone by repairing in pc companion or flashing stock ftf.

Afaik you can't make a nandroid backup without cwm or twrp. If you meant that you don't have recovery on stock rom and kernel, you can switch kernels - it's a bit time taking, but you can do it like this:
1.Flash a kernel with intergrated cwm, like riches or cm10 one (phone will be bootlooping or the system won't boot at all - custom kernels don't work on stock and vice versa).
2.Get into cwm, then into "backup and restore" and then "backup" Just make sure you got enough space free(around 1 gb should be enough)
3.Let it finish, then go back and "reboot", then pull out the battery (that's what i do when i want to turn the phone off)
4.Flash stock kernel back
5.Launch the phone and the backup should be there
6.If something breaks, switch kernels and go to "backup and restore" then "restore" and pick the backup you did"
7.Switch kernels again and everything should be like in the backup.