MIUI patch rom. Building our own (true)MIUI. Not MIUI like

Search This thread

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
nope ..

mh, systemui and framework seems to be a problem with cm7 ..

This is where i stack at Stock rom :

Building Framework.jar :

Code:
cp -r framework.jar.out/ .build/framework
/home/nimrod/MIUI-Vengeance/MiPatcher/tools/add_miui_smail.sh .build/framework_miui .build/framework
/home/nimrod/MIUI-Vengeance/MiPatcher/tools/apktool b .build/framework .build/framework.jar
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
Exception in thread "main" org.jf.dexlib.Util.ExceptionWithContext: method index is too large.
	at org.jf.dexlib.Util.ExceptionWithContext.withContext(ExceptionWithContext.java:54)
	at org.jf.dexlib.Item.addExceptionContext(Item.java:176)
	at org.jf.dexlib.Item.writeTo(Item.java:119)
	at org.jf.dexlib.Section.writeTo(Section.java:119)
	at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.writeTo(DexFile.java:716)
	at brut.androlib.src.DexFileBuilder.getAsByteArray(DexFileBuilder.java:75)
	at brut.androlib.src.DexFileBuilder.writeTo(DexFileBuilder.java:58)
	at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:50)
	at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:35)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSourcesSmali(Androlib.java:222)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSources(Androlib.java:179)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:170)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: method index is too large.
	at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Format.Instruction35c.writeInstruction(Instruction35c.java:102)
	at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Instruction.write(Instruction.java:57)
	at org.jf.dexlib.CodeItem.writeItem(CodeItem.java:258)
	at org.jf.dexlib.Item.writeTo(Item.java:116)
	... 12 more
code_item @0x1caf34 (Landroid/net/NetworkInfo$DetailedState;->values()[Landroid/net/NetworkInfo$DetailedState;)

make: *** [.build/framework.jar] Fehler 1
nimrod@nimrod-Ubuntu:~/MIUI-Vengeance/MiPatcher/p920$

any ideas ?

to tell you the truth I have no idea. I am no dev myself (though I wish I were). I just found that thread and post it here. I did try following the guide but got me nowhere. I do remember reading though that MIUI suggested using the patcher on stock roms preferably and no cm builds. Dont know why though.

Last edited:

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
glad to see that u are still working on it mate. MIUI is totally awesome. I had it running on my x10 and was amazed at it... Hope u work things out cause our phone sure needs something to boost its rep and we need something totally different than the stock crap.

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I've been trying to make a MIUI rom based on CM7 for the Moto Bravo. So far, I've gotten it to compile up to SystemUI, the errors in framework-res are from theme chooser theme support. You have to merge in a Theme Chooser theme into framework-res.apk to get it to compile. Most errors are for calls to android.xml which is only in the Theme Chooser themes. Once you add in android.xml and all its calls, framework-res will build.

Its the same with SystemUI, but I can't get it to build right and every patch I do will fix one error and give two more. Its a tedious process.

I'm about to attempt using Rom Toolbox to merge in Cyanbread and all its addons. Hopefully Rom Toolbox will fill in the gaps, but I seriously doubt it. Its worth a try though.

I hope this helps someone out. There's not much info for Patchrom yet, especially if you're using CM7 as a base since you're not supposed to, or its not recommended to anyways.

BTW, CM7 is my phone's only stable GB rom, the only other GB roms we have are unstable Defy and Milestone2 ports, so I have to get it to work with a CM7 base.

Edit: Merging in cyanbread with rom toolbox works for framework-res but has same systemui errors.

Last edited:

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Check dev section

Sent from my LG-SU760 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed phone.apk .. but still got statusbar/systemui and launcher fc. if i got the launcher working i will maybe upload an alpha build ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P920 mit Tapatalk
    Ah great, will take a look at it on the weekend!

Find a way to build the framework.jar .. can now build without an error, but its the same now like on cm7 .. all MIUI stuff gets FC .. and its still LG framework ..

Damn it! Worked 2 days on MIUI for LG and nothing is working .. now i played a bit with cm9 and MIUI v4 on my streak 7 and most is working ..
    We realy need cm9 for O3D ^^

i Have a working MIUI ROM For the P920 its busy uploading will post a link later off to bed