[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][01/01/17] Quanta - V21

Search This thread

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
I don't think you'll remember this but was the dt2w widget the last one you added? If so, I may have an hint regarding what's happening with the widgets.

Also, have you tried to reboot de device to see if the widgets still worked?

Yes I think dt2w was the last one added as brightness is more of a priority for me. Yes and on these occasions any type of reboot fixes the problem.

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Yes I think dt2w was the last one added as brightness is more of a priority for me. Yes and on these occasions any type of reboot fixes the problem.
I'm just curious, do you have any other apps that uses widgets or do you change your device's orientation. I'm trying to precisely pinpoint the issue as I didn't get across it yet.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

scissorscrush

Aug 18, 2013
Look at that....

Attachments

• 1441127436286.jpg
    1441127436286.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 599
  • 1441127462282.jpg
    1441127462282.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 596

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
Mostly playing the Tomb Raider 1 game and surfing the web -
I am getting some amazing Screen On Times with Quanta Kernel and Liquidsmooth Lollipop 5.1.1 - some serious variable undervolting going on etc. (-150mV @ 384 others more ) and per app mode in use on Franco's updater.
Also the way I have it set up If I wasnt using the phone much I could probably get 9 days without needing to charge it !! [ I have seriously tweaked behind the scenes stuff to minimise any battery use from any process I dont want ;) ]

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I am getting some amazing Screen On Times with Quanta Kernel and Liquidsmooth Lollipop 5.1.1 - some serious variable undervolting going on etc. (-150mV @ 384 others more ) and per app mode in use on Franco's updater.
Also the way I have it set up If I wasnt using the phone much I could probably get 9 days without needing to charge it !! [ I have seriously tweaked behind the scenes stuff to minimise any battery use from any process I dont want ;) ]
Could you sent me a private message with those tweaks, if you don't mind? I want to compare them to mine to see what the difference is. I'm getting about 4 and 1/2 hours sot but apparently you proved that there's plenty or room left for improvement. But only if you have time to spent on writing a potential long message, considering that you've got some serious tweaking going on there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria

Share your tweaks to everyone :)

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
9 days?! What is your mako, a 10.000 mAh variant of our Google phone?! Just kidding ahah, but yeah, if you're so successful in stopping the mako generally fast draining, then you can share your experience here :thumbup::D

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Liudas458

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
Guys this is seriously going off topic - this is zaclimon's thread about his great Quanta kernel - not my tweaks - so please can we keep this thread about the original topic. Thanks

I do not have a simple set of tweaks to share with anyone -It is very complicated and long and It would take me days to take you through what I do to my phone from wiping and installing everything then tweaking and that is not going to happen - the info is all on this forum - you could start here Insanely Better Battery Life When Idle - Battery Life Thread . Also Franco tweaks are dependent on your particular phone so you just have to try and see what your phone can handle - good luck ;)

Last edited:

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Guys this is seriously going off topic - this is zaclimon's thread about his great Quanta kernel - not my tweaks - so please can we keep this thread about the original topic. Thanks

I do not have a simple set of tweaks to share with anyone -It is very complicated and long and It would take me days to take you through what I do to my phone from wiping and installing everything then tweaking and that is not going to happen - the info is all on this forum - you could start here Insanely Better Battery Life When Idle - Battery Life Thread . Also Franco tweaks are dependent on your particular phone so you just have to try and see what your phone can handle - good luck ;)
Wow... just chill dude. No one forced you to give us your tweaks at gun point or whatever. We just asked nicely if you could. No one's dying if you don't want to share them.
And FYI, talking about tweaking "quanta kernel" on this thread is related to the kernel itself. You're talking about tweaking quanta, not other kernel. So it is most certainly NOT off topic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria

We asked for the tweaks on a kernel level, not the apps, other things you tweaked :)

What we wanted is like what io scheduler, what values of the conservative/hotplug values did you changed...

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal

Mehh, I'm always surprised at how you guys can get that amount of SOT on a device with such a struggling battery. I don't mind that you talk how you can help the others, just be sure to keep everything on topic. XD

vFMKME1.png

atulclassic

Feb 20, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus 9R

Forums are meant for sharing..if you don't want to help others don't expect help from others..

scissorscrush

Aug 18, 2013
I never understood the meaning of off topic in forums... If someone is asking for help, just help him. If you don't want to then ignore the comment and move on. Either you sit alone and have nothing to do but bashing people on websites OR you just talk to everyone like that... Even your parents.

Reactions: dragos281993

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
Google Pixel 4 XL
9 days?! What is your mako, a 10.000 mAh variant of our Google phone?! Just kidding ahah, but yeah, if you're so successful in stopping the mako generally fast draining, then you can share your experience here :thumbup::D

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Not to be a buzzkiller, but the SOT screen really doesn't say much as the phone could have benefited from a quick charge during the day. Without a graph we cannot judge the whole cycle.

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Hi guys, it's been a bit long since there has been action over here. It's nothing much, I updated Tweaks to 3.0.1. Here's the changelog from the Play Store:

- Updated for Android 6.0. (Marshmallow)
- Fixed the backup buttons not showing up in landscape.
- Misc tweaks and fixes.

It should be available for download in the next hours.

Enjoy!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simple, Powerful, Stable. Here's Quanta for the Nexus 4 (Mako)

Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void, use at your own risk. Don't blame me for anything because YOU decided to make these changes.

Note: This kernel is made for Android 5.1 (Lollipop) up to Android 7.1. (Nougat) For earlier versions, please refer to Sabermod franco.Kernel on post 3.

