[Discussion] HTC One M8 - Updates

Search This thread

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Welcome to

The HTC One (M8) Updates Discussion Thread​

The purpose of this thread is to provide a singular location to talk about all updates for all regions. There is no need to create a new thread for every update for every region. Just discuss it here in this thread

Rules:
  • Keep discussion relevant and to the point.
  • Keep discussion as factual as possible.
  • Only post if your post can add value to the thread. IMPORTANT this one
  • Asking questions is not encouraged directly in this thread. Those should be posted in the Q&A subforum.

Last edited:

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
The newest firmware out is: 4.16.401.10

The changelog:

This update includes important enhancements and bug fixes, including:

System Update
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop Update
Lockscreen and Notifications
  • New Lollipop UI style with enhanced privacy features.
Recent Apps
  • Supporting Multiple pages
Addition of search function within settings

Last edited:

paul211b

Jan 30, 2010
Hmm mine is 1.12.61.17. Typo?

I'm on EE in the UK.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just double checked and it is definatly 1.12.161.17 for Vodafone. I get a replacement phone on Thursday due to complaining about the speaker grill not sitting flush so I will check this when it arrives.

Just double checked and it is definatly 1.12.161.17 for Vodafone. I get a replacement phone on Thursday due to complaining about the speaker grill not sitting flush so I will check this when it arrives.

Operator variants I guess.

Am I right in thinking once we are able to change the CID we can flash a stock ROM?

paul211b

Jan 30, 2010

Am I right in thinking once we are able to change the CID we can flash a stock ROM?

Screenshot_2014-04-01-15-34-23_zps232a30ef.png

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
All branded ROMs will have branded CID's which means that all updates come from carriers and not from HTC themselves, we need S-Off. Once we do, we can do anything on the phone.

Reactions: amer2

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011

That's a little misunderstanding, all roms with different cids are stock roms. You probably mean non bloated with carrier apps.

S-off is not necessary, just an unlocked bootloader is enough. Then you can install any rom you want, even use a stock backup from a wwe cid. But you can't update with that, that's the only thing.

That's a little misunderstanding, all roms with different cids are stock roms. You probably mean non bloated with carrier apps.

S-off is not necessary, just an unlocked bootloader is enough. Then you can install any rom you want, even use a stock backup from a wwe cid. But you can't update with that, that's the only thing.

By stock I meant a non carrier ROM. Should have been clearer.

What's WWE? And what is this S-OFF I keep seeing mentioned? I'm a newcomer to HTC! I just left Samsung's world.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
By stock I meant a non carrier ROM. Should have been clearer.

What's WWE? And what is this S-OFF I keep seeing mentioned? I'm a newcomer to HTC! I just left Samsung's world.

WWE roms are usually considered carrier free (world wide english) so all bloat it gone, s-off means security off....with s-off we are able to :

flash kernels from the recovery
flash recoveries from within the OS (with commands)

and it should enable us the option to change the unlocked bootloader status to locked (as it usually is when you get it, this was not the case on the htc one x btw)

some points of use there, and there will probably be some more that i am forgetting now...

EDIT :

- change the cid
- install any ruu we like
- downgrade and upgrade the hboot with ease

Last edited:
Reactions: elob and Chris_c81

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
Are there any teams actively working on S-off?

Just curious.

hosmsdos

Oct 29, 2008
I just got my one. Loving it. I am currently on this firmware1.12.401.17. Is it possible to update to the new firmware?

crustyeye

Mar 27, 2014
On EE and had update as soon as I powered it on last Thursday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396429967839.jpg
    1396429967839.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,025

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA ZIP COLLECTION

HAS MOVED HERE
    Ota is in sdcard/Download. Can share right on the cloud from phone so devs can cook in a few hrs [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, OTA in /cache/update.zip
    Here uploaded to androidfilehost.com
    HTC_ONE_M8_GPE_5_07_1700_6_MRA85K_H6.zip
    Good luck!
    I totally fail to understand why people think they can tell other people to get a life instead of waiting for the MM update.

We are all here on XDA because we are interested in mobile phones, interested highly above average. We like what they can do and how they look. Getting a major OS update makes the phone feel like almost a new device. I for one look forward to what MM brings, like Android pay, better app permissions control en hopefully better battery life. I like updates to my device that make it better. Of course I want that as soon as possible, of course I'm eager and very curious. If you couldn't care less about that, what are you doing in this thread and on XDA anyway?

And stop saying we shouldn't expect anything from HTC or be happy with whatever they do. They sell us expensive phones they will support for two years. MM has come out so it's completely logical they bring it to the 2014 HTC One M8. That's not charity from their part, that's their obligation. If you ask me, all brands' support for their products is very poor anyway. Millions of people are walking around with unpatched devices vulnerable to many attacks, that you really can't call old.

Having said all that, that doesn't mean we should all complain or whine about it. But please understand that people's enthousiasm about the coming update leads to disappointment when they don't even make it in the announced 2 weeks since the dec 3rd announcement for North America. Is there any logical reason why there should be any difference in launch dates between parts of the world? This shouldn't be about bugs begin squashed, you don't use one continent as beta testers for the other continent. You should have a beta test group for that.
    I personally still don't have a clue why many people in general are so hyped up and even bashing HTC about the updates and why it's not released for all regions at once. we get the update that's fair enough.

HTC should be wise and don't say a single word about updates and an eta. It would be the best for many users. And it would be better for the xda servers because it would contain less spam !

lol

:)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Lol got your attention?:D:D:D

Shortly I will be taking over the Collection of stock backups thread and the awesome work that the good @Mr Hofs has done to date. I plan to move the OTA collection into there so Nand backups and OTA files are in once place

This means that if you need to restore and update on stock and have any issues getting OTA files over the air. everything that you need will be in one place.

WHAT DO WE RECKON PEEPS???

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

HTC_621
    OTA_M8_UL_K444_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_3.28.709.6-3.28.709.5_release_400843m59k8z7s9vk0sv1g

Here you go m8: http://d-h.st/iGNq

Updated, cheers dude :)