[Q] How do I turn COMPLETELY off the HW keys?

Search This thread

Suppresed

Sep 26, 2012
Cuernavaca
Alright, I'm starting to get mad, this little bug that is on almost every goddamn ROM, is pissing the f' out of me. Ok here we go, I go to Settings> Buttons > Backlight // Disabled. It runs fine for like 20 minutes until I get a notification, this will make the HW key backlight go ON and never OFF again, it is on AOSPA, and CYANOGEN, i thing CARBON is now fixed but come on. So my question is:

IS THERE ANY FILE OR DAMN THING I CAN EDIT TO COMPLETELY (PERMANENTLY) SHUT THE HW-KEY BACKLIGHT OFF?

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Alright, I'm starting to get mad, this little bug that is on almost every goddamn ROM, is pissing the f' out of me. Ok here we go, I go to Settings> Buttons > Backlight // Disabled. It runs fine for like 20 minutes until I get a notification, this will make the HW key backlight go ON and never OFF again, it is on AOSPA, and CYANOGEN, i thing CARBON is now fixed but come on. So my question is:

IS THERE ANY FILE OR DAMN THING I CAN EDIT TO COMPLETELY (PERMANENTLY) SHUT THE HW-KEY BACKLIGHT OFF?

Or disable BLN with this app on Google play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=neldar.bln.control.free

moonryder

Apr 24, 2014
southern
just flash attached zips in recovery to enable or disable backlight

(thx to @Android-Andi for these files ;) )

Attachments

• GT-I8190-disable_softkeys_lights_and_BLN.zip
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
  • GT-I8190-enable_softkeys_lights_and_BLN.zip
    120.8 KB · Views: 4

Suppresed

Sep 26, 2012
Cuernavaca
just flash attached zips in recovery to enable or disable backlight

(thx to @Android-Andi for these files ;) )

It doesn't disable them permanently, I edited the script to change "brightness" to "max_brightness" but I don't know enough about permissions. It didn't work whatsoever. Thanks anyway, I just flashed PAC so I can turn them completely off there because of the "Display & Lights" settings there.

moonryder

Apr 24, 2014
southern
It doesn't disable them permanently, I edited the script to change "brightness" to "max_brightness" but I don't know enough about permissions. It didn't work whatsoever. Thanks anyway, I just flashed PAC so I can turn them completely off there because of the "Display & Lights" settings there.
of course they are disabled completely. I use the script couple of weeks and it works great.
You have to flash it again after each ROM-update for sure...