ML2 Update| GPS stopped working

Search This thread

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
After the ML2 4.3 update my GPs decided to not work. I tried so many fixes but none worked.
It searches for GPS forever.
I need to root to fix this but if anyone have the same issue or a fix without root i would appreciate it!
-TransformixS4

ChristopherXDA

Apr 22, 2013
CT
After the ML2 4.3 update my GPs decided to not work. I tried so many fixes but none worked.
I need to root to fix this but if anyone have the same issue or a fix without root i would appreciate it!
-TransformixS4

I am having the same issue!

So far I've:

1. Toggled GPS Off -> rebooted --> toggled back on
2. Cleared all data on Google Maps App -> uninstalled updates --> Downloaded the latest version in play store.
3. "Turned Off" apps and widgets that obviously use GPS, including some that don't, e.g. bloatware like blurb etc. and cleared their data.
4. Unchecked in the default Internet browser app the 'use location' option
5. Pulled sim and battery
6. Booted into safemode
7. Went to Samsung Desk at best buy to maybe reflash firmware but the device is not detected, probably because they don't have the ML2 (rep claimed it was because phone was discontinued).

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidState

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
Yea...

So far I've:

2. Cleared all data on Google Maps App -> uninstalled updates --> Downloaded the latest version in play store.
3. "Turned Off" apps and widgets that obviously use GPS, including some that don't, e.g. bloatware like blurb etc. and cleared their data.
6. Booted into safemode
7. Went to Samsung Desk to maybe reflash firmware but the device is not detected, probably because they don't have the ML2 (rep claimed it was because phone was discontinued).

1. DISCOUNTED?! NOOOOOO.
2. I factory reseted. Cleared cache. Flashed ML2. No hope...
3. Chatted with Samsung, they said to bring my phone in so they can check if the hardware has any problems.

ChristopherXDA

Apr 22, 2013
CT
Just thought I'd post a follow up. This evening I did a full factory reset via Odin- replacing everything- and GPS still didn't work. The phone just won't grab a satellite even though everything else is fine/no physical damage. Pretty much blows. Hopefully AT&T will replace this because the Samsung guy at best buy was like mail it Samsung...but what do i do in the freakin mean time? I wish Samsung would send me a new phone and wait for me to return this one, even if it meant a temp billing on my credit card.

Also, a sidenote- I used Ad-Away on 4.2 and when I updated to 4.3 ML2, my Hosts file with all the ad blocking entries remained. But now that I Odin-ed 4.3ML2 full reset, I obviously lost that, and am now realizing how many goddamn ads there are. In everything! #EndRant.

Last edited:

jholber2

Apr 4, 2008
I'm having the same issue. Worked fine on 4.2 and 4.3 mi2. It has to be software... I took it to Best Buy this weekend 3/22/14 and they re-flashed 4.3 without any problems. Still no gps lock... My wifi works but drops repeatedly every few minutes~seconds on my home router (Cisco e1200). Works fine on my work router (Linksys WRT150N).

najay

Aug 24, 2010
I am seeing the same issue with GPS. It was working fine when I first got the phone, and now, after the 4.3 ml2 update, it drops out every few minutes. I went back to using my nexus 7 tablet for nav.duty. I am also pretty frustrated about no having root.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -TransformixS4

So far I've:

6. Booted into safemode
    7. Went to Samsung Desk at best buy to maybe reflash firmware but the device is not detected, probably because they don't have the ML2 (rep claimed it was because phone was discontinued).