[GUIDE] Install v21y baseband on P999 w/o stock firmware using 64-bit Win7

Search This thread

HearWa

Dec 30, 2011
Toronto
If you own a P999 and didn't update in time to get the latest baseband from LG's Update utility this guide is for you. Windows XP compatibility mode isn't used so people such as myself who have Windows 7 Home Premium can follow this procedure. I am a Wind Mobile user and while the forums have enough information on how to do this I decided to compile a concise guide to save everyone some time.

Note that this will remove your cwm recovery installation if you have one. You will have to nvflash your phone again. And of course I am not responsible for any repercussions that may occur by you following this guide.

• Backup all apps + data.
  • Download the cwm backup stock wind firmware, a kdz file with the v21y baseband and the vbscript installation archive.
  • Extract wind firmware archive in clockworkmod/backup.
  • Boot into cwm recovery.
  • Clear data and cache.
  • "Recover" wind firmware from backup.
  • Boot into the new wind firmware.
  • Extract vbscript installation on PC and follow the directions from the download page. There's only one thing you do different: don't change the "Diag" menu to "EMERGENCY". Diagnostic mode is for phones that are powered on, emergency is for s/w update mode (volume down + power).

You are now running T-Mobile gingerbread with the v21y baseband! Now you can nvflash cwm recovery again and install your ROM of choice!

Last edited:

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
I guess there's not much interest in this but it worked great for me. I just submitted the steps to make life a little bit easier for anyone else in the same predicament.

Does it work to downgrade ur baseband? I never got any method to work on ne pc setup

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: khateeb-77

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
Does it work to downgrade ur baseband? I never got any method to work on ne pc setup

follow the steps in this thread and download the v21e KDZ file listed. i do this all the time in XP Mode virtual machine. the trick is to keep watching the USB menu in the window to make sure your phone is connected. it will disconnect once in awhile so you just have to "attach" it in the VM and it will continue
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680292

knotes

Dec 10, 2012
Markham
help please

hey I'm a beginner at this and i just want to clear a few things about the update before i proceed

1. will this automatically remove cwm recovery or will i have to do it manually?
2. do i need to unroot the phone?

khateeb-77

Jun 7, 2014
tmobile lg p 999 v21y

If you own a P999 and didn't update in time to get the latest baseband from LG's Update utility this guide is for you. Windows XP compatibility mode isn't used so people such as myself who have Windows 7 Home Premium can follow this procedure. I am a Wind Mobile user and while the forums have enough information on how to do this I decided to compile a concise guide to save everyone some time.

Note that this will remove your cwm recovery installation if you have one. You will have to nvflash your phone again. And of course I am not responsible for any repercussions that may occur by you following this guide.

• Download the cwm backup stock wind firmware, a kdz file with the v21y baseband and the vbscript installation archive.
  • Clear data and cache.
  • Extract vbscript installation on PC and follow the directions from the download page. There's only one thing you do different: don't change the "Diag" menu to "EMERGENCY". Diagnostic mode is for phones that are powered on, emergency is for s/w update mode (volume down + power).

You are now running T-Mobile gingerbread with the v21y baseband! Now you can nvflash cwm recovery again and install your ROM of choice!
hi i need help may someone offer me arabic stock rom for my tmobile lg p999 v21y plz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Clear data and cache.

cwm is manual
    No need to unroot

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    I guess there's not much interest in this but it worked great for me. I just submitted the steps to make life a little bit easier for anyone else in the same predicament.