[XT890] Razr i Bricked? ADB devices not recognizing the phone :( - Help wanted

Search This thread

Andro1dism

Dec 8, 2013
68***
Hi there xda community,

I did switched from Retail EU to this custom ROM:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2174731 using Version RazRi_JB_X-2013-Dec-01.zip.

I did this somewhere around beginning of December. My first appreciation settled fast, since a lot of apps crashed right away (Cisco VPN, mpass), others did after a short run (Teamviewer), some did crash the whole phone and made it reboot (Sony TrackID) , VPN connections could not be established,

Anyway, using TWRP today I tried to test the new release RazRi_JB_X-2014-Jan-28; after tons of minutes waiting I rebooted the phone and tried again. Nothing. Tried to use the last RazRi_JB_X-2013-Dec-01. Since all failed I just wanted to use my Backup that I made before installing the ROM.

And now the phone starts up showing the "WARNING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED" screen.

My windows 7 pc shows "Android" under devices, I can remove "Android" with the icon in the taskbar, BUT:

adb devices does not recognize the phone.

So I guess I'm done, phone bricked.

I did check some posts and forums but nothing did help me.

So any sort of hints on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Fede79

Mar 9, 2010
Casilda
Moto G7
That warning message appears when you unlock the bootloader, and can't hide if u are in JB. After restore that nandroid the phone can't load?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk

Fede79

Mar 9, 2010
Casilda
Moto G7
Have a custom recovery installed? I supposed yes if u flash a zip file. Dunno how to do it in TWRP, I'm reading now and that recovery have a nandroid menu.
Just reboot the phone in recovery and search for that menu, this in case if that nandroid was do it with TWRP.

Andro1dism

Dec 8, 2013
68***
Have a custom recovery installed? I supposed yes if u flash a zip file. Dunno how to do it in TWRP, I'm reading now and that recovery have a nandroid menu.
Just reboot the phone in recovery and search for that menu, this in case if that nandroid was do it with TWRP.

Hi there,

I think you did not understand my problem.

If I could boot into recovery I would do so. But I cannot, all I see is the "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" Screen, and that is all. Sometimes the phone goes off and starts to boot to that screen. Nothing more.

When trying to use VOL UP / DOWN + PWR Button combinations, none seem to work. :(

5m00v3

Nov 26, 2013
Hamburg, DE
When trying to use VOL UP / DOWN + PWR Button combinations, none seem to work. :(

Try holding PWR, VOL+, VOL- for more than 10sec until it reboots.
If its reboot and you see the green LED release all buttons except VOL-.
Hold VOL- until recovery starts. Than load your nandroid backup.

Maybe your new JB-Rom replaced your TWRP and failed. Than you need to install your old-rom TWRP to recover nandroid.
If all fails try to install Stock JB 4.1.2 via RSD-Light and than install the old-rom TWRP and recover nandroid.

Reactions: Andro1dism

Andro1dism

Dec 8, 2013
68***

Maybe your new JB-Rom replaced your TWRP and failed. Than you need to install your old-rom TWRP to recover nandroid.
If all fails try to install Stock JB 4.1.2 via RSD-Light and than install the old-rom TWRP and recover nandroid.

NIIICE! Works! YOU THE MAN! :highfive::highfive:

Thanks a lot mate! You made my day!

So many different sites and none of their instructions helped!

Thx again! :good:

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
This instruction is given here several times. There are a lot of threads titled like yours....

Reactions: thiagomtl

Andro1dism

Dec 8, 2013
68***
This instruction is given here several times. There are a lot of threads titled like yours....

Thanks for your constructive post! :)

Although I did search the net and forum, I did not find a proper solution, thats why I asked here. Probably should have mentioned that in the first post to satisfy the need for approval of the question.

Yours Sincerely,

James

Reactions: dj_mol3y_x8

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013

Although I did search the net and forum, I did not find a proper solution, thats why I asked here. Probably should have mentioned that in the first post to satisfy the need for approval of the question.

Yours Sincerely,

James
Ok, when I have a look in the right section (http://xdaforums.com/razr-i/help)
There are:
cannot enter bootloader with how to (Date 2014-02-14)
weird softbrick with how to (date 2014-2-10)

These are only 2 I found in less than one minute.
So please excuse my post, but if the same question is asked again and again and the answer is given several times, it is really annoying to read those questions again and again. ;)

If you had searched I am sure you would have found the answer

Feb 11, 2014
If you had searched I am sure you would have found the answer

Well, I too think that the bootloader-entering-combination for the updated 4.1.2 build is not well documented as I searched multiple minutes for it when I needed it :)

The key is: Power the phone on with Power + Volume Down, release the power button instantaneously as the phone vibrates and hold volume down until the bootloader is there.
This also works on any reboot: Just press and hold the volume down button shortly before the device starts to vibrate (see the green light) - no need to press the power button there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yours Sincerely,

James