sound in skyfire stopped working!

Search This thread

Madzilla

Sep 10, 2007
I have been using skyfire for a while now and it has been awesome. but today i went to use it and there is no sound. everything else on my phone that has sound works. i have no installed anything or changed anything since last time i used it so it should work.

Madzilla

Sep 10, 2007
its not muted. I made sure phone volume was 100%. SKyfire was unmuted so i tried muting and unmuting t osee if it was just glitching. i reinstalled skyfire. nothing. i love skyfire but i need sound :(

Flagmax

Nov 17, 2006
they are having audio sever problem. try to restart Skyfire few times until it connects.

frankenbike

Nov 19, 2007
its not muted. I made sure phone volume was 100%. SKyfire was unmuted so i tried muting and unmuting t osee if it was just glitching. i reinstalled skyfire. nothing. i love skyfire but i need sound :(

If Settings/Advanced Options/"Hint for mobile version of pages" is checked, it seems to kill the sound. Unchecking it fixed my sound problems.

--
FB

marvinreyes

Oct 13, 2007
it happened to me too

what you have to do is a soft reset on the phone then it works again. it's a glitch.

htc.user

Jul 16, 2007
BOS
i experienced this problem when using wifi for skyfire. i resolved it by listening to a song on windows media player while opening skyfire and as i navigate to the video or audio page. once the page loads and starts (and when i see the little speaker appear at the bottom right of the screen), i switch to and close wmp and then watch the media with sound on skyfire.

Madzilla

Sep 10, 2007
I dont know what the problem was one day it wasnt working another day it was and no problems since. I think it was some kind of fluke or maybe they were doing something with their server that prevented me from getting the audio stream.

pdub73

Apr 9, 2008
well as of today 1100am (approx) the sound was working in Skyfire on my phone...but before today i hadn't really gone to any sites that had sound...

the only thing I can suggest is make sure you have their latest version... 0.8.0.7081 Skyfire has been having some problems and they have released 3 new updates in the last 3 or 4 weeks... hope this helps.

necromis

Mar 14, 2008
actually there is a fix for this. For those who have not resolved it yet. In settings make sure that you DO NOT have suggest mobile checked. This is in the advanced settings. Then do a soft reset. Also Skyfire has its own audio server so you may have to reload sometimes to get it synced.

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks!

Was just trying to figure out the same thing, I'm gonna try it now

Sweeny Russ

Aug 27, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
Make sure yous guys have the very latest version of skyfire beta. Its open for immediate download so don't hesitate to just go to skyfire homepage put in change devices and send it via text message to your titan.

ikeabuchi

Aug 8, 2007
What can be so annoying about some member that post on this topic lol they say go to website download and there you go.
I manage to get skyfire working sounds ok too,
for xperia the file is for touch version and my version that works has a file size of 584,909 bytes. Install to device, The version I have running for that cab says is version : 0.85.0.7927 remember to run wvga fix first and set to vga mode, Then start Skyfire
Also if you have a problem with it saying authenticate and checking data go to your phone connection settings and untick your proxy for your internet connection (effectively bypassing it)
p.s dont worry t-mobile users since your using the same acess point your data cost wont be affected depending if your on web,n walk (uk)
enjoy next time any member posting please explain fully its anoying when they generalised to a point and expect everyone to get it straight away we all are not geniuses phewww.. i feel better now

lyndel4

May 15, 2008
actually there is a fix for this. For those who have not resolved it yet. In settings make sure that you DO NOT have suggest mobile checked. This is in the advanced settings. Then do a soft reset. Also Skyfire has its own audio server so you may have to reload sometimes to get it synced.

Thanks this Worked Great for me :)