[Q] Google Nexus 7 (2013) stuck at Google logo

Search This thread

ryderbg

May 19, 2012
Hi! I found many threads like this, but none of them fixed my problem so I need your help. Yesterday my Nexus device turned off when I launched Chrome. After this it stuck at Google logo. I tried to enter recovery mode but it can't. Can launch bootloader. The device is rooted and unlocked. Working on KitKat. "Back to stock" option in Nexus Root Toolkit doesn't work. Any ideas what to do?

p.s. When I try to enter recovery mode from bootloader, it just reboot and stuck at Google logo again.

Update: I tried to erase boot partiotion (with cmd) but it stuck

Last edited:

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
Use the nexus root toolkit and flash stock ROM and and kernel with a factory image. If you want to keep your data, flash cwm recovery temporarily and make a backup. Save the backup to your computer before flashing stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ryderbg

May 19, 2012
Use the nexus root toolkit and flash stock ROM and and kernel with a factory image. If you want to keep your data, flash cwm recovery temporarily and make a backup. Save the backup to your computer before flashing stock.

Like I said, I tried "Back to stock" but didn't work.

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
You should still be able to get into boot loader mode, yes? Hold down power and volume down buttons? Use the flash-all.bat in the factory image.

Did you flash anything? Kernels, Roms, mods etc? It won't go into a bootloop for no reason, unless you deleted the boot partition or something. Do a full wipe in recovery, reboot. If nothing, try flashing stock, or a different ROM in custom recovery.

ryderbg

May 19, 2012
You should still be able to get into boot loader mode, yes? Hold down power and volume down buttons? Use the flash-all.bat in the factory image.

Did you flash anything? Kernels, Roms, mods etc? It won't go into a bootloop for no reason, unless you deleted the boot partition or something. Do a full wipe in recovery, reboot. If nothing, try flashing stock, or a different ROM in custom recovery.

Yes, I can enter the bootloader. When I try to enter recovery from bootloader it restarts and stuck at google logo again. Also combination for recovery menu doesn't work (Power button + Vol up). Also I tried to boot/flash stock and custom recovery using SkipSoft software, but didn't work too. Tried flash-all.bat and cmd flashboot, too.

I still don't know what happen. I was using Chrome and bam* restart and stuck at Google logo.

ryderbg

May 19, 2012
I just booted a custom recovery with SkipSoft Android Toolkit and tried to wipe all data, but it failed:

Updating partition details ...
E: Unable to mount '/system'
E: Unable to mount '/cache'
E: Unable to set emmc bootloader message.
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs function.
Updating partition details...

ClockworkMod Recovery also gives errors:
Error mounting /system
(I/O error)

I think the memory is gone...

Last edited: