Hulu Plus

Search This thread

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
New APK...Try this, it is working alright so far ... Feb 2012

HuluPlus

Old Method..

All credits goes to huntken, i'm just posting here. Works on my transformer. I'm running Prime 1.7. Original thread here..
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2526

Directions:
1. Delete Hulu Plus if you have it installed already.
2. Delete any backups you may have of it in Titanium Backup.
3. Get Titanium Backup if you don't already have it.
4. Download this file here: and unzip it, there will be 3 folders in it.
5. Place all 3 folders in the sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder
6. Launch Titanium Backup and restore the backup.
7. Enjoy?

And of course I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong and blah blah blah.

PLEASE NOTE: You can't use "Ad Free" or anything that modifies hosts for this, or the videos won't load.

Last edited:

igot6strings

Apr 23, 2011
Do you have to be a plus subscriber to access the free stuff? Is there a different app for that or something? The free stuff on the Hulu Plus app only has a mere handful episodes and just 1 movie. Otherwise it works awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
Do you have to be a plus subscriber to access the free stuff? Is there a different app for that or something? The free stuff on the Hulu Plus app only has a mere handful episodes and just 1 movie. Otherwise it works awesome. Thanks.

Free stuff is web only I am afraid. Gotta pay to play ;)

igot6strings

Apr 23, 2011
I would if I could. I'm in canada. I watch the free stuff on my PC thru a proxy. It sucks using the browser to play it on the tf. If I didn't need to have a credit card address in the US I'd subscribe. Netflix works for me though. Both US and Canadian sites with the patch. That will do for now I guess.

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
Sorry forgot to say my thanks.

Thanks Alex (and of course huntken). This has pretty much fulfilled my wishes for this tablet. It would be nice if they finally get around to make it tablet optimized, but beggars can't be choosers (which is funny enough because I actually pay for their service, lol).

Now let's get some more high quality games on this thing :p

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
When i downloaded the file and unzipped the file inside was one a hulu proprieties and 2 more zip files. do i unzip them as well or just place them in the Titanium Backup folder? thanks

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
When i downloaded the file and unzipped the file inside was one a hulu proprieties and 2 more zip files. do i unzip them as well or just place them in the Titanium Backup folder? thanks

just place the 3 files in the titanium backup folder and refresh the app list in TB, if it doesn't show, reboot the TF, it will be near the bottom of the list corssed out, just click on it and restore.

works like a charm on my TF running revolver 2.1

Reactions: zigzagzz71

knowah

Jun 7, 2009
Gulfport, MS
sexy.

Free stuff definitely plays. I am not signed in (plus account is down atm anyway) and I'm watching Peter Griffin fight a chicken as I type this.

igot6strings

Apr 23, 2011
sexy.

Free stuff definitely plays. I am not signed in (plus account is down atm anyway) and I'm watching Peter Griffin fight a chicken as I type this.

That's only clips. There are very few free episodes/movies on the app compared to the thousands on the site.

Dorkington

Jun 16, 2011
Washington, DC
asylum-photo.com
Stock root 3.2

I'm getting "device not supported" errors.

Uninstalled, rebooted, restored, still get errors... hrm

Edit: Ok, I uninstalled via TB, and rebooted, then installed via TB, rebooted and NOW it works. Must have been some file sticking around that shouldn't have been. Cheers. :)

Last edited:

hpric

Aug 26, 2009
tried everything and still could not get it to work on my transformer.
Ha.. I got it working

Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Stock root 3.2

I'm getting "device not supported" errors.

Uninstalled, rebooted, restored, still get errors... hrm

Edit: Ok, I uninstalled via TB, and rebooted, then installed via TB, rebooted and NOW it works. Must have been some file sticking around that shouldn't have been. Cheers. :)

Same problem and have try uninstall reboot ect like you but still no go. You guys restoring app only our app + data?

actorman46

Mar 5, 2011
Ann Arbor
Apps + data worked well for me. There was someone over in the nookcolor forum who edited the Netflix app to work in landscape. It works great and I use it all the time. I might ask him if he can do the same for this app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New APK...Try this, it is working alright so far ... Feb 2012

HuluPlus

Old Method..

All credits goes to huntken, i'm just posting here. Works on my transformer. I'm running Prime 1.7. Original thread here..
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2526

Directions:
    1. Delete Hulu Plus if you have it installed already.
    2. Delete any backups you may have of it in Titanium Backup.
    3. Get Titanium Backup if you don't already have it.
    4. Download this file here: and unzip it, there will be 3 folders in it.
    5. Place all 3 folders in the sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder
    6. Launch Titanium Backup and restore the backup.
    7. Enjoy?

And of course I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong and blah blah blah.

PLEASE NOTE: You can't use "Ad Free" or anything that modifies hosts for this, or the videos won't load.
    This was made by Racing19969 for the Galaxy S 4G and it works on transformer. I'll edit the first post..

HuluPlus

just place the 3 files in the titanium backup folder and refresh the app list in TB, if it doesn't show, reboot the TF, it will be near the bottom of the list corssed out, just click on it and restore.

works like a charm on my TF running revolver 2.1