Features:

- Based upon the official franco.Kernel source
    - Compiled with the latest Cortex-A15 optimized UberTC 5.x with some kernel based optimizations + Graphite
    - Linux 3.4.110 (Linux 3.4.0 for V9 onwards)
    - AOSP/CM compatible
    - F2FS compatible
    - DT2W support (From Stratosk)
    - Faux Sound support
    - Exponential brightness driver from Statosk
    - Optimized Ondemand governor from Stratosk (V15+)
    - USB-OTG Support
    - MultiRom Support
    - Tweaked performances profiles from franco.Kernel
    - Support for android-keyboard-gadget (You can use your device as a keyboard/mouse for your PC)
    - Support for Xpad

Installation:

1. Install using CWM/TWRP
    2. Enjoy

Sources:

Kernel Source (quanta-7.x)
    Anykernel Source (mako-7.x)

Changelog:
    Code:
    V21 (01/01/17):
    - Support for Nougat (7.x)
    - Updated to December's security patches

V20 (18/09/16)
    - Merged security updates for September (Includes CVE-2016-2059 and CVE-2016-5340)
    - Attempt to fix camera on CM

V19 (21/08/16)
    - Merged security updates for August
    - Patched Quadrooter exploit (CVE-2016-5340)
    - Updated F2FS

V18 (16/07/16)
    - Merged security updates for July
    - Performance improvements (From Franco's release for Flo)
    - Faster boot up time (From Franco's release for Flo)

V17 (11/06/16):
    - Merged Flo's security patches (Important)
    - Updated F2FS

V16 (15/05/16):
    - Fixed blank display while using the camera
    - Mako_hotplug should work fine with Interactive now
    - Made Software CRC toggable

V15 (08/05/16):
    - Reverted CPU-Boost to use mako_hotplug instead
    - Used the optimized Ondemand governor from Semaphore
    - Interactive should be more power-efficient when the display is off
    - Updated F2FS
    - Misc security fixes

V14 (24/03/16):
    - Disabled the 3rd and 4th CPU core by default
    - Compensate the performance loss of this by adapting the frequencies in Interactive
    - Changed the default frequency back to 1512Mhz.

V13 (09/03/16):
    - Reverted a timer related commit that was the cause of the panics
    - Reintroduced Nvidia's power settings
    - Updated F2FS

V12 (21/02/16):
    - Reverted Nvidia's relaxed power settings
    - Misc improvements/fixes

V11(18/02/16)
    - Rebased from Flo V7 release
    - Changed from mako_hotplug to cpu_boost
    - Replaced Conservative by Interactive
    - Updated F2FS
    - Misc improvements (KSM, optimized LMK from Motorola, etc...)

V10(09/12/15)
    - Synced with the 6.0.1 Google sources
    - Added full FauxSpeaker support

V9(09/11/15)
    - Rebased from Google 3.4.0 sources
    - Compiled with Cortex-A15 optimized UberTC

V8(25/10/15)
    Initial Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) release
    Linux 3.4.110
    Removed Franco sound tweaks
    Updated the F2FS drivers
    Updated the android-keyboard-gadget

V7(24/09/15)
    Linux 3.4.109
    Reverted the LMK optimization patch from Motorola
    GPU drivers reverted to a 5.1.1 state (Fixes Chrome scrolling lag)
    Updated the F2FS drivers
    Enabled support for XPad and updated it for Xbox One controller support
    Battery power saving optimizations from Nvidia
    Misc optimizations/fixes

V6(24/05/15)
    Synced commits from 5.1.1
    Reverted a cpufreq commit that was causing some more watchdog issues

V5(10/05/15)
    Reverted the mako_hotplug commits from Shamu (as an attempt to fix watchdog issues)
    Added filesystem related optimizations
    Added some LMK optimizations
    Added ROW optimized values

V4(03/05/15)
    Fixed CM PowerHal issue for good
    Added Stratosk's DT2W Power Key Suspend

V3(19/04/15)
    Linux 3.4.107
    Added some stuff to ramdisk + fixes
    Merged some mako_hotplug commits from Shamu

V2(17/04/15):
    Replaced McKael's DT2W implementation by Stratosk's
    Added Fast Charge
    Tweaked the performance profiles (Power Saving CPU freq going from 1242 MHZ to 1026MHZ)

V1(16/04/15):
    Updated F2FS drivers (with new mounting flags so you can feel a whole new beast)
    Tweaked performance profiles (I found that they weren't as much optimised as I would like to)
    Support for android-keyboard-gadget (you can now use your device as a keyboard/mouse for your computer)
    Reverted the 192 MHZ CPU freq as it was causing more negative than positive results

Mako is not dead yet you hear me!!

Trying to get some stuff done before an eventual release.

Screenshot_20160824-163008.png
    July treat

Hey guys, another month, another release. This might be the last release before Nougat or the new Nexus appears. (I hope so I can finally upgrade my phone XD) It is without saying that the Nexus 4 is a really great beast on it's own. Anyways, here it is:

V18 (16/07/16) :
    - Merged security updates for July
    - Performance improvements (From Franco's release for Flo)
    - Faster boot up (From Franco's release for Flo)

Both releases are available on the regular release platforms.

For QT, I know I've been slacking but it has been a bit hard to work on it. I plan to make a maintenance release before I being my work on some overhaul based on some neat stuff seen on Google I/O. :p

Anyways, Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: Rollout paused for the moment. Back online! Sorry for the waiting. :)
    Hope this one is good

Hey guys, I've been pretty much silent since last week. I hope this build will fix all the issues related to the panics/watchdog that you've been having. Here it is:

V13(09/03/16)
    - Reverted a commit related to timers that were the cause of the panics (Looks like @jolinnard was right)
    - Reintroduced Nvidia Power savings
    - Updated F2FS

Both builds are available on BasketBuild.

Enjoy!! :)