Can you flash a MA5 rom Running on MA7 Firmware?

Search This thread

blueshoky

Mar 21, 2008
Can you flash a MA5 rom Running on MA7 Firmware? Will H2O MA5 rom work on a rooted MA7 phone ?

tionne22

Apr 19, 2011
How did you root your MA7 firmware....im stuck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

blueshoky

Mar 21, 2008
I used Billard's back-to-stock LJC zip, installed rwilco's MA7 update zip using stock recovery, rooted using Chainfire's auto-root, installed TWRP with Goomanager, flashed deodexed MA7 and everything works! VERY smooth and fast. I copied this from another user.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Several ways. What I did was use odin to flash twrp. Tgen used twrp to flash a root zip.

The only glitch I ran into that I don't see explained anywhere was one step along the way to actually flash twrp successfully. In odin you click PDA and select the openrecovery*.tar and it flashes fine but then reboots into the regular OS. When you reboot into recovery it's still the stock recovery.

I had to un-check the auto-reboot checkbox in odin and flash twrp again, then pull the battery, then get all three voldown-home-power buttons pressed and while holding them use your foot or your chin or your girlfriend or something to put the battery back in. Then it boots into twrp and you never have a problem after that. It's a one-time problem.

Once I had twrp I used that to flash a root.zip which was just a recovery flashable packaging of supersu. After that everything else you can get from market. Busybox titanium etc.

There are other instructions that go the other way where you use odin to flash a root.zip and then just use goo manager to install twrp.

Cf auto root still works on ma7 too, which is just a little more automated way to do the same things I just described.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

TADitto

Jul 20, 2011
PHOENIX, AZ
Well I don't know about MA5 ROM on MA7 but I just flashed Whomp 2.6 which is LJC on MA7 and no issues to report so far. Didn't do anything special just flash as normal.:D